• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Do you have a problem with confessing your sins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polishmanmike

Mar 11, 2007
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Guys I know i ve been posting some stuff on the boards, just to let u guys know that I suffer with you and need Christ constantly. This isnt me writing this, its the Holy Spirit. Sometimes I will like reread of what was written and Im like WHOA thats amazing, I should do that! lol...It is not me who lives but Christ, its not my wisdom but God's. God let me learn first.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

a lot of us confess but question what does to confess mean, because some of us feel like we have to start with "forgive me" or "I am sorry" or "Im sorry Father for I have sinned"....so on and so forth......isnt that just fake tho? to come to God with a already made up verse? what does the word CONFESS mean?

homologeo -

1) to say the same thing as another, i.e. to agree with, assent
2) to concede
a) not to refuse, to promise
b) not to deny
1) to confess
2) declare
3) to confess, i.e. to admit or declare one's self guilty of what one is accused of
3) to profess
a) to declare openly, speak out freely
b) to profess one's self the worshipper of one
4) to praise, celebrate

God says hey, agree with me that u have done wrong, shed light on this so it no longer is in darkness but that all is brough to light, and repent. Guys lets come to God with our sins and feel good about it and not ohh no i gotta confess again, again it will take me sooo long, noooo, come bring it before God, repent DO IT NO MORE (check out the topic on the Kingdom of God in the main thread board) and get on with ur life praisin JESUS

when the confession of sin is a burden.......remember that we are comming to our Daddy to tell Him that we ve done bad, apologizing. Some1 else was already punished for it tho, Jesus on the Cross. So our job now is to turn to Christ, to Holiness, to repent and live Holy lives.
We are Rightious because of what Christ did, but we lead Holy lives through obeying Christ in our life choices, we are Rightious when we accept Christ and enter His Kingdom but God works on our Holiness all throughout our lives.

marcb

May 4, 2006
California
✟8,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes!

Some1 else was already punished for it tho, Jesus on the Cross.

Good point, Mike, and therefore we need to stop punishing ourselves or perceiving that we are "being punished." May our lives reflect this truth of forgiveness and love. Marc

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.