Mar 27, 2011
✟95,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I wish I could turn off the hopeless romantic switch in my head.. I keep finding myself hoping that Guy will ask me out. Valentine's is coming up and it would be the perfect excuse to do something cute. There's an escape room for two locally that I think would be the perfect date...

Time to download another dating site account and pretend for a moment that's going to work to distract myself :sorry:

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wish I could turn off the hopeless romantic switch in my head.. I keep finding myself hoping that Guy will ask me out. Valentine's is coming up and it would be the perfect excuse to do something cute. There's an escape room for two locally that I think would be the perfect date...

Time to download another dating site account and pretend for a moment that's going to work to distract myself :sorry:
Just ask him out, there, problem solved :p

TheRealAriel
TheRealAriel
Can't a girl just want to be pursued? ^_^ I've never had that before.. I really hope that if I do pursue love again it will be because someone like me and pursued me.
Upvote 0

pen_and_poetry

Kale Queen
Nov 25, 2022
Orange county, CA
✟25,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Girl, soooo.... I asked my crush out and he said no. I'd much rather he have come after me. I just always ask myself, "what would Alex Turner do? PURSUE"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@TheRealAriel fair enough, but you never know. If you invite him to an Escape Room Valentine's, he might start pursuing you :p

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@TheRealAriel if hey reject you, then at least you'll know and can stop wondering, right? And if they accept, and as you said its pretty obviously a date, then put the ball in his court to ask for a second date.

though honestly, if any of my friends asked me to an escape room, it would be an automatic yes xD

TheRealAriel
TheRealAriel
Haha- idk... wondering is kind of nice. Even if Guy will never see me that way (as is likely the case), the excitement of feelings is nice. I've felt cynical about love and relationships for a while. The buzz of what if feels good. Even if it ends in nothing.
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@TheRealAriel yeah, fair point. Ive been there a few times, having the feelings, and feeling it might be possible is fun.

I've been trying to kill my crush on the woman at my store, but it's tough, because I like liking her xD

Reactions: TheRealAriel
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@TheRealAriel , yes! One thousand percent I'm telling you to do what I wish I could do :p
I mean, there are many reasons I don't, but primarily, walmart has policies about certain positions, like security, not being able to date associates-- and they just so happen to have one of these positions.
And I also get the feeling it's entirely one-sided and I don't wanna make work awkward. I'm awkward enough as it is :p

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟95,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
@TheRealAriel , yes! One thousand percent I'm telling you to do what I wish I could do :p
I mean, there are many reasons I don't, but primarily, walmart has policies about certain positions, like security, not being able to date associates-- and they just so happen to have one of these positions.
And I also get the feeling it's entirely one-sided and I don't wanna make work awkward. I'm awkward enough as it is :p
Ah, that's difficult with a policy in the way. I suspect my experience is entirely one-sided too... so I think it's far more fun to hope and to be happy that there's still romantic feelings in my body after all I've been through :p So now the only question is.... eharmony or hinge? :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pen_and_poetry

Kale Queen
Nov 25, 2022
Orange county, CA
✟25,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Uhhhh, neither lol Well, back years ago I found eharmony really weird but maybe since other apps have gone to the crapper, that one may not be so bad now lol

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ah, that's difficult with a policy in the way. I suspect my experience is entirely one-sided too... so I think it's far more fun to hope and to be happy that there's still romantic feelings in my body after all I've been through :p So now the only question is.... eharmony or hinge? :D
Are you sure though? They invited you to an Emo Karaeoke night with their friends. Pretty good interest indicator, if you ask me :p

I have zero experience on dating sites, so idk.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@TheRealAriel ,well now THAT is a pretty important detail :p

i admit, Im the king of telling other people to go for it, while refusing myself. But im also usually right :p

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@TheRealAriel yes you should! Lol. Because you like him, and you've already beyond acquaintance level, and to hangout at Karaeoke and what not.

So maybe don't ask him to Valentines Escape Room right off the bat. Also that's still a few weeks out, and it makes it kinda awkward. Fun fact, the last time I asked a girl out, it was to the County Fair. But it was delayed. So for like 3 weeks or a month, we kept hanging out and going to movies, and stuff like normal, waiting for our "first date"... it was weird and awkward, and sorta hilarious looking back on it-- anyway-- if you're going to ask someone you see all the time out, try to pick something a little sooner than a month away :p

I would, however, recommend you make some small attempts to get closer to him. Text him a funny meme. Invite him to a group of more standard style karaoke. Etc. You don't have to go straight to asking him out, but you could try getting closer, getting to know him, making hanging out together more normal, less pressure.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to most Christians, is finding someone attractive in itself a sin? I know that lust is commonly a sin (often defined as very strong sexual desire), Jesus says that marriage and sex will be absent and not redeemed in Heaven, and there won't be any more reproduction (Matthew 22:30), that looking at another woman is committing lust is one's heart, and so on, it seems like the evidence points more to Jesus believing that the attraction by itself is a sin than not.

Not everyone is going to date or be partnered, and even if they do get partnered, they aren't guaranteed to be that person's ideal (if a person wants a certain kind of thing or trait). I'm a little upset that God doesn't want some people to be partnered, and yet all of us feel the desire any way and we can't find an outlet. God could have either made an Eve for every Adam or not have anyone partnered at all to begin with. Also, God created all this only to cut it off at the point of death or return of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
According to most Christians, is finding someone attractive in itself a sin? I know that lust is commonly a sin (often defined as very strong sexual desire), Jesus says that marriage and sex will be absent and not redeemed in Heaven, and there won't be any more reproduction (Matthew 22:30), that looking at another woman is committing lust is one's heart, and so on, it seems like the evidence points more to Jesus believing that the attraction by itself is a sin than not.

Not everyone is going to date or be partnered, and even if they do get partnered, they aren't guaranteed to be that person's ideal (if a person wants a certain kind of thing or trait). I'm a little upset that God doesn't want some people to be partnered, and yet all of us feel the desire any way and we can't find an outlet. God could have either made an Eve for every Adam or not have anyone partnered at all to begin with. Also, God created all this only to cut it off at the point of death or return of Christ.
Those are some pretty extreme interpretations of the scriptures. It doesn't say looking is the sin, is says looking "to lust after her..." is the sin. Big difference in looking at someone, thinking they're pretty, and being attracted-- or looking at someone and having naughty thoughts, or picturing them naked.

Its a strange conundrum, not gonna lie. But let's he honest, we are human beings, and we have am entire history as an example that we are impossible to please. No matter what amazing thing God creates for us, we find a way to grumble. If God had made an Eve for every Adam and vice-versa-- men would complain that another Adam's Eve is better than his own.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, if it was a sin, then God would not have created Eve and commanded them to be fruitful and multiply. If it was a sin, then every single person who has ever married and had kids is sinning and the human race would've died out a long time ago.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
According to most Christians, is finding someone attractive in itself a sin?

I've read your post five times, and I'm not sure why you or anyone else would think it would be? :scratch:

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟95,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Put up a goofy video of me singing along to Britney Spears and acting silly at a bar the other day and Mr Man hearted it… I had told myself I wasn’t interested anymore, but something about a heart from a guy you fancy sure stokes an ember.

In other news, got Hinge again and feeling more optimistic about it this time. Actually matching with profiles where people put thought into their answers and are equally sharing the burden of creating conversations from little to nothing.

I may be watching too many chick flicks of late, but I feel a little optimism that this might be the year to finally experience a romantic adventure.

Upvote 0