United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, intended. :)

Though it was probably a lot more than one saved, I suppose my point was, even if it was just one that's substantial.

I'd have to disagree.

The effort this guy put into this all those years was intended for way more than just a couple of people. Think about all the sermons, the books, the conferences, all those years, all directed against tongue speaking people....

That's a hatred.

But has it paid off in the end? I don't think GOD even blinked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd have to disagree.

The effort this guy put into this all those years was intended for way more than just a couple of people. Think about all the sermons, the books, the conferences, all those years, all directed against tongue speaking people....

That's a hatred.

But has it paid off in the end? I don't GOD even blinked.

You original comment was no true, that's all I was arguing.

Pentecostal can grow jut as fast as once saved always saved, or any denomination that caters to what people want over God. As a matter of fact we can expect that in this day and age, and it doen't mean God is making it happen....God "lets" things happen sometimes..

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point was others being save from becoming Pentecostal. I'll just have to leave who is saved from Hell or not, up the our maker.

But if salvation was not the point--the known point--then what was the point? Why spend so much time and effort on people who maybe aren't saved when there are so many people out there who are definitely not saved?

• Agree
Reactions: ARBITER01
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You original comment was no true, that's all I was arguing.

Pentecostal can grow jut as fast as once saved always saved, or any denomination that caters to what people want over God. As a matter of fact we can expect that in this day and age, and it doen't mean God is making it happen....God "lets" things happen sometimes..

Let me clue you in to growth that's happening,...

https://factsandtrends.net/2016/12/12/10-key-trends-in-global-christianity-for-2017/

"In 1900, there were less than 1 million Pentecostals/Charismatics in the world. In 2017, they will climb to 669 million. By 2050, they will top 1 billion—the second Christian group to do so, behind Catholics."

We are only a little over 100 years old, and we have more than doubled the amount of the old protestant denominations in the world, combined.

Whether GOD is making it happen, or allowing it to happen, it is nonetheless happening. In that regard, yea there is no debate in this debate discussion thread.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But if salvation was not the point--the known point--then what was the point? Why spend so much time and effort on people who maybe aren't saved when there are so many people out there who are definitely not saved?

Ok, if you must push it, I think things they do are very questionable that may lead to a questionable end...that much I'm sure enough of, but whether or not that is a fact, I'll leave it up to God. See?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let me clue you in to growth that's happening,...

https://factsandtrends.net/2016/12/12/10-key-trends-in-global-christianity-for-2017/

"In 1900, there were less than 1 million Pentecostals/Charismatics in the world. In 2017, they will climb to 669 million. By 2050, they will top 1 billion—the second Christian group to do so, behind Catholics."

We are only a little over 100 years old, and we have more than doubled the amount of the old protestant denominations in the world, combined.

Whether GOD is making it happen, or allowing it to happen, it is nonetheless happening. In that regard, yea there is no debate in this debate discussion thread.

I've said my piece and you have not thwarted anything I have said as of yet. You stats don't change anything.

How fast is Atheism growing?

• Agree
Reactions: zelosravioli
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I've said my piece and you have not thwarted anything I have said as of yet. You stats don't change anything.

How fast is Atheism growing?

I think you are missing my original point. Don't build your life around this stuff. In my opinion, MacArthur is a complete failure. He spent his whole life fighting against Pentecostals and Charismatics, and look at the outcome.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you are missing my original point. Don't build your life around this stuff. In my opinion, MacArthur is a complete failure. He spent his whole life fighting against Pentecostals and Charismatics, and look at the outcome.

You aren't listening.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not like to debate, it makes me nervous.But if it's a topic I am passionate about, then I like to debate about it.
If you dont mind me asking, what makes you nervous? I feel bad about debate if it ends in strife. That can make me a bit nervous i guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here is some definitions in one of the forums at CF,..

Definition of discussion:
The act of talking about something with another person or a group of people; a conversation about something; giving information, ideas, opinions, etc., about something. An exchange of views on some topic. Seeking to understand each other's point of view.

Definition of debate:
A contention by words or arguments. To argue about the opposing sides of some subject. Debate is trying to convince another person that you are right, and they are wrong.
Interesting. Thank you.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Me too, assuming you mean not the easy going more enjoyable debates but the heated ones where you feel you are discussing something so important it warrants the heat.

Then we would have to ask ourselves, are those "feelings" telling us something, or is that just the price we pay for doing what we should?
I ask myself that question.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you dont mind me asking, what makes you nervous? I feel bad about debate if it ends in strife. That can make me a bit nervous i guess.
Its mainly when a person starts to ask a bunch of questions,it comes off as confrontational to me.Some people in debates start to attack on a personal level if they run out of things to say,so I usually choose to stay out of debates.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When it's done respectfully it can help us define and clarify our beliefs. The apostles did a lot of debating presumably. A lot of the NT is composed as argument intended to persuade. We all need to learn how to argue graciously. The goal doesn't have to prove the opponent wrong but only to prove your own point reasonable.
Seems like a fine line to walk, and difficult one, at least for me.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whats this have to do with the topic? :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its mainly when a person starts to ask a bunch of questions,it comes off as confrontational to me.Some people in debates start to attack on a personal level if they run out of things to say,so I usually choose to stay out of debates.
Yes, getting personal is wrong. You are wise to stay out of them i think.

Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Whats this have to do with the topic? :sorry:

That was a slight detour in response to a good post Mr Kirk made,..

RDKirk said:
Having spent 30 years in these online debates and having watched the same subjects contested over and over and over and over again, I fully agree.

At the end of one's life, what has been the payoff?

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you. Im not seeing what Mr. MacArthur has to do with this topic.

I guess I'm forced to ask the obvious, did you actually read that section of the thread I posted to you?

This is an issue with debate also in this section and elsewhere. When a person doesn't actually read a thread, but jumps in wherever to comment on something that a person said, or ask questions that then makes them appear uninformed.

Upvote 0