Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you find intelligence intimidating?

No.

...but I find intelligence attractive.

I don't recall ever finding intelligence by itself to be attractive.

Intelligence used/expressed in certain ways is attractive.

I don't know about "attractive", but when a person uses his/her intelligence to help solve social problems, fight injustices, help people, etc. it is very impressive.

A person may have a lot of knowledge and intellectual ability that is conducive to interesting, stimulating conversation, but that does not necessarily make his/her company rewarding. My experience has been that one can learn a lot from--and have interesting conversation with--the least-educated and least-intelligent people. And it has been my experience that one will feel very little connection with and learn very little from a highly-educated, highly-intelligent person who does not relate to you on your level.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Now let's dive a little deeper here: Is calling an intelligent person arrogant just a reaction to being wrong all the time? :cool:

Well IMO, not all intelligent people are arrogant, so maybe I'm not understanding your "dive" :cool:. When I think someone is being arrogant it's because they have a "know it all" attitude and tend to talk down, or talk in a condescending tone to people. I never think I am wrong all the time, but I am open to differing opinions and views and love to talk to people with differing views to see why they came to believe this way or that way. In other words, having intelligent conversations. And I also never try to change peoples opinions, but if they ask for mine I will gladly give it and usually they don't end up changing mine either, and especially if they are "arrogant" about it LOL.

Upvote 0