Do you expect the Ark of the Covenant to be found?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Q1: Is the Ark of the Covenant connected to any unfulfilled prophecies, if not, the ark is not needed.

Q2: If Israel builds a new temple and puts the original ark in the sanctuary, can the Antichrist enter the sanctuary where the ark is. I would think the ark would prevent the Antichrist from fulfilling several prophecies.

Just conjecture on my part.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting thoughts.
Of course, you are entitled to your own interpretation here. I'm not looking to argue but would like to share how I see the "it is finished" statement by Jesus. The testimony of Jesus Christ IS the spirit of prophecy. God doesn't speak as man speaks. He speaks in prophetic form. "It is finished" is a prophecy about when He delivers the kingdom to the Father, which gets fulfilled here:

Rev 21:5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” 6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
May you consider a bit more detailed interpretation? Are " living waters" the same as " fountain of water"? Both are life giving spiritually? And what is " life giving"? His Holy Spirit. What is finished is the tearing of the temple veil from top to bottom, exposing the Holy of Holies, ending temple sacrifice and the order of Priests. It is finished because it has no effect. The Kingdom of God is open to all who believe and are regenerated by His Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Freth

Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟372,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The Ark of the Covenant was never in the Second Temple. [Herods]
It was taken out of the first Temple, [Solomons] and hidden by Jeremiah, before the Babylonian conquest, in 586 BC.

Thank you for the correction. Not sure how I missed that one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freth

Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟372,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You both made a statement I would like to understand. I do understand that the Temple was a copy, or symbolic of, things in heaven. But specifically, the Ark, is there a scripture about it being a copy of something in heaven? It doesn't seem to make sense given the Ark of the Covenant contained the covenant with Israel for the earth. Are you suggesting there is another Ark in heaven with another covenant? Not sure I follow your thoughts. Please explain. Thanks.

John calls it the ark of His testament, or covenant, as some translations call it:

Revelation 11:19 describes the ark seen in heaven, "And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament [covenant]: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail."​

According to Exodus 25:16, Moses put God's testimony (covenant) inside the ark.

The covenants in heaven and on earth would be one and the same. If the temple, the furniture and the ark matched the one in heaven, then the covenant matches.

God dictated the exact specifications of the ark to Moses (Exodus 25), which would seem to indicate (note: speculation) that an original ark existed in heaven first, and that God was relaying the heavenly ark's exact dimensions and appearance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You both made a statement I would like to understand. I do understand that the Temple was a copy, or symbolic of, things in heaven. But specifically, the Ark, is there a scripture about it being a copy of something in heaven? It doesn't seem to make sense given the Ark of the Covenant contained the covenant with Israel for the earth. Are you suggesting there is another Ark in heaven with another covenant? Not sure I follow your thoughts. Please explain. Thanks.

Interestingly, Revelation 11:19 mentions the ark as being in heaven: “Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.”

This verse has led some to speculate that the ark was taken up to heaven to be preserved there. But the ark that John sees in his vision of heaven is probably not the same ark that Moses constructed. We know that the articles in the tabernacle were “copies of the heavenly things” (Hebrews 9:23) and that the sanctuary itself was but “a copy and shadow of what is in heaven” (Hebrews 8:5).

Revelation 11 deals with the sounding of the seventh trumpet, which ushers in a final round of judgments upon the earth. John’s glimpse of the ark is probably meant as a reminder that God has not forgotten His people, that He is present with them, and that true worship will soon be restored.

Hope this answers your query.

Shalom Aleichem

Maranatha

• Friendly
Reactions: Acts29
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For those who think God’s holy law, the Ten Commandments was nailed to the cross or no longer applicable I would seriously rethink that. Revelation 22:14-15

It was nailed to the cross and Christians have died to the law of Moses - the law was given to carnal and unregenerate people, and still applies today to unsaved, carnal and unregenerate people - but Christians are regenerated and Gods spirit dwells within us - so the old carnal law does not apply to us, per Paul in many scriptures.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It was nailed to the cross and Christians have died to the law of Moses - the law was given to carnal and unregenerate people, and still applies today to unsaved, carnal and unregenerate people - but Christians are regenerated and Gods spirit dwells within us - so the old carnal law does not apply to us, per Paul in many scriptures.
God’s Ten Commandments is not nailed to the cross and if you think you can break one of them you might want to listen to the very words of Jesus Matthew 5:19. Sin is the transgression of God’s laws 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7, Romans 3:20 And if you sin willfully after receiving the knowledge of truth, we have this warning Hebrews 10:26

John 14:15, 1 John 5:3, John 15:10, Revelation 12:17 Revelation 14:12 Revelation 22:14-15 are clear indicators God’s laws are a requirement for Christian living and is a fruit of our faith.

God has an ark of the covenant in Heaven, so I am going with the will of God which is not different for us in Heaven as it is on this earth.

Psalms 40:8 I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.

• Winner
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One thing I know, is that the ark of the covenant on earth, was a copy of the one in heaven, just as the 1st and 2nd temples were copies of the temple in heaven.

Thus the earthly copy is not what appears in heaven.

Absolutely Correct.

Of course, the ark is ultimately symbolic of Jesus Christ

Rather the Ark is the Vessle that housed the Covenant. Jesus IS the Covenant itself, not the Ark that carried Him.

What (or who) is the Ark that Carried Jesus? Revelation tells us Exactly who she is, in perfect sequence:

Revelation 11:19 through Revelation 12:1-2,5

11:19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.
12:1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth....5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.

The male Child who rules all nations is Jesus Christ, the Flesh and Blood that is the New Covenant, and the Ark of that covenant, that was seen in heaven, is the very Woman who Bore Him, as scripture testifies.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 11 deals with the sounding of the seventh trumpet, which ushers in a final round of judgments upon the earth. John’s glimpse of the ark is probably meant as a reminder that God has not forgotten His people, that He is present with them, and that true worship will soon be restored.
True. After man changed Gods holy day that was predicted in scripture Daniel 7:25 when Jesus comes back we will be worshipping Him on the day God commanded us to Exodus 20:8-11 God’s true holy day Isaiah 58:13 for eternity Isaiah 66:23. God’s will for us is not different in heaven than it is on earth so we should worship Him now in truth and Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a word in The bible which speaks to me about both Jesus Christ and also the ark of the covenant. It says something like, "In my heart, I have hidden thy word" I believe that the Fathers word was hidden in Jesus's heart, but also in the ark of the covenant. We are also to hid His word in our hearts, for the simple reason that He is our example and we are to follow Him and copy His example!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟56,259.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Q1: Is the Ark of the Covenant connected to any unfulfilled prophecies, if not, the ark is not needed.

Q2: If Israel builds a new temple and puts the original ark in the sanctuary, can the Antichrist enter the sanctuary where the ark is. I would think the ark would prevent the Antichrist from fulfilling several prophecies.

I don't see how the presence, or lack thereof, of the ark would have any bearing on it. It never prevented Israel's enemies from looting the Temple and it certainly didn't prevent Antiochus IV from placing an idol in the temple and sacrificing a pig on the Altar of Incense.

Its hard to say. Bible prophecy says that the Jews will rebuild the Temple and worship as it was in OT times and that the antichrist will defile it similarly as Antiochus IV did. I could be wrong, but I don't think this is possible without the original Ark of the Covenant.

Upvote 0

Acts29

Oct 24, 2021
Tennessee
✟23,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Besides the ones listed in the OP, Jeremiah 3 and Amos 9.

Jeremiah 3:16 “Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days,” says the Lord, “that they will say no more, ‘The ark of the covenant of the Lord.’ It shall not come to mind, nor shall they remember it, nor shall they visit it, nor shall it be made anymore.

The first 20 chapters of Jeremiah are a very severe rebuke to Israel after their falling away toward the end of the tribulation. Many don't understand how eternity works and think God speaks thru His prophets primarily to the people of that day. So I didn't use this in the OP since most assume this is about history.
Toward the end of Jacob's trouble, they will "no more say 'The Ark of the Covenant.'" This implies they had been saying it in the days before this falling away.

Amos 9:1 LXX I saw Yehovah standing on the altar: and He said, “Strike the mercy-seat, and the porch shall be shaken: and cut through into the heads of all; and I will slay the remnant of them with the sword: no one of them fleeing shall escape, and no one of them striving to save himself shall be delivered.

The mercy seat sits on top of the Ark, which will be struck in the day of His visitation. Then sudden destruction will come upon them. This is the day that the covenant will be broken, and Jesus will take the Ark to heaven until they repent. That is how the Ark gets to heaven before the 7th Trumpet, by the way.
Most of the modern manuscripts use a different word here from the LXX, so I didn't use this either in the OP.

Good thinking. I partially covered this above. Jesus will come and catch Israel worshipping idols in the day of visitation. (Moses coming down from Horeb and catching Aaron et al worshipping the golden calf and then Moses smashing the 10 commandments/covenant was the sign for this day) Jesus will then break the covenant with Israel and take the Ark to heaven with Him. Then the man of sin destroys them and the Temple. Not one stone will be left upon another. So, the Ark will not be there when the man of sin enters the Holy of Holies.

Upvote 0

Acts29

Oct 24, 2021
Tennessee
✟23,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see how the presence, or lack thereof, of the ark would have any bearing on it. It never prevented Israel's enemies from looting the Temple and it certainly didn't prevent Antiochus IV from placing an idol in the temple and sacrificing a pig on the Altar of Incense.

Its hard to say. Bible prophecy says that the Jews will rebuild the Temple and worship as it was in OT times and that the antichrist will defile it similarly as Antiochus IV did. I could be wrong, but I don't think this is possible without the original Ark of the Covenant.

Note: Jeremiah removed the Ark prior to the first Temple being destroyed, so it was never in the second Temple 400 years later when Antiochus came, or later, the Romans.

I do think the Ark will have to be found in order to build the third Temple. So, I agree with you there.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The key of David has been given to you. Now people, rejoice, for I will restore and the ark of the covenant shall bring my presence, my glory, and my power back again to the earth!

I answered Yes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2 Maccabees 2:4-8 It is recorded that, in obedience to a divine command, Jeremiah the prophet gave orders for the Tent of Meeting and the Ark of the Covenant to come with him to the mountain, from the top of which Moses looked over the Promised Land. [Mt Nebo – in present day Jordan] Arriving at the mountain, Jeremiah found a cave dwelling into which he carried the Tent, the Ark and the Altar of incense; he then blocked up the entrance. Some of his companions went to mark out the way, but were unable to find it. Jeremiah learnt of this and took them to task. This place is to remain unknown, he said: until God finally gathers His people together and shows them His favor.
The Lord will then bring these things to light once more and His glory will appear together with the cloud – as it was revealed in the time of Moses and also when Solomon prayed that the Temple be consecrated.

2 Maccabees 1:27-29 Bring together those of our people who are dispersed, set free those who are enslaved among the heathen, look favourably on those who are despised and detested; so that the heathen will know that You are our God.

Punish with torments our arrogant and insolent oppressors and as promised by Moses, plant Your people in Your Holy Land.

1 Maccabees 2:49-64 The speech of Mattathias:
Arrogance now stands secure and gives judgement against us, these are days of calamity and raging fury. Now, my people, be zealous for the Law and, if necessary, give your lives for the covenant God made with your forefathers. If you keep in mind the deeds that they did in their generations, then great glory and everlasting fame will be yours. Abraham proved faithful under trial, and won credit as a righteous man. Joseph kept God’s commandments and he became the overlord of Egypt. Joshua kept the Law; he became a judge in Israel. Caleb bore witness before the people and his reward was a share in the Land. David was a man of loyalty and he was granted the throne of an everlasting kingdom. Daniel was a man of integrity; he was rescued from the lion’s jaws.

So, bear in mind how, in the history of the generations, no one who trusts in God ever lack strength. Do not fear a wicked man’s strength- his success will turn to filth and worms. Today, he may be high in honor, but tomorrow, not a trace of him will be found – he will have returned to the dust and his schemes will have come to nothing.

But you, my people, draw your courage and strength from the Law, for through it glory will be yours.
Reference: Revised English Bible - Apocrypha

When God’s people, every faithful Christian, are gathered into the Promised Land- that is after it has been cleared and cleansed by the Lord’s Day of vengeance at the Sixth Seal judgement, then they will rebuild the Temple. Zechariah 6:15
How amazing it will be to place the Ark in it and see the glory of God there. Ezekiel 43:1-4
The 12,000 missionaries from each tribe will be dedicated there and sent out to teach the Good news of the coming Kingdom of God to the nations.

After all that must happen, from Revelation 6:12 to the end of the Bible, the Lord Jesus will Return and commence His Millennium reign.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We read at the 7th Trumpet in Revelation; the Ark will be in His Temple in heaven. Since the Ark gets to heaven at some point, is it reasonable to think it will be found here on earth first? Anyway, I just found these things interesting, so I share them with you all.

Yes, I do. The reason is simple, #1 Israel is largely secular. If you are a jew you cant reinstitute blood sin offering WITHOUT IT. If there is no mercy seat, then the ritual is pointless (no mercy seat.) #2 Its discovery would be undeniable proof of Israel's right to be in the land and would cause a HUGE swell of support for building the temple.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

What do you think the Abomination of desolation is???? It's sacrificing something unclean that will defile the Holy of Holies. That is what Antiochus IV Epiphanes did between 175-164 BC during his conquests

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟414,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon captured the city of Jersualem and raided the temple and brought the loot to Babylon. However, there is no record of ark being taken to Babylon. I believe that Jeremiah, who was a prophet at that time, predicted the fall of Jersualem to Babylon, and right before Babylonians came to break through the city wall after 2 years siege, achieved the great feat of hiding the Ark of the Covenant in his burial site - a place that in the future would be the site where Jesus would be put on the cross above it! Hope you know why the water and blood that flow from the side of Christ down into the crack that hold his cross after the earthquake so Christ could anoint his blood on the very ark of the covenant below. In this sense, Christ has confirmed a covenant with His blood, per Hebrew 9 and Daniel 9:27.

Where is that man-made ark of the covenant today? Well, God no longer has a use for it anymore now that the anointing has occurred and it is still sitting in there today. You can read about it with a man named Ron Wyatt in youtube or google.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I do. The reason is simple, #1 Israel is largely secular.

Not only that, but no one there can demonstrate ANY relationship to a single pre desolation Hebrew person. Not even one.
#2 Its discovery would be undeniable proof of Israel's right to be in the land
Considering my first point, how would such a discovery be proof of THOSE PEOPLE'S right to be in the land?
Unless your claim is that ANYONE who merely asserts to be counted as Israel, regardless of their inability to PROVE any relationship to Biblical Israel (besides geography), gets to claim such a right?

Upvote 0