Do you ever get tired of fat salaried pastors telling everyone else how they should 'serve' for free

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Filling in for a sermon is not the same as leading a church.

Granted, didn't imply that is was. As stated I'm not ordained and evangelism is so much easier that leading a church. However when one becomes involved with a church and the church politics it is easy to see things others don't. I do believe a good pastor should be paid as any professional. Actually our pastors are paid less than a secular professional in our area. The average here is between 100k and 120k where upper level management here ranges from 150 to 200 so actually our pastors are underpaid.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Granted, didn't imply that is was. As stated I'm not ordained and evangelism is so much easier that leading a church. However when one becomes involved with a church and the church politics it is easy to see things others don't. I do believe a good pastor should be paid as any professional. Actually our pastors are paid less than a secular professional in our area. The average here is between 100k and 120k where upper level management here ranges from 150 to 200 so actually our pastors are underpaid.
I would agree with that. The op however, strongly implies that most pastors are lazy bums who don't know as much about scripture as him.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I would agree with that. The op however, strongly implies that most pastors are lazy bums who don't know as much about scripture as him.
There also the assumption that he has spies out quite a few pastors and knows exactly what their schedules are.

Upvote 0