Do you ever feel like no one really loves you?

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...with the exception of God.

That people love based on the perceived return value and consequently don't really love at all?

Yes I realize this is very cynical. I confess it is an idea I have trouble escaping.

No. One of the many benefits of aspergers, I suppose. Wondering about that never even crosses my mind, probably because I simply don't care if they do or not.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That people love based on the perceived return value and consequently don't really love at all?

Yes I realize this is very cynical. I confess it is an idea I have trouble escaping.

I used to, but not anymore. God really loves me and my kids and my parents. I've got evidence for it.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Messy, I love that. I've got evidence of God's love for me, too. :clap:

UF, what you're noticing is the lack of "agape" love from brethren. The problem, I'm afraid, is that we don't have the kind of love we really need to love one another. It's a special kind of love that can only come from God, through us, to others. It's that agape love. It's selfless, no-strings, uncompromising, and patient. It's a love that requires no thanks in return.

When you see it in people, it's beautiful because it's God. We need more of that in the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Unforgettable Fire

May 29, 2008
✟11,155.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate all the replies. This has been a big issue with me for a long while. Trying to come to terms with the differences between man's kind of love and God's kind of love.

Honestly this is something I don't handle well at all. I also see selfishness in my own love and realizing just how selfish my own love is; it is disconcerting to say the least. When I have an awareness of God's love though that agape love does show up.

Thanks again for the replies.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

I grew up in a very dysfunctional home where I thought my mother cared more about taking care of us bc it would look bad if she didn't. I didn't know what love was until I had my own daughter. (Father was a wife-beating pedophile. Both parents were drinkers… and thats only the beginning.)
Today many years later, those times are so far away… I have a loving husband of 40 years. A beautiful daughter, who lives next door to me and 2 sisters who live next door in another house. I am blessed beyond measure, but none of this would have been possible if I had not forgiven everyone for all the traumatic years… only in forgiving did I learn how much the Lord had for me and there were greta lessons to be learned from my struggles.
Pain s a good teacher if you let it be the lord way and don't fight it… let it flow over you and you can get past it… I spent too many years trying to avoid pain. When I finally learned to go with it…. then the Lord brought wonderful healing…
I always feel loved today…. sometimes I feel a little guilty bc things are so good but I know its the Lord and I have to just accept the gifts He has given me and be grateful… it would be ungrateful to feel bad for His wonderful gifts to me… :prayer: I thank God continually for His mercy, andrea

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

I'm Charismatic with a flavoring of MJism....why would I feel unloved? LOL :pink:

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I think it is very hard these days. People are so busy and there are all these very quick forms of electronic communication that are taking the place of face-to-face meeting and phone conversations.

I think many people feel overwhelmed with all they need to do in their day to day lives and we do not have time, nor do we make time to really stay in touch, so I can see why you feel the way that you do.

I've noticed that it does seem to be a less loving time. People seem divided over many issues at least that is how it has been in my family. It is hard.

When you find good friends, stay in touch. Do your part and then you have to give it to God. Quality is much better than quantity. Look for those who are loving, they are out there. Pray that God puts the type of people that will edify you and be there for you in your life. Pray that you find so much love that your heart overflows. I will be praying for you too! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

I'm Charismatic with a flavoring of MJism....why would I feel unloved? LOL :pink:

You should not feel unloved but awesomely loved. Even if your theology is wrong …LOL :D. When I became a Christian, all things Jewish became interesting to me. They pointed to my Jesus. Jesus was never anything but Jewish, He was not a Christian. He ate, danced and followed the Jewish laws.

The hatred for the Jewish people is bc they have been God's people and we who have been grafted in should be grateful to those who nurtured our Messiah.

Besides I love the MJ music… Paul Wilbur is one of my favorites.

God bless, andrea

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,647.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums