Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've been interested in journaling ever since I came across some videos on YouTube about keeping a journal, types of journals and ideas of what to put in a journal. On my birthday I was given a lovely notebook that has a beautiful flowery design on the front and decided to use it as a journal.

image.jpeg

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I journal some days, but keep my document password encrypted on a flash drive. It's good typing practice, and I enjoy keeping one. I use the LibreOffice writer program to work on it, and keep it private. My handwriting is kind of messy, so I type instead.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I journal some days, but keep my document password encrypted on a flash drive. It's good typing practice, and I enjoy keeping one. I use the LibreOffice writer program to work on it, and keep it private. My handwriting is kind of messy, so I type instead.
Oh what happened to good, old fashioned handwriting in this computer document age... :)

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I journal a lot, though it's tapered off recently, and have for years. It can be a really healthy practice and if you go back you can see how you've grown and changed over the years. It can be a great encouragement to see how you've grown in your walk with the Lord as well.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I journal a lot, though it's tapered off recently, and have for years. It can be a really healthy practice and if you go back you can see how you've grown and changed over the years. It can be a great encouragement to see how you've grown in your walk with the Lord as well.
I think 1 Samuel 7.12: Ebenezer: 'Hitherto hath the LORD helped us', is a good guide and outlook when we look back...

Upvote 0

FreakOnALeash

Feb 28, 2016
Uk
✟7,814.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I keep a dream diary, I find that more interesting, dreams are always so far away from the reality everyone wakes up in, plus remembering your dreaming life means you keep more memories from both worlds you exist in your entire life, the physical world and the dream world, so essentially you start remembering more of your life because lots of people just quickly forget their dreams..... The dream diary is good as well for keeping track on how often you are lucid dreaming or when you astral project, etc,

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I keep a journal, and write and "color" in it, so to speak hahaaaa....i also have dried leaves and dried flowers in it, and i puts other things in it...like a 1917 penny i found with a bunch o' other ones.....

by the way, that's a beautiful journal, Winter_Rose....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bananagator

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Nov 20, 2013
✟14,432.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have a journal (diary?) that I've sporadically written in since the 2nd grade. And by that I mean I sometimes go months between entries hahaha.
I'm in my fourth year of college now so it's pretty cool to go back and see the things I wrote when I was like 8. I think the best part is watching my handwriting change over time ^_^

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Oh what happened to good, old fashioned handwriting in this computer document age... :)

I still enjoy writing by hand. I like to use notebooks for my stories. I quite like the pukka pad ones as you can remove the pages easily and keep them in tact.

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Cool. Do you touch type? Or do you like to take your time with typing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I keep a journal, and write and "color" in it, so to speak hahaaaa....i also have dried leaves and dried flowers in it, and i puts other things in it...like a 1917 penny i found with a bunch o' other ones.....

by the way, that's beautiful journal, Winter_Rose....

Thank you. What a lovely idea for a journal. What are your favourite things that you've put in it so far?

Upvote 0

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cool. Do you touch type? Or do you like to take your time with typing?

I am able to touch type, and can type at a decent speed. Need to get comfortable with these new style of keyboards though, that come on modern laptops. My journal goes back to 2005.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you. What a lovely idea for a journal. What are your favourite things that you've put in it so far?

i put pictures, event tickets, memorabilia, guitar picks, my fav'rite color of purple paint that i was gonna paint the inside of a closet with, etc....

journals are like my side-kick of thoughts and how i sort things out, etc. I uses a lot of these sometimes ----> "?!" hahaaaa

like the time my cat got near a box that had a lot of that little round white shipping stuff and it was stickin' to her...

it was hilarious :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I keep a dream diary, I find that more interesting, dreams are always so far away from the reality everyone wakes up in, plus remembering your dreaming life means you keep more memories from both worlds you exist in your entire life, the physical world and the dream world, so essentially you start remembering more of your life because lots of people just quickly forget their dreams..... The dream diary is good as well for keeping track on how often you are lucid dreaming or when you astral project, etc,

Did you find it easy at first?

Upvote 0