Do you collect anything garden/flower related??

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I collect a lot of different things but as far as this category is concerned I collect flower vases and pottery. Old Seed packets and displays. Hubby collects old gardening tools on up to those old push mowers. He wants to build a little garden cottage and decorate with them. I keep a certain group of vases in my laundry room which is pictured below. With Spring upon us, I’m gearing up for flowers, veggies and fruits. These things are hopeful reminders of the days to come! :)

4379EB97-F832-4011-9F31-72E5A6EBDB95.jpeg
A0C882EA-098B-465C-8E3A-877F18AABFFA.jpeg
820E1BCE-8D38-4190-953F-E691EAA7141E.jpeg

Reactions: bèlla

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I collect a lot of different things but as far as this category is concerned I collect flower vases and pottery. Old Seed packets and displays. Hubby collects old gardening tools on up to those old push mowers. He wants to build a little garden cottage and decorate with them. I keep a certain group of vases in my laundry room which is pictured below. With Spring upon us, I’m gearing up for flowers, veggies and fruits. These things are hopeful reminders of the days to come! :)
JS: I collected milk thistle seeds to plant this spring so as to draw in manarch butterflies .

View attachment 296924 View attachment 296925 View attachment 296926

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There all the same color! Is that celadon glaze on your pottery?

we don’t garden much anymore, just enjoying what I did in the past. But my wife collects special roses. When she gets some she will tie a few together and dry them upside down. They make a nice show of themselves around the house.

another interesting part of our backyard is that some of the native plants are coming back here and there. We had a lot of brush to feed the deer and they hid and fawned there. We had little babies hiding while there mother’s crossed streets and watered in the lake.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There all the same color! Is that celadon glaze on your pottery?

we don’t garden much anymore, just enjoying what I did in the past. But my wife collects special roses. When she gets some she will tie a few together and dry them upside down. They make a nice show of themselves around the house.

another interesting part of our backyard is that some of the native plants are coming back here and there. We had a lot of brush to feed the deer and they hid and fawned there. We had little babies hiding while there mother’s crossed streets and watered in the lake.
I’m partial to greens so I pick up pottery when I see it in that shade. It’s old stuff. Mostly McCoy and Weller pottery. We are looking forward to the fawns this year too! :)

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very nice. I can see the quality in it from somewhat long ago. Where do you find these heavier..., more elegant things that you like? What about stoneware and contemporary potters. That celadon glaze has an artists touch too.

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very nice. I can see the quality in it from somewhat long ago. Where do you find these heavier..., more elegant things that you like? What about stoneware and contemporary potters. That celadon glaze has an artists touch too.
I just collect antique and vintage ones. I just like that they have history to them and the colors they used are rarely used anymore. This latest one was found at a barn sale. All the others I’ve found have pretty much been the same. Estate sales, etc. I always get so happy when I find one! Lol

• Friendly
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New addition to my gardening collection today from the arts and antiques show I attended. A very old Burpees seed shipping box. I need to clean it but I though you fellow gardeners would enjoy seeing it as found. :)

8AF2F722-C286-4850-A58D-183B437A5431.jpeg
06A218CB-2211-445D-8609-93D002A93C8F.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums