Do You Belong To A Church?

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Do you belong to a church?

Not me! No Way! No How!

Why would I want to belong to a church? When I already belong to my King and Saviour Jesus Christ. :clap:

Now I might not belong to a church, but I do go to church so I can worship and praise the King of Kings and Lord of Lords along with all my brothers and sisters in Christ :)

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ironic.
I can't make friends at church to save my life. Why do you think I came to this website? I needed some fellowship. Shaking hands and saying "Good morning" wasn't enough I guess.
If I have a church family, then this place is it. I've made priceless friendships here. I can call people brother and sister here because I mean it.

With all that said, I do believe it is important to go to church.

Upvote 0

coolhandluke

*a princess*
Jun 26, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟8,509.00
Faith
Calvinist
Yes, I belong to a church. It's a great church. I love so many people there. My pastor is amazing. He's just an awesome guy. I've gotten to know several of the adults there over the last few years, and they're great people. Very godly, I respect them like nobody's business, and I totally know I could go to them for help with anything. Some of the youth are really solid. Not all of them, but some of them. More than at any other church I've ever been to. They're great friends too. My church rocks. And yes, I belong to it...I'm a member.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
The beauty of belonging to Jesus, is that when we belong to him, we all become members of the same family. We do not belong to the church, or to each other. We are the church, we are all made one, united together through Jesus Christ our King and Mighty Saviour.

For what purpose should we attend church? I hope you don't say to draw closer to God. We should be doing this every single day at home.

I also hope you wont say it's so God will hear and answer your prayers. The church is not Gods hearing aid. God does not need a hearing aid. He hears our prayers no matter where we are. You can lock yourself up in a soundproof room, and God will still hear your prayers.

We should be going to church in order to bring Blessings, Glory, and Honour to our King. We do this through worship, praise, and prayer. We should also be going in order to edify, strengthen, comfort, and uphold one another through His Word, and prayer.

Heavenly Father,
Teach us what it means to be part of the church, instead of just simply belonging to one. For the only one we truly belong to is you.

Thank you Lord, In the name of your son Jesus we pray. :pray: Amen!

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I belong to a church, but for many years, I didn't and I can tell you that after a while it's a tough go without the love and support of other Christians who know, accept and support you. My growth and service has shot-up astonimically since I joined. I can't imagine where I would be if I stubbornly resisted God's call to be part of a regular body of Believers!

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 03:18 PM GraftMeIn said this in Post #11

The beauty of belonging to Jesus, is that when we belong to him, we all become members of the same family. We do not belong to the church, or to each other. We are the church, we are all made one, united together through Jesus Christ our King and Mighty Saviour.

For what purpose should we attend church? I hope you don't say to draw closer to God. We should be doing this every single day at home.

I also hope you wont say it's so God will hear and answer your prayers. The church is not Gods hearing aid. God does not need a hearing aid. He hears our prayers no matter where we are. You can lock yourself up in a soundproof room, and God will still hear your prayers.

We should be going to church in order to bring Blessings, Glory, and Honour to our King. We do this through worship, praise, and prayer. We should also be going in order to edify, strengthen, comfort, and uphold one another through His Word, and prayer.

Heavenly Father,
Teach us what it means to be part of the church, instead of just simply belonging to one. For the only one we truly belong to is you.

I am so glad tonight that I am a part of the living, breathing, vital, Blood bought, Redeemed, and Sactified Church of the Living God. As you have so aptly explained the Church is not a building or denomination or congregation, but rather the born again Family of God.

Father, I stand in agreement with the above prayer and ask that You also help us to see the Vision You have for the Church.

Upvote 0

girlscoutdropout

scroll button 1, 2, 1, 2!
Oct 23, 2002
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟8,356.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i'm not a member of any church. when i was about 16, i left the catholic chruch in search of something more. i've been church hoping ever since, from baptist, to free chruch, to maranatha, and so on and so forth. now that i'm at college, i go to the chruch i'm closest to on sunday morning. most of the time it's wooded hills bible church. however, i'm not a "member"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

straightforward

Mar 13, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This has been an issue for me for a long time. I didn't think I needed a church. Then we went to a Calvary Chapel church and it really helped me grow soooooo much. Unfortunatly it's an hour away! We decided to find a church in our community so we could become more involved and our kids could have a youth group closer to home. We found one (Evangelical Free Church) but for one reason or another we don't make it there. I've found the enemy really can put alot of things in the way...makes me pretty sure it's important to go.

Upvote 0

Bruno

happy puppy
Dec 6, 2002
MD, USA
Visit site
✟8,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
24th March 2003 at 04:18 PM GraftMeIn said this in Post #11

Heavenly Father,

Very well put, GraftMeIn!  Thankyou Lord for everything you do for us, and you do sooo much!!!

Upvote 0