DO YOU BELIEVE , WHAT IS CALLED " THE RAPTURE ?

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Make sense in whose economy. . .yours or God's?
I guess we're playing dodge ball now?

"Grand scheme of things"
would clearly imply God's "ECONOMY".
The written code was cancelled because it is now written on the hearts of NT believers.
Which is it? It can't be both.
Faith in Jesus Christ is now the entrance into relationship with God, not law-keeping.
We don't keep the law as a 'work' or means to Salvation. We keep it out of love for God.

The Holy Spirit doesn't come to us UNLESS we keep it as we see clearly in John 14:21-23. And when He comes to us, He enables and empowers us to keep it. The 10 Commandments, that is.
Have you missed those crossroads at the intersection of Faith in Jesus Christ and Law-keeping for entering into a saving relationship with God?
Oh, you poor soul. You are so undernourished in your modern churchian teachings.

Even Paul kept the Law (10 Commandments)
Acts 21:24
Jesus kept the Law (10 Commandments)
John 15:10
Jesus' followers kept the Law (10 Commandments)
Luke 23:54-56
We are taught to keep the Law by John.
1 John 2:6

Humbly rethink all that you have been taught. Sadly, it is all lies and deception.

Lies and deception, my child.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That passage refers to the handwriting of ordinances.

Those specifically dealt with sacrificial ordinances, they were not the 10 Commandments.
The sacrificial ordinances were "not against them and stood opposed to them."
The Mosaic law and its curse (Dt 27:26) stood against them, and which was cancelled.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The sacrificial ordinances were "not against them and stood opposed to them."
The Mosaic law and its curse (Dt 27:26) stood against them, and which was cancelled.
I'm so glad you asked.

Yes, there are plenty of verses that declare the 10 Commandments to be anything but opposed to mankind.

Sad that I even have to post them as it is really common sense.

Do you even know the 10 Commandments? Are you familiar with them at all?

The first 4 are how God desires we love HIM.
The last 6 are how He desires we love our fellow man.

Anything but against us.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess we're playing dodge ball now?

"Grand scheme of things" would clearly imply God's "ECONOMY".
It makes perfect sense in God's economy.
Which is it? It can't be both.
It's not both. . .it was written on tablets of stone. . .now it is written on hearts of flesh.
We don't keep the law as a 'work' or means to Salvation.
Agreed. . .salvation is by faith, not by works (Eph 2:8-9).
We keep it out of love for God.
The Holy Spirit doesn't come to us UNLESS we keep it as we see clearly in John 14:21-23.
Jesus is not referring to the Decalogue there. He said his commands; e.g., Jn 15:12, 17, etc.
Oh, you poor soul. You are so undernourished in your modern churchian teachings.
Are you sure about that?
Even Paul kept the Law (10 Commandments) Acts 21:24
"Even Paul" said he was not under the Mosaic law (1 Co 9:20), but under Christ's law (1 Co 9:21).
Jesus kept the Law (10 Commandments)
John 15:10
Of course, he did.
He lived under the Old Mosaic Covenant, and he came to fulfill it, in order to qualify as the perfect sacrifice.
Jesus' followers kept the Law (10 Commandments)
Luke 23:54-56
Of course they did. . .Jesus had neither risen nor ascended.

And what's more, so did Moses, Joshua and the OT saints.
We are taught to keep the law by John 1 John 2:6
Yes, the law written on our hearts is a means of sanctification, but it is not a means of salvation (Eph 2:8-9).
Humbly rethink all that you have been taught. Sadly, it is all lies and deception.

Lies and deception, my child.
My last remark is lies and deception?
I don't think so. . .methinks the pot is calling the kettle black.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does not mean what YOU believe it means.

You believe that Jesus is saying He is not good here:

"Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone."
Mark 10:18

But you're wrong about this as well because look what He says here:

"I am the Good Shepherd: the Good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep."
John 10:11

You're taking ONE verse out of context and trying to sell it as a proof text for a claim that does not hold any water when the Bible is taken as a whole. Oldest trick in the trickster's book.

Why do you not want to stick to Genesis 17 if you believe "It does not mean what YOU believe it means."?

If you believe God's promise to Abraham there was conditional, show me the scripture in Genesis 17.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm so glad you asked.

Yes, there are plenty of verses that declare the 10 Commandments to be anything but opposed to mankind.
You did not deal with my statement.

Take it up with NT apostolic teaching . .your disagreement is with Col 2:14.
Sad that I even have to post them as it is really common sense.
Do you even know the 10 Commandments? Are you familiar with them at all?
The first 4 are how God desires we love HIM.
The last 6 are how He desires we love our fellow man.
Anything but against us.
Take it up with NT aposotlic teaching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's not both. . .it was written on tablets of stone. . .now it is written on hearts of flesh.
It is either cancelled or it is written on our hearts for us to keep via the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is not referring to the Decalogue there. He said his commands; e.g., Jn 15:12, 17, etc.
Two verses prior to your posted verse He calls them His Father's Commands. John 15:10
Jesus is God. His Commandments are the Father's Commandments. Loving God is the first 4 Commandments. Loving your neighbor is the last 6.

FAIL
Are you sure about that?
Yes.
"Even Paul" said he was not under the Mosaic law (1 Co 9:20), but under Christ's law (1 Co 9:21).
Being under the Law and obeying the 10 Commandments are not the same thing as modern mainstream churchianity would have you believe.
Of course, he did.
He lived under the Old Mosaic Covenant, and he came to fulfill it, in order to qualify as the perfect sacrifice.
Nope. He couldn't teach, and obey, Laws that He would later expect His followers to completely disregard at His death. His ministry was only 3 years before He died; that is a very short time. The 10 Commandments are God's Law, they are not the 613 Laws of Ordinances.

Jesus taught the 10 Commandments, and obeyed all of them, He even said that the Pharisees and scribes teach them, but do not obey them and told His followers to do as they say, not as they do. Matthew 23:1-3. He taught exactly what He expected all His followers til the end of time to obey.

It is literally laughable to claim that Jesus spent 3 years teaching and being a living example of exactly what He intended His followers to completely disregard as soon as He was gone.

FAIL

Your stated beliefs are all over the place and all contradict each other constantly.

The game you are actually playing right now is not 'Present what I believe to be True about God and the Bible.'

The game you are playing is 'Deny any and all that this individual presents as Truth, no matter how often I contradict myself.'

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And let's add one more thing to your misunderstanding:

Love is the fulfillment of the law.

The Decalogue "and whatever other commandment there may be are fulfilled in one rule: Love your neighbor as yourself." (Ro 13:8-10)

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Love is the fulfillment of the law.

The Decalogue "and whatever other commandment there may be are fulfilled in one rule: Love your neighbor as yourself." (Ro 13:8-10)
No.

The first 4 Commandments have absolutely nothing to do with loving one's neighbor. Ironically, it is the opposite.

All the 10 Commandments can be summed up in 'Loving God.'

As Jesus Himself tells us that when we give to the poor and unfortunate, we are giving to HIM.

But do you know what is even more ironic? What is literally mind-blowing when it is laid out as I am about to lay it out here for all to see?

Brace yourself as your entire Christian paradigm is about to be picked apart piece by piece.

Do you realize that there is really only ONE Commandment that you have a personal problem with? Are you even aware of that?

You know which one I am speaking of and it needs not be specified yet. Because the more weighty point is that, as a Christian, you believe and teach that Christians should NOT obey the 10 Commandments. That this is works salvation, that this is called being under the Law, that this is living as a Jew and that the Commandments were done away with at the Cross, and all that complete nonsense - while simultaneously you actually adhere to NINE of the 10 your own self. All modern mainstream Christians do.

Did you even realize that? Do you know the word for what that makes you?

You literally have no problem at all with:
1. Not having other gods
2. Not worshiping demons
3. Not taking God's Name in vain
5. Honoring your father and mother
6. Not murdering
7. Not adultering
8. Not stealing
9. Not bearing false witness
10. Not coveting

ALL those Commandments you keep daily as moral imperatives and as Christian tenets, AND you expect all professed Christians to do so as well. But you rail against the concept of, and even belittle Christians for, keeping the 10 Commandments when there is only ONE Commandment you just cannot have.

The Sabbath Commandment. That's it.

The day right before the day you currently worship and you think of it, and treat it, like a satanic holiday.

The Truth of the matter is that it's the day God blessed forever and Christians, like yourself, have been completely fooled into living as utter hypocrites in their beliefs and practices before God Almighty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ohhh, I know you plenty well.

You're not that unique.

You can tell a lot about a person by what they say online and all the details you maintain that I cannot possibly know about your personal life are really inconsequential for all intents and purposes.

You believe Jesus is God.

Bravo.

You are much further ahead of the modern christian curve than you may realize.
I guess you're just a legend in your own lifetime then. ;)

I never said anything about you knowing the details of my life. You didn't know I believe that Jesus is God which is fundamental to Christian belief so don't flatter yourself. You know less than you think.

You have a nice day :)

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture disagrees with you (Col 2:14).
The Law wasn't nailed to the Cross any more than the law goes on trial in a murder case. It was the offences held against us under the law that was nailed to the Cross ie. our sin.

• Agree
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess you're just a legend in your own lifetime then. ;)
Nope. Quite the opposite.

Just like I like it.

God Almighty is my hero. Not me.

I'm just a lowly messenger.
You didn't know I believe that Jesus is God which is fundamental to Christian belief so don't flatter yourself.
I can't know how familiar you are with the many Christian Forums there are online, but apparently you'd be surprised how corrupt many of them are. There is a huge push right now to teach the heresy that Jesus is not God. It is literally the common belief/teaching on some Christian sites and if you question it, you will be banned.

I agree it is fundamental to a True Christian's beliefs. What you may not realize is there are a great number of wolves out there impersonating Christians, especially online, in order to teach profoundly blasphemous heresies.

Remember I told you about it because you will come across it soon enough.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No.

The first 4 Commandments have absolutely nothing to do with loving one's neighbor. Ironically, it is the opposite.
So you reject NT authoritative apostolic teaching of Ro 13:8-10. . .

FAIL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you reject NT authoritative apostolic teaching of Ro 13:8-10. . .

FAIL
It's ok that we have to go over these things multiple times.

That's what it takes for those who reject the Truth. Maybe God opens their eyes to it, maybe He doesn't.

So here they are again. The first 4 Commandments.

1. Not having other gods
2. Not worshiping demons
4. Remember the Sabbath

Now, let's talk about which of these involves loving your neighbor.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's ok that we have to go over these things multiple times.
Does not address Ro 13: 8-10. . .

FAIL
That's what it takes for those who reject the Truth. Maybe God opens their eyes to it, maybe He doesn't.

So here they are again. The first 4 Commandments.

1. Not having other gods
2. Not worshiping demons
4. Remember the Sabbath

Now, let's talk about which of these involves loving your neighbor.
Ro 13:8-10?

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does not address Ro 13: 8-10. . .

FAIL

Ro 13:8-10
?
And so you yourself pointed out that the 10 Commandments had conditions and you were correct. Now that I have proven that all Christians today are to obey the 10 Commandments, or else they would be living in sin which the Bible makes clear is the breaking of the 10 Commandments (1 John 3:4), that brings us to the fact that those Christians who live outside of the Commandments are breaking that very covenant with God.

You see, if you live in sin, you cannot be saved. The Bible is clear.

If you do not have Jesus Christ to be your propitiation for your sins, you will die in your sins.

Living in willful sin is living apart from Jesus Christ, as He taught and obeyed all the 10 Commandments. (John 15:10)

To BE a Christian, you must live as Jesus lived. (1 John 2:6)

If you do not obey God's 10 Commandments, and you do not believe that Jesus Christ is God, you will die in your sins. (John 8:24)

Understand?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And so you yourself pointed out that the 10 Commandments had conditions and you were correct. Now that I have proven that all Christians today are to obey the 10 Commandments, or else they would be living in sin which the Bible makes clear is the breaking of the 10 Commandments (1 John 3:4), that brings us to the fact that those Christians who live outside of the Commandments are breaking that very covenant with God.

You see, if you live in sin, you cannot be saved. The Bible is clear.
The Bible is likewise clear that love is the fulfillment of the law "and whatever other commandment there may be." (Ro 13:8-10).

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible is likewise clear that love is the fulfillment of the law "and whatever other commandment there may be." (Ro 13:8-10).
We don't individually define Biblical terms like love. The Bible defines them.

And when Jesus says love God and love thy neighbor, the proper question that follows is "How?"

"How, God, do you expect us to love You and love our neighbor?"

"What is Your standard for loving You and others?"

And God has answered that question very explicitly in the 10 Commandments engraved into stone as an unmistakable gesture of their Eternal significance.

The first 4 Commandments are God's answer as to just how to love Him.

The last 6 are how to love our neighbor.

Upvote 0