DO YOU BELIEVE , WHAT IS CALLED " THE RAPTURE ?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What conditions did God give with the 10 Commandments.
We see them stated (Dt 27:17-19) at the covenant's renewal (Dt 29), after 40 years of waiting to go into the land.
What conditions did God give with the 10 Commandments?

I'm not sure if you disagree with the modern position that the promised land is NOT entirely possessed currently by Israel, or if you are just unaware.
Heb 11:13-16 explains the meaning of the "everlasting possession" (Ge 17:8, 48:4) as heavenly land, not earthly land.
The earthly land was not promised forever.
The land promise to Israel has been fulfilled (Jos 23:14, 21:43.
Hmm. :D You are very silly.
I don't have to demonstrate anything to you ... and I couldn't care less if you examine it or not.
Moses lost his promise of entering the Promised Land ... whether it appeals to your stubborn sensibilities or not.

Read the Bible for yourself.
Moses was tasked with leading them to the promised land.
He had no promise to "enter the land."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We see them stated (Dt 27:17-19) at the covenant's renewal (Dt 29), after 40 years of waiting to go into the land.
Yes, and who did God intend those Commandments for?
Moses was tasked with leading them to the promised land.
He had no promise to "enter the land."
"God has given us many promises and assurances in his Word. However, the Bible is an "if" book. God's promises and assurances are conditional. Scripture must be compared with other Scriptures to understand fully God's promises. In one passage, Jesus tell us "If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it" (John 14:14)."
God's promises are sometimes conditional.

Got Questions says:
"Moses’ punishment for disobedience, pride, and the misrepresentation of Christ’s sacrifice was steep; he was barred from entering the Promised Land (Numbers 20:12)."
Why was Moses not allowed to enter the Promised Land? | GotQuestions.org

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sure would help if you could demonstrate where that is in the Scriptures.
I can demonstrate this:

AdmiredSevereBluejay-size_restricted.gif

Was this helpful?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, and who did God intend those Commandments for?
I give up. . .who?
"God has given us many promises and assurances in his Word. However, the Bible is an "if" book. God's promises and assurances are conditional. Scripture must be compared with other Scriptures to understand fully God's promises. In one passage, Jesus tell us "If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it" (John 14:14)."
God's promises are sometimes conditional.

Got Questions says:
"Moses’ punishment for disobedience, pride, and the misrepresentation of Christ’s sacrifice was steep; he was barred from entering the Promised Land (Numbers 20:12)."
Why was Moses not allowed to enter the Promised Land? | GotQuestions.org
Is that in disagreement with my statement?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To all those who would ever come to believe in Him, love Him and follow His Ways.
Deuteronomy 29:14-15

That includes all Christians today, and through the end of time.
That includes no such thing, it includes only those who couldn't make it to the ceremony at the time.

The Mosaic covenant was temporarily added (Gal 3:19; Ro 5:20) to the Abrahamic covenant, and is now obsolete (Heb 8:13).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That includes no such thing, it includes only those who couldn't make it to the ceremony at the time.
Oh and you forgot the strangers that were among them.

OOPS!

Better go back and read those verses again.

It is literally laughable to think that you are making the case that there were people who "couldn't make it to the ceremony" that day. It was GOD ALMIGHTY .... SPEAKING OUT LOUD to all of Israel.

You seriously believe there were those who called-in sick?
The Mosaic covenant was temporarily added (Gal 3:19; Ro 5:20) to the Abrahamic covenant, and is now obsolete (Heb 8:13).
My goodness.

The hits just keep on coming with you.

Right so the temporary covenant was spoken aloud by God ... written in stone .... by the very finger of God Almighty .... twice;

... while the much more important, and lasting laws, were not preserved on anything but some papyrus and by word of mouth.

Uh-huh.

OK THEN.

More modern mainstream churchian ignorance.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No I don't and no idea why you would say that.

Just face the facts. You got it wrong, suck it up and move on mate. :)
WOW, no, I'm actually impressed.

Your kind is usually gallivanting around claiming Jesus is not God, but only the son of God, in one way or another.

Nice.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh and you forgot the strangers that were among them.
OOPS!
Better go back and read those verses again.
It is literally laughable to think that you are making the case that there were people who "couldn't make it to the ceremony" that day. It was GOD ALMIGHTY .... SPEAKING OUT LOUD to all of Israel.
You seriously believe there were those who called-in sick?
And you know for Biblical fact no one was too infirmed, old or giving birth and could not make it?
My goodness.The hits just keep on coming with you
Right so the temporary covenant was spoken aloud by God ... written in stone .... by the very finger of God Almighty .... twice;
... while the much more important, and lasting laws, were not preserved on anything but some papyrus and by word of mouth.
Uh-huh.
OK THEN.
We're in the New Covenant (Lk 22:20; 1Co 11:25) now.
You might consider reading Heb 8, in particular, v.13.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And you know for Biblical fact no one was too infirmed, old or giving birth and could not make it?
Does it make any sense at all, in the grand scheme of things, that God would give the 10 Commandments solely to a race of people that He knew good and well would reject Him in the flesh a thousand years later?

The Bible tells us that those Commandments are put into our hearts when we are given the Holy Spirit. Was the Holy Spirit cancelled at the Cross too?

At some point, you have to admit that your current theology doesn't align with the Bible at all.

When an honest person discovers they are mistaken, they either cease being mistaken ... or they cease being honest.

Seems you will come to a crossroads someday soon.

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WOW, no, I'm actually impressed.

Your kind is usually gallivanting around claiming Jesus is not God, but only the son of God, in one way or another.

Nice.
Huh??? "My kind"

This is our first conversation. I don't know you from Adam and you don't know me. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to put people in boxes. Just a thought. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does it make any sense at all, in the grand scheme of things, that God would give the 10 Commandments solely to a race of people that He knew good and well would reject Him in the flesh a thousand years later?
Make sense in whose economy. . .yours or God's?
The Bible tells us that those Commandments are put into our hearts when we are given the Holy Spirit. Was the Holy Spirit cancelled at the Cross too?
The written code was cancelled because it is now written on the hearts of NT believers.

Faith in Jesus Christ is now the entrance into relationship with God, not law-keeping.
At some point, you have to admit that your current theology doesn't align with the Bible at all.

When an honest person discovers they are mistaken, they either cease being mistaken ... or they cease being honest.

Seems you will come to a crossroads someday soon.
Have you missed those crossroads at the intersection of Faith in Jesus Christ and Law-keeping for entering into a saving relationship with God?

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The written code was cancelled because it is now written on the hearts of NT believers.
Not cancelled, fulfilled. Christ fulfilled the Law and we fulfill the Law by grace through faith in Him. His Law is written on our hearts as we trust Him.

Matthew 5:17
“Don’t even begin to think that I have come to do away with the Law and the Prophets. I haven’t come to do away with them but to fulfill them.

Reactions: Think...
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Huh??? "My kind"

This is our first conversation. I don't know you from Adam and you don't know me. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to put people in boxes. Just a thought. ;)
Ohhh, I know you plenty well.

You're not that unique.

You can tell a lot about a person by what they say online and all the details you maintain that I cannot possibly know about your personal life are really inconsequential for all intents and purposes.

You believe Jesus is God.

Bravo.

You are much further ahead of the modern christian curve than you may realize.

Upvote 0