DO YOU BELIEVE , WHAT IS CALLED " THE RAPTURE ?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We don't individually define Biblical terms like love. The Bible defines them.

And when Jesus says love God and love thy neighbor, the proper question that follows is "How?"
And the proper answer is written on your heart, as promised in the New and Better Covenant (Heb 8:7-13).

You don't need to consult an OT code, for the answer written on your heart demands so much more--to love your neighbor as yourself; i.e., be as committed to his well-being as you are to your own, to doing for him what he cannot do for himself. . .which is ever so much more than the written code requires.

Love is the fulfillment of the law "and whatever other commandment there may be." (Ro 13:8-10)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And the proper answer is written on your heart, as promised in the New and Better Covenant (Heb 8:7-13).
That's correct and what is written is the 10 Commandments.
You don't need to consult an OT code, for the answer written on your heart demands so much more--to love your neighbor as yourself; i.e., be as committed to his well-being as you are to your own, to doing for him what he cannot do for himself. . .which is ever so much more than the written code requires.
No mam, that is your own personal definition.

That is found nowhere in the Bible.

Not saying it's necessarily an incorrect explanation, but God's answer to the question of How do we love Him and others is given as the 10 Commandments.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's correct and what is written is the 10 Commandments.

No mam, that is your own personal definition.

That is found nowhere in the Bible.
It is precisely in the Bible. . .that is the meaning of "as oneself."
Not saying it's necessarily an incorrect explanation, but God's answer to the question of How do we love Him and others is given as the 10 Commandments.
Not according to NT apostolic teaching (Ro 13:8-10) for the NT Christian. . .love of neighbor as oneself demands much more than the code requires.

"As oneself" means to be as committed to your neighbor's well being as you are to your own, or it is not "as oneself."

Why do you resist this clear New Covenant teaching?

(You shoulda' let sleeping dogs lie.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, you're confused again.
"As oneself" means to be as committed to your neighbor's well being as you are to your own, or it is not "as oneself."
And you are assuming, in quite a juvenile way, that every single person has a universal dedication to their well-being.

That's why we simply must seek definition from Scripture on these matters.

An addict would pump their neighbor full of toxic substances with the understanding that they were making them happy. Happy = healthy, right? Not so much.

A glutton would feed their neighbor to the point of very serious health issues with the understanding that they were caring for them and making them happy. Happy = healthy?

A spiritually blind individual would brainwash their neighbor to believe things about God and the Bible that were so far from True that their chances of Salvation would be impossible with the understanding that they were taking profound care of them. Something akin to the heresy you are teaching here today.

The blind lead the blind into a ditch.
Matthew 15:14
images

I don't spend my time in ditches. I just broadcast Truth down into the crowds that fill them as I pass by.

Very few crawl up and out of them. :cry:

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, you're confused again.
And you are assuming, in quite a juvenile way, that every single person has a universal dedication to their well-being.
That's why we simply must seek definition from Scripture on these matters.
An addict would pump their neighbor full of toxic substances with the understanding that they were making them happy. Happy = healthy, right? Not so much.
Christians are addicts now?
A glutton would feed their neighbor to the point of very serious health issues with the understanding that they were caring for them and making them happy. Happy = healthy?
Christians are gluttons now?
A spiritually blind individual would brainwash their neighbor to believe things about God and the Bible that were so far from True that their chances of Salvation would be impossible with the understanding that they were taking profound care of them. Something akin to the heresy you are teaching here today.

Christians are spiriutally blind now?
I don't spend my time in ditches. I just broadcast Truth down into the crowds that fill them as I pass by.
Very few crawl up and out of them. :cry:
"Interesting" view of Christians. . .not to mention Christian love of neighbor as self. . .some would call it beneath juvenile. . .
looks anti- to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christians are addicts now?

Christians are gluttons now?

Christians are spiriutally blind now?
No, they have been for some time. Professed Christians anyway who follow the lead of you and others who claim they are all sinners.
"Interesting" view of Christians. . .some would call it juvenile. . .or even anti?
Others would call it accurate.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not according to NT apostolic teaching (Ro 13:8-10) for the NT Christian. . .love of neighbor as oneself demands much more than the code requires.

Why do you resist this clear New Covenant teaching?

(You shoulda' let sleeping dogs lie.)
And where is the B O C called a NT CHRISTIANS , will you PLEASE give a n verse as I missed that verse .

Is Paul preaching NEW CONVENANT teaching and another , That I missed !!

Here is another miss for me , in Rom 13:8 , for the one , loving the other ( the ) HAS FULFILLED ( THE ) Law , SO what LAW is it talking about and what does it mean ? The words THE in brackets were added and are not in the Greek text .

It equivalent is in Gal 6:2 that says to FULFILL the Law of Christ .

The verse in Rom 13:8 is not speaking about the LAW of MOSES .

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And where is the B O C called a NT CHRISTIANS , will you PLEASE give a n verse as I missed that verse .
An amazing question and assertion. . .above my paygrade.
Is Paul preaching NEW CONVENANT teaching and another , That I missed !!

Here is another miss for me , in Rom 13:8 , for the one , loving the other ( the ) HAS FULFILLED ( THE ) Law , SO what LAW is it talking about and what does it mean ? The words THE in brackets were added and are not in the Greek text .

The verse in Rom 13:8 is not speaking about the LAW of MOSES .
An amazing assertion.

Perhaps you could demonstrate your assertion by exegeting
Ro 13:8-10.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, they have been for some time. Professed Christians anyway who follow the lead of you and others who claim they are all sinners.

Others would call it accurate.
They speech doth betray thee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did ask you THAT I did not see what verse says in verse 8 HAS for the one loving the other ( ONE ) HAS FULFILLED ( THE ) law ,s that means the Law of Moses or does it means what Gal 6:2 THE LAW of Christ , so help me out , here ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did ask you THAT I did not see what verse says in verse 8 HAS for the one loving the other ( ONE ) HAS FULFILLED ( THE ) law ,s that means the Law of Moses or does it means what Gal 6:2 THE LAW of Christ , so help me out , here ?

dan p
It means the Mosaic commandments.

Ro 13:8-10 shows that the commandments in question are the Mosaic commandments, that the ones listed there, "and whatever other commandment there may be" are fulfilled in the one rule: love your neighbor as yourself.

And loving someone as yourself means being committed to your neighbor's well-being as you are committed to your own well-being, doing for them what they cannot do for themselves.

And then, both "the body of Christ" and "Christians" are those who believe in Christ, making the two groups the same.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Christians" are those who believe in Christ
No.

Christians are those who follow Christ's Ways. He is the Way and the Truth and the Life.

Even the demons believe in Christ. They are most certainly not Christians.

Belief alone is NOT enough.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No.

Christians are those who follow Christ's Ways.
You can "follow Christ's ways" as a great teacher, but that is not Christian faith, and it does not save.

Saving faith believes in and trusts on the atoning sacrifice (blood, Ro 3:25) of Jesus Christ for the remission of one's sin and right standing with God's justice; i.e., declared "not guilty," a forensic sentence of acquittal (justification).
He is the Way and the Truth and the Life.

Even the demons believe in Christ. They are most certainly not Christians.

Belief alone is NOT enough.
When I use "belief," I am referring to saving faith, not just intellectual assent.

And in salvation, it is faith alone that saves (Eph 2:8-9), one's necessary works of obedience do not remit sin and save from eternal damnation.
The necessary works of faith operate to sanctification, to growth in holiness, not to salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It means the Mosaic commandments.

Ro 13:8-10 shows that the commandments in question are the Mosaic commandments, that the ones listed there, "and whatever other commandment there may be" are fulfilled in the one rule: love your neighbor as yourself.

And loving someone as yourself means being committed to your neighbor's well-being as you are committed to your own well-being, doing for them what they cannot do for themselves.

And then, both "the body of Christ" and "Christians" are those who believe in Christ, making the two groups the same.
Then that means that Paul preached the NEW COVENANT , I missed that one also , so write a verse where Paul the KINGDOM MESSAGE ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then that means that Paul preached the NEW COVENANT , I missed that one also , so write a verse where Paul the KINGDOM MESSAGE ?

dan p
The kingdom message and the gospel message are one and the same in NT apostolic teaching.

The gospel message is that the never-ending kingdom (Lk 1:33) is here (Mt 12:28),
it is spiritual--invisible and within (Lk 17:20-21) the hearts where Jesus reigns and rules.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The kingdom message and the gospel message are one and the same in NT apostolic teaching.

The gospel message is that the never-ending kingdom (Lk 1:33) is here (Mt 12:28),
it is spiritual--invisible and within (Lk 17:20-21) the hearts where Jesus reigns and rules.
And when does Jesus reigns and RULES ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And when does Jesus reigns and RULES ?

dan p
Jesus reigns and rules in the hearts of those who love and obey him.

His kingdom is spiritual, invisible (Lk 17:20-21), in human hearts, where
God's law (Ro 13:9-10) has now been written, and governs (Heb 10:10).

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus reigns and rules in the hearts of those who love and obey him.

His kingdom is spiritual, invisible (Lk 17:20-21), in human hearts, where
God's law (Ro 13:9-10) has now been written, and governs (Heb 10:10).
And when does Jesus reign and rule in out hearts as 1 Thess 1:1 says we are IN GOD TH FATHER and 2 Thess 1:1 says the same thing .

And in Gal 2:20 says that , BUT CHRIST LIVETH IN ME .

Then in 1 Cor 3:16 says that the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD DEWLLETH IN YOU .

dna p

Upvote 0