DO YOU BELIEVE , WHAT IS CALLED " THE RAPTURE ?

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe in the rapture.
I believe that Christ is coming back for the BODY OF CHRIST and since there is NOT a Greek word for RAPTURE I use the Greek in 2 Thess 2:1 PAROUSIA / COMING back in 1 Thess 4:17 and meet Christ in the CLOUDS for a MEETING of the Lord into the AIR , and so we will at all times be with the Lord .

Gal 1:4 speaks of Christ coming back for us .

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that Christ is coming back for the BODY OF CHRIST and since there is NOT a Greek word for RAPTURE
Actually, there is a Greek word for "catching (seizing) up" (rapture) in the clouds of 1Th 4:17.

It is harpazo, which translated into the Latin in rapturo, which translated into the English is rapture.
I use the Greek in 2 Thess 2:1 PAROUSIA / COMING back in 1 Thess 4:17 and meet Christ in the CLOUDS for a MEETING of the Lord into the AIR , and so we will at all times be with the Lord .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

harpazo_woohoo

Dec 4, 2022
Dundee
✟17,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, there is a Greek word for "catching (seizing) up" (rapture) in the clouds of 1Th 4:17.

It is harpazo, which translated into the Latin in rapturo, which translated into the English is rapture.
Harpazo woohoo!

• Love
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Harpazo woohoo!
Harpazo woohoo!
I have looked in VINE;S GREEK DICTIONARY and also in STRIONG;S and yet to see the word RAPTURE

1 Thess 4;17 uses the Greek word HARPAZO and can be translated , Catch UP 4times , TAKE BY FORCE 3 TIMES , PLUCK 1 TIME , PULL 1 TIME .

In Gal 1:4 it uses the Greek word DELIVER / EXAIREO and is an AORIST TENSE , MIDDLE VOICE , and in the SUBJUCATIVE MOOD ( G 1807 ) uses DELIVER 5 times , PLUCK OUT , 2 TIMES , RESCUE , DRAW OUT , and ROOT OUT '

But have yet to see the GREEK Rapture in VINE'S or in STRONGS , if you have found it , please give me page number .

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have looked in VINE;S GREEK DICTIONARY and also in STRIONG;S and yet to see the word RAPTURE

1 Thess 4;17 uses the Greek word HARPAZO and can be translated , Catch UP 4times , TAKE BY FORCE 3 TIMES , PLUCK 1 TIME , PULL 1 TIME .

In Gal 1:4 it uses the Greek word DELIVER / EXAIREO and is an AORIST TENSE , MIDDLE VOICE , and in the SUBJUCATIVE MOOD ( G 1807 ) uses DELIVER 5 times , PLUCK OUT , 2 TIMES , RESCUE , DRAW OUT , and ROOT OUT '

But have yet to see the GREEK Rapture in VINE'S or in STRONGS , if you have found it , please give me page number .

dan p
See post #202.

"Rapture" is not translated out of the Greek, but out of the Latin (rapturo). . .which was translated out of the Greek (harpazo).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe that Christ is coming back for the BODY OF CHRIST and since there is NOT a Greek word for RAPTURE I use the Greek in 2 Thess 2:1 PAROUSIA / COMING back in 1 Thess 4:17 and meet Christ in the CLOUDS for a MEETING of the Lord into the AIR , and so we will at all times be with the Lord .

dan p
Hello @Dan Perez,

We are told in Colossians 3:3-4:-

'For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.'

This is the hope of the Church which is His Body.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dan Perez,

We are told in Colossians 3:3-4:-
'For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.'

(Col 3:3-4)

This is the hope of the Church which is His Body.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I would , like for you to explain to people like me , where you say , who was the FIRST to be placed into the B O C and where did the B O C BEGAN ?

And where the MYSTERY first written ?

Would like your input !!

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would, like for you to explain to people like me, where you say, who was the FIRST to be placed into the B O C and where did the B O C BEGAN ?

And where the MYSTERY first written ?

Would like your input !!

dan p
Hello @Dan Perez,

The revelation concerning the Church which is the Body of Christ (the MYSTERY) was given to Paul, exclusively: who as the Lord's steward, administered it, by means of one to one dialogue, during prison visits, and by means of the epistles, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy and Titus. (* Roman's being foundational, especially 5:12-8:39)

* The Body of Christ came into being following Acts 28, and it's revelation to Paul.
See Acts 20, and the record of the meeting between Paul and the Ephesian Elders, in which Paul gives a resume of his ministry to them, in which no mention of the truth concerning the Mystery is mentioned, yet Paul says that he had withheld no truth from them (Acts 20:27 KJV). In order to say that, truthfully, he could not himself have received this further truth, at that time

* We know that Paul himself heard and believed this truth, and therefore identified himself with that company, and that Timothy also heard this truth from Paul, and kept that 'good deposit'; but we also know that all in Asia forsook Paul, and presumably also his message. So I do not know who entered into and became part of this company, Dan.

Hope this answers your question.
Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dan Perez,

The revelation concerning the Church which is the Body of Christ (the MYSTERY) was given to Paul, exclusively: who as the Lord's steward, administered it, by means of one to one dialogue, during prison visits, and by means of the epistles, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy and Titus. (* Roman's being foundational, especially 5:12-8:39)

* The Body of Christ came into being following Acts 28, and it's revelation to Paul.
See Acts 20, and the record of the meeting between Paul and the Ephesian Elders, in which Paul gives a resume of his ministry to them, in which no mention of the truth concerning the Mystery is mentioned, yet Paul says that he had withheld no truth from them (Acts 20:27 KJV). In order to say that, truthfully, he could not himself have received this further truth, at that time

* We know that Paul himself heard and believed this truth, and therefore identified himself with that company, and that Timothy also heard this truth from Paul, and kept that 'good deposit'; but we also know that all in Asia forsook Paul, and presumably also his message. So I do not know who entered into and became part of this company, Dan.

Hope this answers your question.
Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris
I also asked for you as an Acts 28 person that only hold to Eph. , Phil . , 1 and 2 Tim ., Titus , and Phil, where #1 How are people saved today .

#2 Where is a verse where the saved ENTER the B O C ?

#3 So you say that you do not know who ENTERED INTO ( B O C ) and became part of this company , how do they know IF they are saved ?

#4 How does anyone then know that they will be RESSURECTED if the 28 ER do not believe ROMANS or 1 Corinthians ?

What say you , as I am in the DARK concerning Acts 28?

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also asked for you as an Acts 28 person that only hold to Eph. , Phil . , 1 and 2 Tim ., Titus , and Phil, where #1 How are people saved today .

#2 Where is a verse where the saved ENTER the B O C ?

#3 So you say that you do not know who ENTERED INTO ( B O C ) and became part of this company , how do they know IF they are saved ?

#4 How does anyone then know that they will be RESSURECTED if the 28 ER do not believe ROMANS or 1 Corinthians ?

What say you , as I am in the DARK concerning Acts 28?

dan p
Hello @Dan Perez,

As an Acts 28 dispensationalist, I believe that the letters written by Paul from prison at the end of his life contain the truth, divinely revealed to Him, for the church which is the Body of Christ. However, all Scripture is profitable to us, and should be read in it's entirety. Salvation and Resurrection are both subjects covered within the pages of Scripture and do not require any further input from me.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dan Perez,

As an Acts 28 dispensationalist, I believe that the letters written by Paul from prison at the end of his life contain the truth, divinely revealed to Him, for the church which is the Body of Christ. However, all Scripture is profitable to us, and should be read in it's entirety. Salvation and Resurrection are both subjects covered within the pages of Scripture and do not require any further input from me.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Is the B O C revealed in 1 Cor 12:13 as it says we are ONE / HEIS in one Spirit .

We are PLACED into ONE BODY / SOMA , as ONE means only ONE .

We are made to drink into ONE / HEIS into one SPIRIT .

Curious as to why all Act 28er , will only except Paul's prison letters , as being to THE B O C ??

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is the B O C revealed in 1 Cor 12:13 as it says we are ONE / HEIS in one Spirit .

We are PLACED into ONE BODY / SOMA , as ONE means only ONE .

We are made to drink into ONE / HEIS into one SPIRIT .

Curious as to why all Act 28er , will only except Paul's prison letters , as being to THE B O C ??

dan p
Hello @Dan Perez,

There is only One Body, as we are told specifically in Ephesians 4.

Paul was given the truth concerning the church which is the Body of Christ whilst in prison at Rome, by Divine revelation. He made known the truth He received to administer in the Epistles written following that revelation. It is not the subject of the epistles written prior to that, because it was not known. It was 'hid in God' (Ephesians 3:9).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dan Perez,

There is only One Body, as we are told specifically in Ephesians 4.

Paul was given the truth concerning the church which is the Body of Christ whilst in prison at Rome, by Divine revelation. He made known the truth He received to administer in the Epistles written following that revelation. It is not the subject of the epistles written prior to that, because it was not known. It was 'hid in God' (Ephesians 3:9).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
In your thinking , WHAT makes up the B O C , if we are all " in Christ " ??

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In your thinking , WHAT makes up the B O C , if we are all " in Christ " ??

dan p
Hello @Dan Perez,

The church which is the Body of Christ is explained upon the pages of Scripture, why should I be expected to do a better job. Search the Scriptures and seek God's understanding, for only He can give illumination.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dan Perez,

The church which is the Body of Christ is explained upon the pages of Scripture, why should I be expected to do a better job. Search the Scriptures and seek God's understanding, for only He can give illumination.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Just curious why you accept JUST part of Paul's letters as being to the body of Christ and the other letters are JUST a STEP CHILD ,

When reading Romans and 1 Corinthians and even LUKE 16:2 AND 4 use the Greek word DISPENSATION , and how do you handle these verses , just to know how you stand today and I am open to any question IF I can answer it OR will say I do not KNOW !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums