West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is some real ignorance of the UFO phenomenon being displayed on this thread, which is always the case when this topic surfaces on Christian forums.

To my knowledge, there is not a single serious researcher - and we are talking about people who have been intensely involved in the field since the Arnold sighting in 1947 - who believes that "alien technology" is an adequate explanation of the UFO phenomenon. The phenomenon, for multiple reasons, simply does not fit that explanation, period. The Extraterrestrial Hypothesis (ETH) is passé, for good reason.

Could there be technological aspects? Sure - that could be true even if the phenomenon were largely demonic. Could the seeming technological aspects be a "mask" disguising what the phenomenon really is? Sure - many serious researchers believe that. Are some of the sightings military technology? Of course, but not the phenomenon as a whole.

The evidence is why the explanations have become increasingly exotic - ultra-terrestrials, interdimensional interactions, psychological manifestations and - yes - the demonic. No, no one at this point can "prove" a demonic explanation, but it would fit much of the evidence and is taken seriously by people who are not religious fanatics and who don't necessarily agree as to what "demonic" might mean.

• Agree
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is something that GOD has to reveal to an individual Christian if they are open to seeing it. I believe what gets in the way is people's love for Science Fiction like Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.; I know. I used to be caught in that kind of junk before.

I'm not a fan of Star Trek or Star Wars or other science fiction myself.

Upvote 0

AvisG

Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2019
West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@AvisG

Do you still watch secular Science Fiction films, or read Science Fiction novels, comics, etc.?
It's not one of my favorite genres. I have never read SF novels or comics with any enthusiasm, but certainly classics like 2001, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Solaris (Russian version) and other SF films are on my watch list.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a fan of Star Trek or Star Wars or other science fiction myself.

That is good. It will leave less room for you to be want to defend alien abductions and or UFO encounters as being alien in origin instead of demonic in origin. Perhaps you are new to the topic. I know in time, GOD will reveal the truth to you on this if you continue to follow Jesus. For me: I did not learn about this after the day I accepted Christ. It took time to learn about this over several years in serving the Lord. I can only pray the Lord reveals the same for you.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not one of my favorite genres. I have never read SF novels or comics with any enthusiasm, but certainly classics like 2001, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Solaris (Russian version) and other SF films are on my watch list.

Personally I cannot watch anything that promotes something that is a demonic deception or a lie. I also cannot watch secular movies in general because they usually promote some kind of sin of some kind. So I will not be watching these kind of films. I watch Christian films primarily; I also watch educational documentaries and clean family romance films (that are usually approved by the Christian website called dove.org). I was not always this way. I used to love the Marvel films, Star Trek, Star Wars, James Bond films, etc.; But the Lord talked to my heart one day about them and I put them away out of my life. 1 John 2 says love not the world, neither things in the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is good. It will leave less room for you to be want to defend alien abductions and or UFO encounters as being alien in origin instead of demonic in origin. Perhaps you are new to the topic. I know in time, GOD will reveal the truth to you on this if you continue to follow Jesus. For me: I did not learn about this after the day I accepted Christ. It took time to learn about this over several years in serving the Lord. I can only pray the Lord reveals the same for you.

I may not be a fan of science fiction per se, but I still don't believe that alien abductions and UFO encounters are demonic in nature. Both are unexplainable mysteries and I accept that. I don't go around looking for a demonic boogeyman to explain away something I don't understand right now. I also don't go around piously telling other Christians what I think God should reveal to them either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I may not be a fan of science fiction per say, but I still don't believe that alien abductions and UFO encounters are demonic in nature. Both are unexplainable mysteries and I accept that. I don't go around looking for a demonic boogeyman to explain away something I don't understand right now. I also don't go around piously telling other Christians what I think God should reveal to them either.

So you don't believe GOD reveals things to His followers?
Is it wrong to share my experience with others involving the Lord?
If so, I don't believe that is a kind view to have unless you can prove my experiences are not biblical. Most of my experiences with GOD usually uplift the message or words within the Bible. They are not visions, or dreams, attempting to add something new to His Word, etc.; But they are things that have happened in my life that uplift what His Word (the Holy Bible) already says.

In any event, may GOD bless you today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,161.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
With UFO's and alien abductions, you got nothin in the Bible that supports that notion and there are more bread crumbs pointing to the fact that they are demons and not anything that is good.
♪ a wheel within a wheel a turning, way in the middle of the air ♪

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,161.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The evidence is why the explanations have become increasingly exotic - ultra-terrestrials, interdimensional interactions, psychological manifestations and - yes - the demonic.
As technology and education increases so will the theories grow in description.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,161.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Could there be technological aspects? Sure - that could be true even if the phenomenon were largely demonic. Could the seeming technological aspects be a "mask" disguising what the phenomenon really is? Sure - many serious researchers believe that. Are some of the sightings military technology? Of course, but not the phenomenon as a whole.
All anyone need do these days is take a decent digital camera out at night and point it upwards, taking long exposures. The lower traffic and the satellite traffic have a distinctive marking as compared to the unexplainable such as the 'lights' which travel and execute right angles or those that appear out of nowhere like through a veil, and seemingly skip like a stone on water before settling into a steady path. Not to mention the blue and red lights that sometimes seem to encounter one another sometimes with the result of puffs of light like an explosion in one or the other before disappearing from sight. Anyone can go out and witness the same with a little patience. What they are... who cares.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
♪ a wheel within a wheel a turning, way in the middle of the air ♪

Right, the fact that angels and chariot and stuff can be seen with it is an indication that it is not your standard UFO sighting, but it is something different. For people can a throw frisbee up in the air and take a picture and call it a UFO, but it is not one. But if you really want to go there, this only proves that a wheel shaped thing with a chariot from Heaven is something that the enemy wants to try and duplicate in some way to mock the things of the LORD. But of course, you are free to believe as you wish.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How can that possibly distract from the gospel?

They can start to engross themselves with alien abductions, UFO sightings instead of focusing on Christ and the gospel. The Bible talks about how a person can fall away due to other reasons. UFO junk is yet another distraction away from GOD and the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As technology and education increases so will the theories grow in description.
As written (and usually ignored or not heard) "the wicked continue getting more and more wicked" ....

"the righteous continue getting more and more righteous" ....

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
^ This. The topic of this thread of attributing the unexplainable to demons reminds me of the old superstition that if someone sneezed then they must be possessed by a demon or an evil spirit.

Furthermore, it's something that religious people have done for centuries concerning practically ANYTHING they didn't understand, including many things that we now know were very natural phenomena, but science had yet advanced enough to be able to explain it, so of course demons were blamed (sometimes with awful consequences such as people being burned at the stake, etc.)

Nowadays, we think we know everything, have discovered everything there is to know about our world and the universe around us and that there is nothing new to figure out. In fact, our current knowledge could still be extremely primitive and these UFO's are perfectly natural phenomena in dimensions that we cannot see.

And since the purpose of the bible is to provide us with sufficient information for our salvation and NOT as a science textbook, it's not necessarily going to cover what does not pertain to human salvation, so would not include any possible relationships or plans God may or may not have with other beings, spiritual or otherwise.

But of course, "demons" is easier.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
They can start to engross themselves with alien abductions, UFO sightings instead of focusing on Christ and the gospel. The Bible talks about how a person can fall away due to other reasons. UFO junk is yet another distraction away from GOD and the Bible.

What you describe could be applied to ANYTHING that we do...our jobs, school, hobbies, etc. Posting to the internet? Seems everyone here in this thread including myself is guilty of distraction!

Upvote 0