Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If the devil appeared as a snake in the garden for Adam an Eve than yes. Apparitions and forms are from the devil. The rosary from the catholic is not of God, (The lady appearing 3 times). Mary could not have been in heaven because she died after Jesus died and rose again so she is still waiting for his second coming for her resurrection. Also I'm not saying you believe in the rosary I'm just using that one for an example. My pastor actually had a sermon about somthing similar to this. Somebody he knew I believe, his wife died and he came home from her funeral to see his wife standing in the kitchen even though she is dead and he turned around and called his friends to come see for their self and they each went into a corner of the house and prayed for God to rebuke it if it wasnt from him and a short while later it disappeared.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, He was tailor made for this world of humans. That does not mean there are not other life forms. Many mansions.

So there are multiple throne rooms that cater to each alien planet? Why not just have one throne room with multiple chairs for Jesus to sit in with multiple alien bodies. It sounds a bit confusing. It's why I am not buyin' what your sellin.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A topic like this is completely speculation. We cannot prove or disprove UFO (if we are talking about aliens) or even demons using UFOs.
Which is why some think they can safely spout demons because as of yet, they cannot be disproved. They just like to overlook that those who disagree cannot be disproved either. That is where deluding themselves comes in to fortify that belief..

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We cannot prove or disprove UFO (if we are talking about aliens) or even demons using UFOs.
Prove or disprove what ?

Unidentified simply means unidentified.

When they get identified, they are no long unidentified, are they ?

As long as there are unidentified flying objects in the sky, or space?, then there are ufos, by definition.

Whether they are God, from God, natural occurrences, good angels, bad angels, or manmade,
does it really matter ? Wait until they are identified.....

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Again, He was tailor made for this world of humans. That does not mean there are not other life forms. Many mansions.
ooops...... no need to speculate on things the world loves, that the enemy loves people to get distracted by.....

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's why I am not buyin' what your sellin.
You don't have to. After all some Christians find it hard to wrap their heads around the fact that God wants to save all mankind, not just Jews and Christians and sent the same saviour for all.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You don't have to. After all some Christians find it hard to wrap their heads around the fact that God wants to save all mankind, not just Jews and Christians and sent the same saviour for all.
Are you referring to the false teaching of universalism here ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If we knew what they were, they would not be "ufo", would they ?

Men , religious men, governments, corporations, have all practiced deceiving great numbers of people worldwide for decades or for centuries.

This will continue until Jesus Returns, right ?

Upvote 0

iamchance

Oct 22, 2019
Dallas
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prove or disprove what ?

Unidentified simply means unidentified.

When they get identified, they are no long unidentified, are they ?

As long as there are unidentified flying objects in the sky, or space?, then there are ufos, by definition.

Whether they are God, from God, natural occurrences, good angels, bad angels, or manmade,
does it really matter ? Wait until they are identified.....

What point are you trying to make? I simply said we cannot prove or disprove aliens/demons are using UFOs. If one day somebody proves it then... hoorah! The question of this entire post was, do we believe it? There's no proof whether we answer yes or no. People who believe in demons are using UFOs could be right, they could also be wrong. Where we currently are today, we can prove nothing to confirm which belief is correct. I just stated that I don't believe it, and that's okay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
If the devil appeared as a snake in the garden for Adam an Eve ....

The Jews never connected Satan to the serpent in the Garden of Eden. It was the second-century Christian martyr, Justin of Samaria, who was first to argue that Satan appeared as a serpent to tempt Adam and Eve to disobey God.

Upvote 0

AvisG

Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2019
West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, those who have encounters with aliens sometimes smell brimstone, just as those people who have ghost encounters sometimes smell brimstone. Brimstone is associated with hell in the Bible. That is just one coincidence. Another coincidence is that whenever somebody gets involved in the occult, they are more likely to have alien encounters or alien abductions. Another coincidence is that these aliens or UFO saucer phenomenon can be cast out in the name of Jesus Christ.
The somewhat commonly reported smell is ozone.

The "alien abduction" phenomenon is largely separate and distinct from the UFO phenomenon (not entirely, of course). I have likewise studied it intensively and don't believe it has anything whatsoever to do with "aliens" or "abductions" in any physical sense. It's a truly bizarre phenomenon, as well as field rife with frauds and charlatans, and I believe it could well have demonic aspects - or several demonic aspects.

The notion that these phenomena can be driven away by calling upon the name of Jesus is largely a pious fiction promoted by those who are of the "it's all demonic" mindset. Jan Markell of Olive Tree Ministries is a great promoter of this view, as well as of much misinformation. The "Jesus" claim is indeed made (and was made by some long before it became a meme), just as some Near Death Experiences fit neatly within fundamentalist Christian theology - but the vast majority don't.

I "liked" your post and appreciate it, but I believe these phenomena are part of our reality and are worthy of investigation with discernment. Without my involvement in afterlife phenomena (NDEs, psychical research, After-Death Communications), I'm not sure I would've remained a believer at all. Certainly, some of these areas have greatly strengthened my faith. I always warn others that there is a huge distinction between "studying" these subjects and becoming actively "involved" with them - sometimes in the sense of inviting them into one's life or actively seeking experiences (very, very dangerous), sometimes in the sense of allowing them to become a distracting obsession.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Jews never connected Satan to the serpent in the Garden of Eden. It was the second-century Christian martyr, Justin of Samaria, who was first to argue that Satan appeared as a serpent to tempt Adam and Eve to disobey God.
I think before the second century, the word describing it and Jesus identified "angel of light" as the enemy appearing to deceive people. The word might be similar, or not, to the word that means 'snake', but apparently it is as you say - it came differently than earlier, and not from the Jews nor from Jesus.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I think that has to do more with a lack of love. I have no problem with GOD saving both Jews and Gentiles because it shows He is loving by doing that. It is also what the Scriptures say, too. With UFO's and alien abductions, you got nothin in the Bible that supports that notion and there are more bread crumbs pointing to the fact that they are demons and not anything that is good. We are not told: "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" (2 Corinthians 10:5). Not sure how this works with UFO seekers. I will chase after Christ, but a UFO lover can chase after UFO's if they want. Christ satisfies. Alien encounters do not.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I don't necessarily believe that most UFO's *are* UFO's, I do find it very plausible that earth isn't the only planet that has developed intelligent life. Everything currently unexplainable doesn't need to be attributed to demons.

^ This. The topic of this thread of attributing the unexplainable to demons reminds me of the old superstition that if someone sneezed then they must be possessed by a demon or an evil spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AvisG

Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2019
West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everyday life is far more distracting. Turn on the news and it's obsession with politics. Talk about distraction. It is of the world not the Kingdom. But it seems some think it is more convenient to blame the distinctive rather than the obvious.
Politics, Twitter, Facebook and golf can certainly become major distractions - so can Internet forums such as this! But you're underestimating the occult aspects of UFOs and some paranormal phenomena, as well as the obsession and near-religion they can become for those who become too deeply involved. I don't doubt that there can be demonic influences when anyone allows even something like Facebook to take over his or her life, but UFOs and other paranormal phenomena are in a different category. The concern is whether they are, at their very core, demonic.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The somewhat commonly reported smell is ozone.

Sulfur is not something you smell when you smell the air outside normally. It is a distinct smell. Sulfur and brimstone is something that is associated with hell in the Bible.

You said:
The "alien abduction" phenomenon is largely separate and distinct from the UFO phenomenon (not entirely, of course). I have likewise studied it intensively and don't believe it has anything whatsoever to do with "aliens" or "abductions" in any physical sense. It's a truly bizarre phenomenon, as well as field rife with frauds and charlatans, and I believe it could well have demonic aspects - or several demonic aspects.

I believe they are related in some cases, and they may not be related in other cases. Anything is possible. We are simply not GOD to know. What is important is serving Jesus Christ and pointing others to Jesus and not aliens.

You said:
The notion that these phenomena can be driven away by calling upon the name of Jesus is largely a pious fiction promoted by those who are of the "it's all demonic" mindset. Jan Markell of Olive Tree Ministries is a great promoter of this view, as well as of much misinformation. The "Jesus" claim is indeed made (and was made by some long before it became a meme), just as some Near Death Experiences fit neatly within fundamentalist Christian theology - but the vast majority don't.

Unless you know the people, I don't think you can make that kind of claim that they are all lying. Imagine if some of them are telling the truth. You would in effect be calling certain fellow brethren as liars. I do not believe that such a thing would be good to say.

You said:
I "liked" your post and appreciate it, but I believe these phenomena are part of our reality and are worthy of investigation with discernment.

No. Don't do it. It is a waste of time. Serve and follow Jesus. It is a demonic deception to lead you away from following after Jesus.

You said:
Without my involvement in afterlife phenomena (NDEs, psychical research, After-Death Communications), I'm not sure I would've remained a believer at all. Certainly, some of these areas have greatly strengthened my faith. I always warn others that there is a huge distinction between "studying" these subjects and becoming actively "involved" with them - sometimes in the sense of inviting them into one's life or actively seeking experiences (very, very dangerous), sometimes in the sense of allowing them to become a distracting obsession.

My point exactly.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
^ This. The topic of this thread of attributing the unexplainable to demons reminds me of the old superstition that if someone sneezed then they must be possessed by a demon or an evil spirit.

This is something that GOD has to reveal to an individual Christian if they are open to seeing it. I believe what gets in the way is people's love for Science Fiction like Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.; I know. I used to be caught in that kind of junk before.

Upvote 0