Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 1 Corinthians 15:20-24

1 Corinthians 15:22-24 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at His coming. Then cometh the end, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
In Adam, meaning in mankind or in our flesh made of dust bodies, all of us die. We are all given once to die which is our physical death. [Heb. 9:27] Those of us that are "in Christ" are "made alive." As I said previously, once we physically die then it is too late to become "in Christ." We must be in Him before we pass from physical life.

It is "man in his own order," or born as generations of mankind come into the world and then we do or do not become firstfruits. We do or do not accept Christ and crucify our "old man" allowing Him to live in us "at His coming."

Once all of mankind that is to be born has been born...then cometh the end.

On the topic of how we are raised...in flesh (terrestrial/natural) or in spirit (celestial/spiritual) bodies:

15:35-38 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased Him, and to every seed his own body.
15:39-40 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
15:42-44 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
The Scriptures say the resurrection is in the future though?

As we are "raised a spiritual body" and as when the dust returns to the earth as it was and our spirit goes to God who gave it then....the resurrection of our celestial body takes place upon our physical death. However, our spirit, or our rebirth into a spiritually living soul takes place while we walk under the sun.

Were Abraham, David, Joseph, Moses etc not born of the Spirit before their physical death?

Yes, most definitely, but were they among....

Matthew 27:52-53 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after His resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

I don't know Lion King...were they with Him, could they be with Him before He was crucified for the sins of man? Or if they were with Him were they in their resurrected state of being before that time? My thought is that their spirit was with Him but their celestial bodies were not. I just don't know. It is an interesting thing to ponder.

Upvote 0
S

seeking Christ

If any man boast, let him boast in the Lord!

I do totally agree that "all these things" each have a Spiritual connotation. We can restore a Brother who is stumbling, and in some sense have "made the lame to walk." And in so doing we have done it unto Jesus Himself. Maybe that's nothing more than a cup of cold water? Not such a bad thing, the way my Bible reads.

And yet Spiritual truth NEVER takes away from what transpires in the here and now, physical realm. Jesus ALWAYS connected the two, and never severed them.

Just a few weeks ago one missionary couple sent out by my little store front Church came back, and took the podium for a bit during our Service. The man was afraid to pray for healing, not really feeling he had enough faith to do so, neither being willing to doubt God on the point. Every been there?

Anyway a woman was in the distance, crippled, and trying to make her way about her business. This man would up praying for her, and she was healed, miraculously. TV Evangelist style, throw away your crutches run the aisles type stuff. Glory to God!!

I have often seen people here mock TV Evangelists like that. I will NEVER speak a word against them. I may have my doubts, and not support them financially, but Scripture instructs us CLEARLY on this point and this is a good time for a reminder that when the Disciples fretted about others not of their clique, Jesus said to leave them be.

Anyway, about "greater works than Jesus did." While it is true that those who are strong and know their God shall do exploits :cool: I really don't think anybody's going to do any "exploiting" to top what the Logos Incarnate did. :bow::preach:

I'm not sure what the original language yields, but I think it refers to the Church as being many, while Jesus was but one.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If any man boast, let him boast in the Lord!

I do totally agree that "all these things" each have a Spiritual connotation. We can restore a Brother who is stumbling, and in some sense have "made the lame to walk." And in so doing we have done it unto Jesus Himself. Maybe that's nothing more than a cup of cold water? Not such a bad thing, the way my Bible reads.

And yet Spiritual truth NEVER takes away from what transpires in the here and now, physical realm. Jesus ALWAYS connected the two, and never severed them.

Just a few weeks ago one missionary couple sent out by my little store front Church came back, and took the podium for a bit during our Service. The man was afraid to pray for healing, not really feeling he had enough faith to do so, neither being willing to doubt God on the point. Every been there?

Anyway a woman was in the distance, crippled, and trying to make her way about her business. This man would up praying for her, and she was healed, miraculously. TV Evangelist style, throw away your crutches run the aisles type stuff. Glory to God!!
Amen! lol.
I prayed for someone in a wheelchair once. :thumbsup:
And have been healed by God for several things.
Since it said "if you lay hands on the sick..." I just
always believed it and never doubted. But there
are other areas I have a hard time believing..
*shrug

I have often seen people here mock TV Evangelists like that. I will NEVER speak a word against them. I may have my doubts, and not support them financially, but Scripture instructs us CLEARLY on this point and this is a good time for a reminder that when the Disciples fretted about others not of their clique, Jesus said to leave them be.
I too am trying to learn to walk away, and to listen to God and hush the
voices of foolish men, terrified that God might show up and say something
out of line like "Stretch forth your hand!"
NO MO
HECK NO.
But if I say I'll never mention the LORD or speak in his name,
his word burns in my heart like a fire.
It's like a fire shut up in my bones!
I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can't do it!

Anyway, about "greater works than Jesus did." While it is true that those who are strong and know their God shall do exploits :cool: I really don't think anybody's going to do any "exploiting" to top what the Logos Incarnate did. :bow::preach:

I'm not sure what the original language yields, but I think it refers to the Church as being many, while Jesus was but one.
Now that's a great thought! Greater as in larger.

Here's what one commentary presented with:

Clarke's Commentary:
"Some account for the greater works thus:
1. The very shadow of Peter healed the diseased, Acts 5:15.
2. Diseases were cured, and demons cast out, by applying to the persons handkerchiefs and aprons that had before touched the body of Paul, Acts 19:12.
3. By the word of Peter, Ananias and Sapphira were struck dead, Acts 5:5, Acts 5:9, Acts 5:10.
4. Elymas the sorcerer was struck blind by the word of Paul, Acts 13:11.
5. Christ only preached in Judea, and in the language only of that country; but the apostles preached through the most of the then known world, and in all the languages of all countries. But let it be remarked that all this was done by the power of Christ; and I think it still more natural to attribute the greater works to the greater number of conversions made under the apostles' ministry. The reason which our Lord gives for this is worthy of deep attention: -
Because I go unto my Father - Where I shall be an Intercessor for you, that: - "

Certainly no attempt to spiritualize it though.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As we are "raised a spiritual body" and as when the dust returns to the earth as it was and our spirit goes to God who gave it then....the resurrection of our celestial body takes place upon our physical death. However, our spirit, or our rebirth into a spiritually living soul takes place while we walk under the sun.

I take it you do not believe in a resurrection of the dead at the last day? Am I correct?

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Daniel 12:2

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, to the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29

And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. Acts 24:15

Martha said unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. John 11:24

And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. John 6:39

Whoever eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:54

Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

Yes, most definitely, but were they among....

Matthew 27:52-53 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after His resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

I don't know Lion King...were they with Him, could they be with Him before He was crucified for the sins of man? Or if they were with Him were they in their resurrected state of being before that time? My thought is that their spirit was with Him but their celestial bodies were not. I just don't know. It is an interesting thing to ponder.

Didn't Peter say that David was still dead and buried, even after Christ's ascension? How was David raised to live forever when he is still dead in his tomb even to this very day?

Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. Acts 2:29

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
Another thought to what Jesus said. John seemed to give Jesus’ Words a qualifier.

(1John 5:14) “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
I believe that the reason most people don’t receive from God what he or she asks of him, is because they are not living the whole Word of God.

(James 4:3-6) “ When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us? But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the reason most people don’t receive from God what he or she asks of him, is because they are not living the whole Word of God.

(James 4:3-6) “ When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us? But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”

This sounds perilously like prosperity preaching.

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
This sounds perilously like prosperity preaching.
The following verse shows what seems to be a contradiction in the written Word of God.

Questions such that are being asked in this thread maybe should be asked of Jesus, and if he cares for one to know he will answer him or her.

(Matthew 20: 20-21) “Then the mother of Zebedee’s sonscame to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him.
“What is it you want?”he asked.
She said, “Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.”

Jesus did not grant this mother her request.

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The following verse shows what seems to be a contradiction in the written Word of God.

Questions such that are being asked in this thread maybe should be asked of Jesus, and if he cares for one to know he will answer him or her.

(Matthew 20: 20-21) "Then the mother of Zebedee's sonscame to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him.
"What is it you want?"he asked.
She said, "Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom."

Jesus did not grant this mother her request.

That's not a contradiction. Her request was akin to "Force one of my two sons to worship you." Kind of like asking God to make someone love me lol not gonna happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The answer is in this, "Who is there who speaks and it happens, unless the Lord has ordained it?"
?? Why did you post this passage?
Certainly you didn't think I was trying to take
credit for healing someone through my own
(nonexistent) power?
No idea who or what you're talking to Simon when you don't
quote a post.

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I take it you do not believe in a resurrection of the dead at the last day? Am I correct?

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Daniel 12:2

What is the time Daniel was speaking of when this happens? To know we have to read more of the chapter.
Daniel 12:1-3 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
The tribulation of Satan is...the time of trouble also spoken of by Christ as the "great tribulation." [Matthew 24:21] During that time is when "the wise shall shine" for they teach His truth. Some will see and hear this truth and it will "turn many to righteousness," but...not all. During that time of trouble some that are spiritually dead (sleep in the dust of the earth) will wake up...they will SEE and find "everlasting life." Others will believe Satan's deception and will face shame and contempt.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, to the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29

With that passage too it is necessary to gather more of the verses to understand completely.
John 5:1 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom He will.
The Father and Son raise the dead and give them life. When? After they pass away physically? No. The dead are the spiritually dead and they must be quickened, given life, before they literally die.
5:24-25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
The walking, talking, breathing humans must pass from death to life by hearing, seeing, accepting His Word. We must believe to have "everlasting life." That can only be accomplished while we walk under the sun for, as written, we must "heareth My word."

5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
That is talking of the same event in [Dan.12:3] above...when some find life and others face shame.

And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. Acts 24:15

Yes, everyone is resurrected...some to life, some to shame. We all face Him.

Martha said unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. John 11:24

John 11:23-26 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith unto Him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said unto her,I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Martha said one thing, which you quoted but Jesus corrected her. HE IS THE RESURRECTION. We have life when we believe. We were dead but He gives us life and we live. We SHALL NEVER DIE. We shall all die physically but not spiritually.

And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. John 6:39

What was given Him that He "should lose nothing?" What is raised the last day? Notice that the above verse doesn't say them or they are raised but says, "raise IT up again." What is it that He was given?
Daniel 7:14 And there was given Him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
That is what is raised the last day.

Whoever eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:54

We find "eternal life" while we live physically for we must eat His flesh and drink His blood...absorb His Word! Therein we find eternal life which is spiritual. We are with Him at the last day....
1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
If this event happens while we "are alive" physically and spiritually on the last day then we are caught up/raised to meet Him and all others that preceded us.

Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

He brings those that preceded us with Him...we meet them in the air (in spirit...not the atmosphere!)

Didn't Peter say that David was still dead and buried, even after Christ's ascension? How was David raised to live forever when he is still dead in his tomb even to this very day?

Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. Acts 2:29

His tomb is here and David died and his flesh body was buried. Where is his spirit?

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Upvote 0
S

seeking Christ

?? Why did you post this passage?
Certainly you didn't think I was trying to take
credit for healing someone through my own
(nonexistent) power?
No idea who or what you're talking to Simon when you don't
quote a post.

If I can attempt to second guess Simon, maybe he is trying to point out that OUR ideas are not so important? That instead, what God intends to bring to pass via His Word is what really matters here?

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If I can attempt to second guess Simon, maybe he is trying to point out that OUR ideas are not so important? That instead, what God intends to bring to pass via His Word is what really matters here?
Hard to know.
I don't see the connection.
If someone's 'doing" it's going to be God's will what they're "doing"
otherwise it couldn't be "done"
We're HIS hands and feet.
kwim?

Sometimes I get the idea that folks don't 'really' believe it.
Deep down.
So I try to make threads that will bring that out to look at.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes! He will do even greater things than I have done. (Greater?)
Greater=more, He was directly speaking to the apostles during the dissertation, but then did include those who believe...

elder, greater, more. Irregular comparative of megas; larger (literally or figuratively, specially, in age) -- elder, greater(-est), more.
see GREEK megas

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes I get the idea that folks don't 'really' believe it.
Deep down.
So I try to make threads that will bring that out to look at.
:)
I promise that the power of the Sovereign Lord has been displayed over and over and over in and through my life (the power of prayer Amen?).... I get a lil uneasy grandstanding the power the Lord gives ME in MY life without being clear that it is only for the fulfillment of His word and His will. Something that may be harder to comprehend for folk stuck in the free-will camp.
SeekingChrist did rightly understand what i was getting at.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Greater=more, He was directly speaking to the apostles during the dissertation, but then did include those who believe...

elder, greater, more. Irregular comparative of megas; larger (literally or figuratively, specially, in age) -- elder, greater(-est), more.
see GREEK megas
Sounds very possible.
I also posted a commentary a page back of what others thought that He meant.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What is the time Daniel was speaking of when this happens? To know we have to read more of the chapter.
Daniel 12:1-3 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
The tribulation of Satan is...the time of trouble also spoken of by Christ as the "great tribulation." [Matthew 24:21] During that time is when "the wise shall shine" for they teach His truth. Some will see and hear this truth and it will "turn many to righteousness," but...not all. During that time of trouble some that are spiritually dead (sleep in the dust of the earth) will wake up...they will SEE and find "everlasting life." Others will believe Satan's deception and will face shame and contempt.

With that passage too it is necessary to gather more of the verses to understand completely.
John 5:1 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom He will.
The Father and Son raise the dead and give them life. When? After they pass away physically? No. The dead are the spiritually dead and they must be quickened, given life, before they literally die.
5:24-25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
The walking, talking, breathing humans must pass from death to life by hearing, seeing, accepting His Word. We must believe to have "everlasting life." That can only be accomplished while we walk under the sun for, as written, we must "heareth My word."

5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
That is talking of the same event in [Dan.12:3] above...when some find life and others face shame.

Yes, everyone is resurrected...some to life, some to shame. We all face Him.

John 11:23-26 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith unto Him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said unto her,I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Martha said one thing, which you quoted but Jesus corrected her. HE IS THE RESURRECTION. We have life when we believe. We were dead but He gives us life and we live. We SHALL NEVER DIE. We shall all die physically but not spiritually.

What was given Him that He "should lose nothing?" What is raised the last day? Notice that the above verse doesn't say them or they are raised but says, "raise IT up again." What is it that He was given?
Daniel 7:14 And there was given Him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
That is what is raised the last day.

We find "eternal life" while we live physically for we must eat His flesh and drink His blood...absorb His Word! Therein we find eternal life which is spiritual. We are with Him at the last day....
1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
If this event happens while we "are alive" physically and spiritually on the last day then we are caught up/raised to meet Him and all others that preceded us.

He brings those that preceded us with Him...we meet them in the air (in spirit...not the atmosphere!)

Interesting interpretation.

His tomb is here and David died and his flesh body was buried. Where is his spirit?

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Didn't you say earlier that David has already been raised to live forever (i.e has received his spiritual body)?

Which one is it?

- Is David's spirit with God, or has David been resurrected to live forever as Jesus Christ was?

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds very possible.
I also posted a commentary a page back of what others thought that He meant.

Your post was correct, let me get a more literal version of that text,..

Joh 14:12 Indeed, I tell you truly, the one believing into Me, the works which I do, that one shall do also, and greater than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

When it is closer to the Greek, we see that it is "the-one believing" that can have the greater works done through them. This is why Steven operated in such power,..

Act 6:8 And Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and signs among the people.

And it is there for us if we want to draw to GOD instead of other things that waste time.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0