Do you believe that Masturbation a Sin?

Do you believe Masturbation to be a sin

• Yes

• No

• I've never given it any thought

• You sicko, you'll burn in hell for even trying to discuss such human behaviors

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First off, the Bible says that we are to treat our bodies as temples. Away from perverse and immoral situations. Masturbation causes lust in a man's heart. I have yet to meet someone who can do an act of that sort without thinking lustful thoughts. This is why God gave us sex as a gift. But it is a gift that ties in with marriage. I certainly don't believe the Lord would let us marry ourselves.

It is one thing to not understand something in the Bible. It is another to be completely ignorant when the facts are placed right in front of you. Take the blinders off, Brother, and see the truth.

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by TerraSin
Project 86 is right. Any lustful thought is a sin and is the same as adultry as said in the Bible.
The SAME as adultry? I hardly think the two are on the same level. Adultry is an act of betrayal towards your spouse. Lustful thoughts are just that..thoughts.

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"What about having lustful thoughts about your husband/wife? Especially during sex. Would that be sinful?"

It depends what you are talking about. When we get married, the lust is removed because God commands "Go fourth and multiply" and with that, he allows sex to take place without the weight of sin. However, when sexual perversions are introduced, such as sodomy, it becomes sin. But thats a whole other topic all together. :)

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Well I may as well go out and commit adultry then. Since I'm destined to burn in Hell anyway"

No, don't say that. I find what's best to keep from lusting is to stay away from things that may provoke it like the passage says If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body, than for your whole body to go into Hell. (Matthew 5:30).

For me personally that means not watching most secular tv and being careful of the movies I decided to go too. I threw out probably 100 movies (no not xxx ones, but many R, and even many PG-13 ones) from my collection several months after I became saved. I felt the convition so strong after prayer once and I it really did make a difference. We may stumble but we can be forgiven and we need to do away with the bad things and really learn what God's true purpose is for our lives. This whole topic also touches on why girls shouldn't be going around with no bras on (and it's obvious) or mini skirts with their thong sticking out. As Christians we shouldn't take on the morals of society but of God.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Originally posted by Project 86
Actually you did. Your logic is this, correct me if i'm wrong. touching yourself is not a sin, or basicly not wrong. 6 year olds touch (even though it's impossible) and you seem to have no problem with that. Well what's wrong with assisting a child then? That's the logical conclusion to your opinion. If not what's wrong with it then? Since your opinions wouldn't be against saying that would be wrong for reasons you have given. It's now up to you to defend why you would be against it, not me.

My point is that masturbation, as a behavior, is pretty much the same regardless of age (i.e. stimulation for purposes of pleasure).

Sex toys, etc, are products of the adult sex industry. Exposing children to such an industry is wrong, moreso for the potential emotional and psychological consequences of doing so (with relation to current society). Not to mention the legal consequences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Originally posted by TerraSin
It depends what you are talking about. When we get married, the lust is removed because God commands "Go fourth and multiply" and with that, he allows sex to take place without the weight of sin. However, when sexual perversions are introduced, such as sodomy, it becomes sin. But thats a whole other topic all together. :)

So what would you call buying your wife kinky lingerie for Valentine's Day? Is that not lustful behavior? Would that be sinful?

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Pete Harcoff
Incidentally, no one's answered my question about "wet" dreams. Are wet dreams sinful behavior (even though we're unconscious at the time)?

No way you have no way of controlling your dreams, well i don't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a true story :

I know a man who became devorced from his wife , he is a man of high morals and didn't fool around after the devorce .
As time went by he developed problems with his testicals , pain and swelling , he went to the doctor and was told he had a blockage in his tubes , and was asked how his love life was , zilch he said , so the doc asked him about touching yourself , I don't do it he told the doc , so the doc told him to either see a prostitute or start masterbating as this was his problem .
He was a man of high morals , so he did what he had to do .

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"My point is that masturbation, as a behavior, is pretty much the same regardless of age (i.e. stimulation for purposes of pleasure)."

Ok well you may try to show me some studies that agree with you. I can get studies to agree with any view of any topics to be truthful but like I said that's an untrue statement. Like I said a 6 year old can't touch unless you loosly use a certain dictionary term you can find and really twist it around. Unless you masterbated when you where 6 for sexual pleasure. I don't know what part of the country your in but 6 year olds don't do that here.

Ok as with the toy thing how about we hand out toys made by some so called "Christian" company (by the way there are people that do this). Maybe put bible verses on them and hand them out in 1st grade? Would that be ok then? Or should we just teach 1st graders to touch naturally?

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Project 86
"My point is that masturbation, as a behavior, is pretty much the same regardless of age (i.e. stimulation for purposes of pleasure)."

Ok well you may try to show me some studies that agree with you. I can get studies to agree with any view of any topics to be truthful but like I said that's an untrue statement. Like I said a 6 year old can't touch unless you loosly use a certain dictionary term you can find and really twist it around. Unless you masterbated when you where 6 for sexual pleasure. I don't know what part of the country your in but 6 year olds don't do that here.

Ok as with the toy thing how about we hand out toys made by some so called "Christian" company (by the way there are people that do this). Maybe put bible verses on them and hand them out in 1st grade? Would that be ok then? Or should we just teach 1st graders to touch naturally?

well masterbating is natural.

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"its so weird how everything that natural to the human body or sex is sinful."

Some would say it's natural to get mad and want to go as far as kill someone even. Is that ok then too? Better think twice on that before you cut someone off in traffic!

"I know a man who became devorced from his wife , he is a man of high morals and didn't fool around after the devorce .
As time went by he developed problems with his testicals , pain and swelling , he went to the doctor and was told he had a blockage in his tubes , and was asked how his love life was , zilch he said , so the doc asked him about touching yourself , I don't do it he told the doc , so the doc told him to either see a prostitute or start masterbating as this was his problem .
He was a man of high morals , so he did what he had to do ."

Ok please show me source of this one cause it stinks of something very bad!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.