Do you believe that Masturbation a Sin?

Do you believe Masturbation to be a sin

• Yes

• No

• I've never given it any thought

• You sicko, you'll burn in hell for even trying to discuss such human behaviors

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel75

Sep 28, 2002
✟805.00
the almighty susan has spoken. we have been warned. Hey here is a tip sooz, don't have marital counseling through your church. they get a little in depth when discussing sex with your husband/wife. you may not be able to handle it. you may have to tell him "youre going to hell" about 20 times then make a funny face

Upvote 0
Did you know that Kelloggs Cornflakes was designed to reduce masturbation in boys? Or that the same said John Harvey Kellogg wanted to apply carbolic acid to the female [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] to reduce excitement. (Source:www.ldolphin.org/Mast.shtml)

Masturbation has been seen in many Christian circles as a heionous act and Victorian England saw it as a form of mental illness. As Christians it is a serious subject to which many people are affected and we should study as with all things we are unsure about.

I do not agree with one of the comments that was made about sex only being for reproduction. The God I serve I believe has made it also for pleasure and many times Christians misquote the coitus interruptus episode of Onan as justification for this, but if we read the text carefully we see he was destroyed because he was disobedient in not continuing the seed of his departed brother.

Coming back masturbation is generally seen as solo-sex or auto eroticism. In essence this appears very selfish and does not fulfill the implicit requirment that sexual activity is something that is shared between two persons, male and female. Plus with the imagery whether of a partner of other figure can be determined as lust. Can you lust after your husband or wife...indeed if sex is nothing more than an act of release rather than fulfillment between two persons.

Continued....

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟13,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My quesion is why do people think you either have to have sex or have to touch? You can do neither you know. I know it can be hard with the inappropriate content that' on everyday tv, magazines and the internet. touching yourself is a very selfish act which nearly all the time if not all the time involves some kind of lust even though your by youself. And lust is adultry.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Amen Project 86. Society infuses much of our sexual inclinations, and we can choose how much we want to be influenced.

In my case, I get it from all sides. My family thinks my stance is "strange" or that I'm possibly gay, or they reflect the attitude of the posters who said they wouldn't marry me. (BTW I don't care about that attitude: I have met a wonderul, loving, caring young man who agrees with me. :) )

My general Christian culture is becoming more "accepting" of being hypersexual rather than reserving sex for when your intents are more than just mere physical desire. For instance my church is hosting a "Song of Solomon Conference" and my college group sunday school class taught on a very literal interpretation of the book. Even one of my favorite authors, Tim LaHaye, along with his wife, wrote a "sex manual" for middle-aged couples :mad: :sick:

And if you think that's enough, the subculture that I'm also a part of has its share of kooks and perverts that spend their days making or watching hentai, yaoi, henyaori, yuri, heavy ecchi, lemon fanfics, and slash. I try to avoid these disgusting perverts and their sites, but occasionally I end up debating one, being hit on by one, being flamed by one, or being spammed by their idiotic and infantile sites.

I praise God that He has kept me from developing excess desires. :)

Upvote 0
Ed,

I apologise for the word I used . It was not meant to cause offence, just to explain the point.

Continued......

The Bible is not explicit about various acts such as lesbianism whilst explicity referring to activity with animals. There are also other acts which popular media and schools refer to -- am sure you know what I mean -- which youth look for explicit answers to and don't get them in church. We need as leaders and teachers to provide an answer, a principle for correct Christian behaviour based on the implicit or explicit words in the Bible.

Personally I prefer to pray a simple prayer as when we just leave some of these situations to just what we think is right or wrong, I think they call it relativity, we negate the power of the Holy Spirit both in our lives and revealed in the principles of the Bible.

Surrender your will to God. Temptations are always there but with God you can overcome. Auto eroticsim or solo sex was never part of God's plan if we really think about it, God designed sexuality as the unselfish union between a man and a woman. Let's get back to basics, fast, pray and really truly seek God for an answer on this issue.

It's never about whether or not we see nothing wrong with a little tickle but whether or not God is glorified in all we do.

I think I better quit now

Stay blessed

p.s. If we define sin as seperation from God, and masturbation is deemed as sexual immorality, then yes I do believe it is a sin.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Originally posted by Project 86
You 6 year old has not even hit puberty so that's a different situation and doesn't place any roll in the touching yourself discussion.

So, what's wrong for a 30 year old is okay for a 6 year old? I think you're setting up a double standard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟13,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"So, what's wrong for a 30 year old is okay for a 6 year old? I think you're setting up a double standard."

Well for one it's not touching yourself. Normally it's a sign of him trying not to pee in his pants or just doesn't know what he's doing. It's not the same as a 30 year old touching himself for sexual pleasure. I'm sure you can admit that.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Normally it's a sign of him trying not to pee in his pants or just doesn't know what he's doing.

Heh, I wonder if that excuse would work.

"No officer, it isn't what it looks like. I have to pee really really bad. Honest!"

</gutter>

It's not the same as a 30 year old touching himself for sexual pleasure. I'm sure you can admit that.

No, I don't believe it's different. Children, adults, etc, do it because it feels good. That's about all there is to it. LadyShea provided an excellent link on the subject.

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/yourchild/masturb.htm

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟13,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"No, I don't believe it's different. Children, adults, etc, do it because it feels good. That's about all there is to it. LadyShea provided an excellent link on the subject."

This kid hasn't hit puberty yet. I was a kid once so I have first hand experience on this subject. I took sex ed, I even have masterbated. A 6 year old and 30 year old can't be compared not only for thought reasons of the 2 people but because of physical reasons as well. If you can't accept that though then this conversation really won't get anywhere and it's best we leave it at that.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
This kid hasn't hit puberty yet. I was a kid once so I have first hand experience on this subject. I took sex ed, I even have masterbated. A 6 year old and 30 year old can't be compared not only for thought reasons of the 2 people but because of physical reasons as well. If you can't accept that though then this conversation really won't get anywhere and it's best we leave it at that.

I was once a kid, too, you know. ;)

Anyway, you seem to think that puberty is some magical barrier that somehow changes things. The physical sensation is the same. If a child is playing with himself for the purpose of pleasure, what else can you possibly call that other than masturbation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Look the word up in the dictionary.

Okay.

mas·tur·ba·tion Pronunciation Key (mstr-bshn)
n.
Excitation of one's own or another's genital organs, usually to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], by manual contact or means other than sexual intercourse

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=masturbation

What's next? Getting sexual stimulating toys for girls for their 6 year birthday?

I never suggested such a thing, and I'm a little disgusted that you would make such a leap in logic. I'm merely trying to point out that the behavior, whether in children or adults, is really not at all that different (and I'm more than willing to bet any differences are purely psychological).

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟13,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I never suggested such a thing, and I'm a little disgusted that you would make such a leap in logic. I'm merely trying to point out that the behavior, whether in children or adults, is really not at all that different (and I'm more than willing to bet any differences are purely psychological)."

Actually you did. Your logic is this, correct me if i'm wrong. touching yourself is not a sin, or basicly not wrong. 6 year olds touch (even though it's impossible) and you seem to have no problem with that. Well what's wrong with assisting a child then? That's the logical conclusion to your opinion. If not what's wrong with it then? Since your opinions wouldn't be against saying that would be wrong for reasons you have given. It's now up to you to defend why you would be against it, not me.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Originally posted by TerraSin
Any lustful thought is a sin

What about having lustful thoughts about your husband/wife? Especially during sex. Would that be sinful?

and is the same as adultry as said in the Bible.

I fail to see the connection.

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟13,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sex is God's invention. He is the mastermind behind it—and His creation is worth far more to Him than it is to us. This beautiful expression of love was created out of His own heart, as a gift to be experienced between a husband and wife. It is only in marriage that this manifestation of intimacy can be fully enjoyed in the depth for which it was created (Hebrews 13:4).

You have heard that it was said, "Do not commit adultery." But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart (Matthew 5:28).

I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust upon a girl. I know full well that the Almighty God sends calamity on those who do (Job 31:1-3, The Living Bible).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.