Do you believe that Masturbation a Sin?

Do you believe Masturbation to be a sin

• Yes

• No

• I've never given it any thought

• You sicko, you'll burn in hell for even trying to discuss such human behaviors

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by s0uljah
I don't understand this claim that is is somehow physically necessary, or that "tension" must be released. Whats up with that? Seems like an excuse to me, since I haven't had this problem, or these so called "wet dreams" that people mention.

Souljah...are you basing your viewpoint simply on what you've 'experienced' and what you haven't?

1.  Many haven't experienced clinical depression...yet it exists.  It's sad to see people respond:  He/She should just get over it.  Until you've walked in their shoes..you have no clue.

2.  Alcoholism/drug addiction exists.  You can't speek that those horrors don't exist, simply because you've 'never' experienced it.

i.e....everyone's physiology/psychology varies.  You may not respond to a certain antibiotic which would kill another person.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by TerraSin
I'm not wasting anymore time in this topic. It's obvious no one here reads their Bibles. Or if they do, they just don't care. Have a good day, and God Bless

What if Jesus had taken this attitude? :(

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Amatire
MOST people dont. Indeed if they do it is often the sign of the child having been abused sexually. It is one of the things that social services check for if they are suspicious of abuse. That doesnt sound spiritually wholesome now does it?

And my point was this. If it was a physical need, EVERYONE would do it. And they dont.

you missed the point I guess..

Hi Ama!! :wave:  and hope you had a great weekend!

Now, back to discsussion.

One simple note:

Everyone's physiological/psychological needs differ.  But a nice point you made on 'addiction' though. 

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Smilin
Souljah...are you basing your viewpoint simply on what you've 'experienced' and what you haven't?

1.  Many haven't experienced clinical depression...yet it exists.  It's sad to see people respond:  He/She should just get over it.  Until you've walked in their shoes..you have no clue.

2.  Alcoholism/drug addiction exists.  You can't speek that those horrors don't exist, simply because you've 'never' experienced it.

i.e....everyone's physiology/psychology varies.  You may not respond to a certain antibiotic which would kill another person.

Thats why I said "I dont understand it," not "that isnt true cause I dont experience it."

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Susan
It is a sin. It is a form of fornication or adultery, and the purpose of sex is to have children, NOT to have pleasure.

and to those who said it isn't sin: stop justifying your perverted inclinations, get your minds out of the gutter, and find a purpose for your life beyond hedonism.

perverts make me :sick:

Okay Susan,,,would you like scripture that God meant for sex to be pleasurable? 

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Susan
And again, I cannot believe someone posted this to a Christian board. Will a moderator please remove this thread and post it to a more appropriate forum: the Trash Bin? 

Susan...are you insenuating that sexual topics should NOT be discussed among Christians? :eek:

And as far as what you can't believe...if this shocks you...DON'T study psychology, physiology, anatomy, biology....etc.  You'll find other behaviors that you'd probably find offensive.

I can't believe some of the 'demonic possession' claims you've made either, yet you were free to post or not to post.

Again..no apologies for the topic..

(This is just a hunch...but I'd bet you're the one that gave me the 'you sicko...burn in hell vote') :D

Smilin :wave:

Upvote 0
:wave: hi smilin have a good weekend? you missed a lot! lol

everyone's psychological/physiological needs differ.
very true :) not sure what to say except what Ive said already. And ur right about the depression thing, u dont know what its like until youve walked that path! *shudder* :D

umm nothing further to add at this time exept someone asked me how I know if God is speaking to me.. ummm well I think that will probably be a topic for another thread, but if anyone wants to help me out in explaining this to some of the nonchristians and interested peeps who asked umm could do with a number of testimonys..

sorry thats kinda off the topic..

never mind

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by LadyShea
Well Susan, your future husband is gonna be thrilled when he finds you think sex is perverted and for procreation only. You think a Christian couple with two kids has only had sex twice?

Could you provide some Biblical documentation that states sex isn't meant to be pleasurable? Why would God create us to enjoy sex if we weren't meant to?

How about biblical documentation that DOES show sex to be an enjoyable experience:

Proverbs 5
<SUP>18</SUP>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
<SUP>19</SUP>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

Now..Susan are you gonna say that breasts are ONLY meant for nurturing children?....If discussing sex offends you, and as you put it..meant for the trash bin...then I guess you'll have to rip Proverbs out of your Bible and discard it too.

&nbsp;:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thats why I said "I dont understand it," not "that isnt true cause I dont experience it."

Sex drive is a variable from individual to individual.&nbsp; Some have no desire whatsoever...some experience it to the extreme where it is considered an addiction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sex drive is a variable from individual to individual.&nbsp; Some have no desire whatsoever...some experience it to the extreme where it is considered an addiction.

Yep, and as your scripture indicates, it is to be done between husband and wife, not husband and self, lol.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Amatire
:wave: hi smilin have a good weekend? you missed a lot! lol&nbsp;

Yes..I had a very nice weekend...thanks! :wave:

As far as how much I missed...I'm muddling through it all...lol

God speeks to us?&nbsp; Yes..I know that as well, but it's not an easy thing to explain...(kind of like explaining colors to a blind child)

errrr...wanna hear something ironic?&nbsp; I was trying to find an electrical&nbsp;drawing symbol for a 'surge arrestor'...before I decided to catch up on my thread. :D&nbsp;

errr...gonna take a while to catch up on this one...lol

and :clap:&nbsp; SOMEONE gave me a sicko vote!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by KeepTheFaith15
then you need to grow up....your what 18 and cant handle this...im more mature then you...heehee thats funny

^5 KTF (high five)

My daughter is 14, my oldest son is 11 and they can discuss sexuality openly.&nbsp; It's something that SHOULD be discussed..and takes maturity to do so.

and yep...it is funny KTF... :D

Upvote 0

God speeks to us?&nbsp; Yes..I know that as well, but it's not an easy thing to explain...(kind of like explaining colors to a blind child)
yeah thats what I was thinking, how on earth do you explain it to someone who has never experienced it.. the only thing I could think of was that you dont often mistake it when it happens, you sorta "know" its God. but that aint very good.. gonna have to think about that one. Good analogy btw!

errrr...wanna hear something ironic?&nbsp; I was trying to find an electrical&nbsp;drawing symbol for a 'surge arrestor'...before I decided to catch up on my thread. :D&nbsp;
:D :D :D nuff said!

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by The Simple Plan
If you are in love with your wife I am not sure how can you have lustful thoughts about your wife? Can you please explain how you define lustful thoughts?

Stay blessed

WHUUUTTT???? :eek: :(&nbsp;

Gimme a break....you can't lust after the spouse you love?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yep, and as your scripture indicates, it is to be done between husband and wife, not husband and self, lol.

Yes souljah (not my scripture though..err Can't take credit for King Solomon's writings).....

BUT...this still doesn't explain the 'natural' occurence of 'wet dreams' among sexually mature males.&nbsp; I know and respect your viewpoint on masturbation being sinful...but a 'wet dream' is exactly the same process 'physiologically and psychologically speeking'.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Angel75
the almighty susan has spoken. we have been warned. Hey here is a tip sooz, don't have marital counseling through your church. they get a little in depth when discussing sex with your husband/wife. you may not be able to handle it. you may have to tell him "youre going to hell" about 20 times then make a funny face

Err...I'd LOVE to have Susan over as a guest and watch 'Sunday Night Sex Talk'....THAT would be a Kodak moment.&nbsp;

Upvote 0
Yes souljah (not my scripture though..err Can't take credit for King Solomon's writings).....

BUT...this still doesn't explain the 'natural' occurence of 'wet dreams' among sexually mature males.&nbsp; I know and respect your viewpoint on masturbation being sinful...but a 'wet dream' is exactly the same process 'physiologically and psychologically speeking'.

I dont know how natural it is, seeing as I have never had one, and I am quite normal in other respects, heh.

Anyway, even if it is normal, it is not something that you are controlling and choosing to do, right? I don't think God ever killed anyone for that, but He did for intentionally spilling sperm, didn't He?

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I dont know how natural it is, seeing as I have never had one, and I am quite normal in other respects, heh.

Anyway, even if it is normal, it is not something that you are controlling and choosing to do, right? I don't think God ever killed anyone for that, but He did for intentionally spilling sperm, didn't He?

Souljah,

sperm can be released without masturbation, or mental imagery.&nbsp; One example would be discharge during urinating. (I'd have to look up the proper diagnosis).&nbsp; But just an example.&nbsp;

(waiting for Susan to tell me how sick I am again)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.