Do you believe that churches should monitor the attendance of their congregations?

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Rion, that's good. I think a church should look out for the welfare of their congregation. If someone hasn't been for a while they should be noticed and followed up on. The bible talks of the good shepherd going to find the sheep that was lost. God Bless :)
I would agree. I'd actually think there was something wrong with a Church that didn't notice someone had stopped attending. They might have some issue, or even personal problems. Depending upon the church, you might not need anything formal: someone would notice. In a larger church you might need something else.

Upvote 0

TheGoodLight

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2016
PA
✟410,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Church membership, and what it should entail, is a fascinating topic. The first church that I was a member of kept tabs on me if I'd visit other services, and a teaching member arranged a coffee shop meeting with me because he disapproved of the denomination that I visited. It was... an interesting discussion, to say the least.

Concerning attendance, I do think that reaching out and checking up on members who have not attended in awhile is a good idea. A gentle, genuine "Hope you're doing okay--we miss having you here". I'd consider it a sweet thing to do, if done considerately.

Upvote 0