Do you believe that a wife must do something immoral or dangerous if ordered by Husband?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truth is static.....There should be no exceptions.....if there are, how can it be truth?

When scripture says to follow your heart, that is now The Truth for you.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
Yet if someone does not know what is right, if they still sin, they are guilty and the penalty for any sin is death.
If someone abuses their family, or perverts any child, they are guilty, and condemned by God's Word - regardless of that they think or 'know'.
They are commanded therefor , whether husband or wife, to repent, to sin no more,
to turn to Yahweh, by faith , and sin no more. The command is true, the commandment is right, to disobey is sin, and death is the result. (regardless totally of who says otherwise -
if a husband or wife says to the other - kill this child, or rape this child,
then, if they 'obey', they are guilty, and the penalty is death,
no matter what they think)

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm thinking of the story of Ananias and Sapphira in the book of Acts. They could have done whatever they wanted with their own money, but they wanted to look more virtuous and generous than they actually were. He asked her to lie. She stood by him. She did what he asked of her. And she paid the penalty for it, because her *first* loyalty should have been to God.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE=]I'm thinking of the story of Ananias and Sapphira in the book of Acts. They could have done whatever they wanted with their own money, but they wanted to look more virtuous and generous than they actually were. He asked her to lie. She stood by him. She did what he asked of her. And she paid the penalty for it, because her *first* loyalty should have been to God.
[/QUOTE
==================================
I thought they "agreed together" ? Maybe not though , will check it out...

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If so what about abusive situations?

If so what about abusive situations?

By what the Bible tells, woman should respect his man. And for man it is said:

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the assembly, and gave himself up for it; that he might sanctify it, having cleansed it by the washing of water with the word, that he might present the assembly to himself gloriously, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Even so ought husbands also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself. For no man ever hated his own flesh; but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord also does the assembly;

Efe. 5:25-29

If man obeys that, I don’t see how he could be abusive. I also think the requirement for men is quite high, in comparison to what is required from women.

Upvote 0