Do you believe that a wife must do something immoral or dangerous if ordered by Husband?

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was curious about how far people are willing to take biblical marital submission. I personally say no to the question.
That is not "biblical marital submission."

Submission is an attitude, not an action.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was curious about how far people are willing to take biblical marital submission. I personally say no to the question.

The idea of biblical submission can be interpreted in ways other than to simply insist that women and wives must absolutely submit to the will of men in each and all cases. In fact, I'd say that to insist that women and wives submit in this way is to incorrectly and even ignorantly interpret the Bible on these points.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This question makes me think of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5:1-11 and Abigail and Nabal in 1 samuel 25.

Sapphira died in backing up her husband, Abigail didn't follow her husbands folly and averted many consequences.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

The Bible have demonstrated there are cases you can overrule even the very rules God gave Moses for the sake of Mercy.

- You can kill to save another life like what David did to Goliath (David killed Goliath to save the whole nation of Israel)

- Rahab lied / deceived to save the Jewish spies

- Jesus said, you can do good works (like saving a life) during Sabbath (Mosaic law forbids all work on Sabbath)

And other things like:

- Children doesn't have to obey parents if parents tell them to sin.

- Most definitely wife does not have to obey her husband if husband tells her to sin nor do something that can harm others or herself.

God and Christ are not super tight on rules as we do. They do permit flexibility in certain situations. Even in times of severe persecution, the scriptures command, we must leave / evaculate, etc.

Christianity is not an "abuse me" or "kill me easy" Cult, very far from it! There are times we have to run, times to stand our ground and defend our territory even if we have to kill for it. All in the scriptures. It pains me that many Christians don't know these things :(

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you believe that a wife must do something immoral or dangerous if ordered by Husband?

That would be sin.

Wouldn't it?

• Informative
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Any

Jul 4, 2018
New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As Christian's we are suppose to love God the most. Husbands are called to love their wives as Christ loved the church. Wives are told to submit to their husbands, but if he is not putting God first and is mistreating his wive or is being ungodly she can't submit to that because it goes against God. If he is doing those things then he doesn't love his wife like Jesus loves the church. The foundation kinda crumbles.

I can see this on a larger scale as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tomb523

Jul 6, 2018
Atlanta
✟10,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If so what about abusive situations?

The post subject is like a mixed metaphor. If a man is a man of God, he would never ask his wife to do anything immoral. If he's not a man of God, then the wife is not under any authority to obey him. If we love our neighbors as ourselves, we wouldn't effect an abusive situation as a husband. The issue may occur if the woman is a believer and the man is not, but then that is why God told us to be "equally yoked" If the argument is made that a man may claim to be a man of God...to which I would answer, "we know a tree by it's fruits."

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This question makes me think of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5:1-11 and Abigail and Nabal in 1 samuel 25.

Sapphira died in backing up her husband, Abigail didn't follow her husbands folly and averted many consequences.
Remember also Adam and Chavah (Eve) ? Eve 'first', though Adam's fall .....

Who is to say Sapphira wasn't the instigator , suggesting because of feminine pride that they make it look good to others, but keep some back for themselves, and her husband , silly man in any case for disobeying God, went along with his wife ?

Upvote 0