Do you believe in the rapture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Do you really believe that there is such a thing? isn;t this an excuse for christians to avoid tribulation?"

There are three main variants on the Rapture:

1. It will happen at the end of the Tribulation (post-tribulation rapture)

2. It will happen 3.5 years into the Tribulation. (mid-tribulation rapture)

3. It will happen before the Tribulation. (pre-tribulation rapture)

I don't know which of these views is correct but from my study, I tend to favor #1.

Of course your question ("is it an excuse") could only apply to those who believe in a pre-tribulation rapture.

In the context of "is it an excuse" I would say the answer is NO.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 (NIV)
According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
The Holy Bible : New International Version (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1996, c1984). 1 Th 4:15-17.

How could believing what the Word says be considered an excuse?

Besides the God who delivered Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego from the furnace (Daniel 3:16-18.)is certainly able to protect us from the horrors of the Tribulation should He decide we need to go through it.

Maranatha,

Craig

17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”
The Holy Bible : New International Version (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1996, c1984).

Upvote 0
I also would like it to be true.

I believe however that Jesus returns on the seventh trump.

I believe and am prepared in my lifetime to choose between death and compromising my beliefs.

If there is a rapture of the church and we all suddenly are caught up into the air I would be happy indeed. No matter what your church teaches, we should all know that as long as we have an earthly body, it's not Jesus --

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No doubt in my mind, I'm pre-trib all the way! But I'm not gonna argue the matter. Could you imagine the world if we all agreed on everything? Praise the Lord for our free will to choose! No robots allowed, or clones.

Hi Locke,
Welcome to the new board. Very similar, but not as cluttered as old one.rollinTHUNDER

Upvote 0
Hi all,
my view on the rapture or the "catching away of the saints" are based upon different accounts of how God dealt with his people while judgment "fell".

It is also interesting to mention that the accounts I list, are mentioned by our Lord Jesus in Luke 17:28-30: "As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of man. 27 They ate, they drank, they married, they were given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise as it was in the days of Lot--they ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built, 29 but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom fire and sulphur rained from heaven and destroyed them all-- 30 so will it be on the day when the Son of man is revealed.

-My view on the rapture is based on these two accounts, since they are the same accounts our Lord Jesus likened the end of the times to.
1. Noah and his family was locked into the Ark 7 days before the rain came. (Gen 7:10) He was not put into the ark while it began to rain.

2. Fire and brimstone fell on Sodom and Gomorrah after Lot and his family left. While it is totally possible that God could have supernaturally protect Lot and his girls in the midst of judgement, the Angel of the Lord told him in Genesis 19:21 "Behold, I grant you this favor also, that I will not overthrow the city of which you have spoken. 22 Make haste, escape there; for I can do nothing till you arrive there." - Then angel could do nothing until Lot was out of the cities and have arrived where he would be safe.

The one thing you have to love about our God Jehovah is that He is unchanging and that He tells the End from the Beginning. And since there is nothing new under the sun, I believe the Lord will threat His children as He did Noah and Lot. (They were not even under our New Covenant which has far greater promises)
I will not say Post Trib or Mid trib, I do know we will be out of here before things get "hot".

ps. sorry about the length of my post, God Bless you all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
See Rev. 20:4-
Prepare for the guillotine! - persecution will come, but he who endures to the point of death shall inherit the crown of life. No one in Sudan or New York was raptured, so why believe the lie! Did the apostle Paul get raptured? This rapture lie will destroy souls, by not preparing them for the true tribulation to come. Prepare for death, and you can't go wrong! JESUS will meet you on the other side, if you overcome.

[This message has been edited by dust (edited 04 January 2002).]

Upvote 0
Dust,
out of curiosity, what is 1Thessalonians 4:15 talking about?
Specifically the part on those who sleep and then those of us who are still alive and remaining till His coming?

I am prepared to be a martyr for His name sake, and I also eagerly await his Coming as we are told to do, so I do not think Christians who are comforted by these words (v. 18) are unprepared. In fact it is the ones who are going about life like nothing has changed, and eating and drinking and living life up without a thought about His coming, just like the days of Noah and Lot, are the ones that are unprepared.

Eagerly awaiting Him<><

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
As for me, I think that a martyr's death would be my desire, but I think we need to be careful about claiming that as our own. It is a difficult step to make, one that should not be taken for granted.

"But Peter declared, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." And all the disciples said the same."
Matthew 26:35

Peter's subsequent failure places a burden on my heart; it leads me to ponder just how ready I would be to give my life for my Christian faith, makes you think....

Upvote 0

Kristen

Blah Blah
Dec 24, 2001
California
Visit site
✟6,488.00
Faith
Christian
I do believe in the Rapture. I do not believe that the Lord would put us through his wrath. I believe we will be raptured before the tribulation.

1 Thess 5:9
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

Romans 5:9
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Upvote 0
You must understand that Peter was at the time in the great day of our Lord Jesus the Christ, we on the other hand live in the days where we will have to die for Lord Jesus the Christ, yes my country and many others will drag you by your feet on ciment with your faces scratching blood going from your face....They try to make you deny the Savior Lord Jesus the Christ...Would you deny ?

Note: I live in America now, and I still see not much differents here. When I lived in Ukraine it was told that America is a free country, I came here and still people will stop you from preachering the "Word of God", people here get offended easily when the "Word of God" is preached for example:

Youth from my Church tried to Preach about Lord Jesus the Christ in a Mall, they said No.
Why are the Holy Bibles taken out of Schools in America ?
Does not the Court use the Holy Bible before people come up to the stand ?
Does not the School tell it's youth to face the Flag and say Great Nation under God......Great Nation under God ?

Why then has it taken the Holy Scripture out of Schools ?
Sure you can read books about fasle things and made up stories and make projects for the whole School about made up stories or fasle things but the Holy Bible can offend someone.

It is quite sad for America is becoming like Ukraine and Russia, I lived there so yes I know what I am talking about....Can't America see what it's turning into.

Gay Rights goes against the Holy Bible.
I can name so many things, I see so much evil things in America, I live here I am an American Citazen.

Everyone pray for America.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.