The Bay
✟9,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps I was not clear. THe premis that the sun is intensely bright at sunset is incorrect.

Hmm... Not sure what sun you are looking at. As long as the sun is above the horizon it appears intensely bright.

Do you deny this?

Seems interesting how some people in these "science" forums deny things that are going on all the time in front of their eyes...

Upvote 0

MisterBlackEye

Jun 1, 2018
The Bay
✟9,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
It means that I was re-created from the DNA of a prehistoric hominid (Re-Creation with Modification), and not evolved from a prehistoric hominid (Descent with Modification).

Interesting...

Were you cloned?

Upvote 0

MisterBlackEye

Jun 1, 2018
The Bay
✟9,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the longer wavelength, lower energy (infrared) rays are more easily absorbed/diffused by the atmosphere.

Ok I'm no geometry genius but I'm going to assume a couple things...

The world curves spherically going east or west and so does the atmosphere.

The point I'm trying to make is there is not really much extra atmosphere looking straight ahead compared to over head because it curves away looking straight ahead.

But the impact of the heat is much more strongly felt when the sun is over head than when its straight ahead even though the thickness of the atmosphere is almost the same looking both ways.

So I don't think the extra atmosphere filtration argument is the correct explanation.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,642.00
Faith
Atheist
The point I'm trying to make is there is not really much extra atmosphere looking straight ahead compared to over head because it curves away looking straight ahead.
That's incorrect. The atmospheric distance is significantly greater at sunrise or sunset. The curvature of the Earth (radius ~4,000 miles) is small compared to the depth of the atmosphere (~300 miles), so the difference in path length is more than 3 to 1.

My tentative earlier explanation was incorrect - according to ScienceBlogs, the shorter wavelengths are scattered more (Rayleigh scattering), leaving the longer, redder wavelengths, making the sun look red. But the difference in atmospheric distance travelled is sufficient to account for the difference in perceived heat.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
In observing the online chatter in various Christian forums over time, I have come to see that many claim the body of Jesus Christ did literally die and then ressurect back to life.

If this is literally a true or accurate claim, then do you think resurrection is a faith based conversation or a science based conversation?

It seems to me, if the claim is accurate, the conversation should shift from faith to science.

I am interested what people here might have to say...

I expect the scientific types will deny ressurection is possible, and the religious types will deny any scientific discussion about resurrection is possible...

I wonder why this is the case...
The mortal body of Jesus didn't resurrect, rather the person of Jesus or Christ Michael, who returned in the form that man will resurrect in on the mansion worlds. Only the mortal body of Jesus died, it was dissolved, returned to the elements.

Returning in the new form, a higher form, Jesus now appears and disappears in plain sight. He appears in locked rooms speaks to all assembled and then vanishes. That's not a carbon based being.

View media item 59132View media item 59208

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hmm... Not sure what sun you are looking at. As long as the sun is above the horizon it appears intensely bright.

Do you deny this?

Seems interesting how some people in these "science" forums deny things that are going on all the time in front of their eyes...
I don't deny it, it's wrong.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ok I'm no geometry genius but I'm going to assume a couple things...

The world curves spherically going east or west and so does the atmosphere.

But the impact of the heat is much more strongly felt when the sun is over head than when its straight ahead even though the thickness of the atmosphere is almost the same looking both ways.

So I don't think the extra atmosphere filtration argument is the correct explanation.
And the point is wrong.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting...

Were you cloned?
Yes, I believe Adam was cloned (with modifications) from a prehistoric hominid, just as Eve was cloned (with modifications) from Adam.

The DNA humans share with apes is evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shard

The Echelon
Oct 19, 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
✟18,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The mortal body of Jesus didn't resurrect, rather the person of Jesus or Christ Michael, who returned in the form that man will resurrect in on the mansion worlds. Only the mortal body of Jesus died, it was dissolved, returned to the elements.

Returning in the new form, a higher form, Jesus now appears and disappears in plain sight. He appears in locked rooms speaks to all assembled and then vanishes. That's not a carbon based being.

View media item 59132View media item 59208

Oh you're into some nutjob Urantia book stuff. No wonder all your posts are so woefully misinformed.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus’ own family thought he was a nut job.
Until after the resurrection.

Then His half-brother wrote a book showing how you can spot a real Christian a mile away.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Until after the resurrection.

Then His half-brother wrote a book showing how you can spot a real Christian a mile away.
Who was Jesus' half brother?

Jesus said that "he who is not against us is with us". But you are Baptist, they may tend to overlook things in the Bible like that.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who was Jesus' half brother?
James
Colter said:
Jesus said that "he who is not against us is with us".
Does that include Urantians?
Colter said:
But you are Baptist, they may tend to overlook things in the Bible like that.
John the Baptist was a fundamental independent Baptist; and what did Jesus say of him?

Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
James

Does that include Urantians?

John the Baptist was a fundamental independent Baptist; and what did Jesus say of him?

Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Nonsence! John the Baptist would be horrified if he knew what happened to the original gospel of Jesus had he ever had a chance to learn it. He would have nothing to do with the science deniers in the denomination named in his honor.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nonsence! John the Baptist would be horrified if he knew what happened to the original gospel of Jesus had he ever had a chance to learn it. He would have nothing to do with the science deniers in the denomination named in his honor.
Meaning he would agree with Pandoria* today that Jesus was a great ape?

* My new word for the academic infrastructure of the world.

Colleges, universities, schools, users of the scientific method, cults, philosophies, etc.

Anything and everything that contradicts or ridicules the Bible.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Meaning he would agree with Pandoria* today that Jesus was a great ape?

* My new word for the academic infrastructure of the world.

Colleges, universities, schools, users of the scientific method, cults, philosophies, etc.

Anything and everything that contradicts or ridicules the Bible.
Anything that contradicts or ridicules the Bible??? That would included the Bible as it contradicts itself.

Anyway, let’s stick with the topic please.

Upvote 0