Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I apologise if there's a thread already about this subject. I would like to know if you guys and gals believe in angels and if you've had any experiences with them.
Both the Bible and the testimony of the Church Fathers attest to angels being real. When you say 'believe in angels', are you referring to some specific aspect of angels?

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course. The Bible mentions angels many times. Why would we not believe they exist?

Personally I do have some angel stories.
  • Driving through the Canadian Rocky Mountains one winter, in the dark, there came a very heavy snowstorm, such that we could drive no faster than about 30 or 40 kmph (not mph) and see no more than 10 feet in front of us. The snow accumulated on the road probably about 6 or 8 inches so we couldn't see the lines, but only the thick snowflakes reflecting in our headlights in front of us. It was mesmerizing. The minivan spun out. We did two full spins before coming to rest just before smashing into the rock wall to our right. Luckily we spun out at a road side rest point so there was more space. On the left of the road was a steep drop. Anyway, after the spin out we prayed that the Lord would get us safely through the storm and when we looked up from our prayer, two red tail lights pulled up in front of us and stopped. Then the tail lights started pulling ahead, so we followed. Through the thick snow all we could see was these two red tail lights and we followed them all the way into the next town, where the tail lights suddenly disappeared. We were safe and I believe an angel guided us through the storm.

• My brother relayed this story to me. As a teenager he was at a Christian youth camp but he had no friends. During a church service he was the only person in the pew because nobody wanted to sit with him and felt extremely alone in this crowded church. Then as the sermon began he noticed out of the corner of his eye that somebody had come to sit next to him and that made him feel a lot better. After the service, he turned to introduce himself but the person was gone. He believes it was an angel sent to keep him company.

• Driving down the street just last year I approached an intersection where the light was green, but oncoming traffic was coming to turn left in front of me. At the same time a large truck travelling in the same direction as I was, was turning left and therefore blocking the view of the oncoming traffic turning left in front of me. This was a multi lane road and I was in the left lane. As I approached the intersection, with the big truck in the turning lane to my left, I could just see the corner of an oncoming car that was turning left in front of me but then suddenly slammed on the brakes. I realized that he must've seen the car that was driving beside me in the curb lane and that caused him to stop before turning left in front of us. We would've surely crashed. As I turned my head to look at the driver of the car next to me, I noticed that there was no car. There also was no car in my rear view mirror, nor was there any place where he could've turned off the road. Remember, this car went through the intersection with me at the same time. I believe that was an angel making sure I got through the intersection safely.

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Both the Bible and the testimony of the Church Fathers attest to angels being real. When you say 'believe in angels', are you referring to some specific aspect of angels?

Sorry I meant like do you believe in them personally?

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Of course. The Bible mentions angels many times. Why would we not believe they exist?

Personally I do have some angel stories.
  • Driving through the Canadian Rocky Mountains one winter, in the dark, there came a very heavy snowstorm, such that we could drive no faster than about 30 or 40 kmph (not mph) and see no more than 10 feet in front of us. The snow accumulated on the road probably about 6 or 8 inches so we couldn't see the lines, but only the thick snowflakes reflecting in our headlights in front of us. It was mesmerizing. The minivan spun out. We did two full spins before coming to rest just before smashing into the rock wall to our right. Luckily we spun out at a road side rest point so there was more space. On the left of the road was a steep drop. Anyway, after the spin out we prayed that the Lord would get us safely through the storm and when we looked up from our prayer, two red tail lights pulled up in front of us and stopped. Then the tail lights started pulling ahead, so we followed. Through the thick snow all we could see was these two red tail lights and we followed them all the way into the next town, where the tail lights suddenly disappeared. We were safe and I believe an angel guided us through the storm.

• My brother relayed this story to me. As a teenager he was at a Christian youth camp but he had no friends. During a church service he was the only person in the pew because nobody wanted to sit with him and felt extremely alone in this crowded church. Then as the sermon began he noticed out of the corner of his eye that somebody had come to sit next to him and that made him feel a lot better. After the service, he turned to introduce himself but the person was gone. He believes it was an angel sent to keep him company.

• Driving down the street just last year I approached an intersection where the light was green, but oncoming traffic was coming to turn left in front of me. At the same time a large truck travelling in the same direction as I was, was turning left and therefore blocking the view of the oncoming traffic turning left in front of me. This was a multi lane road and I was in the left lane. As I approached the intersection, with the big truck in the turning lane to my left, I could just see the corner of an oncoming car that was turning left in front of me but then suddenly slammed on the brakes. I realized that he must've seen the car that was driving beside me in the curb lane and that caused him to stop before turning left in front of us. We would've surely crashed. As I turned my head to look at the driver of the car next to me, I noticed that there was no car. There also was no car in my rear view mirror, nor was there any place where he could've turned off the road. Remember, this car went through the intersection with me at the same time. I believe that was an angel making sure I got through the intersection safely.

Thanks for sharing, what amazing experiences. :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If we believe that the Scriptures are true, then we must believe in angels.

My experiences have not been so impossible that I would say they could not have been anything else. But certainly, I believe in angels in general, and I believe I have my own Guardian Angel.

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If we believe that the Scriptures are true, then we must believe in angels.

My experiences have not been so impossible that I would say they could not have been anything else. But certainly, I believe in angels in general, and I believe I have my own Guardian Angel.
Agreed. However, some have much more defined beliefs in angels than we do (even though we have much more defined beliefs than my previous church did!), and I wasn't sure if WinterRose meant something more definitive :)

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I apologise about the title as I wasn't sure if everyone believed in angels.
No worries! I would think there are varying degrees of beliefs about angels among the members of Traditional Theology. It sounds like an interesting thread.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I meant like do you believe in them personally?
I don't have any experiences that I can point to and say "that was because an angel was there". However, I do believe that God has angels minister to us and that I have a guardian angel. I also believe that all that an angel does is through the power God gives, not through their own power.

It is a comforting thought to know that God cares about us so much that He desires to have angels minister to us here on earth and to help strengthen us in our spiritual trials.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Agreed. However, some have much more defined beliefs in angels than we do (even though we have much more defined beliefs than my previous church did!), and I wasn't sure if WinterRose meant something more definitive :)

Hi All4Christ, sorry I wasn't very clear. I ask as I'm a Catholic and wasn't sure if some churches had more defined beliefs in others than others. Also like in an individual way, for example do you believe in angels more than someone else you know.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi All4Christ, sorry I wasn't very clear. I ask as I'm a Catholic and wasn't sure if some churches had more defined beliefs in others than others. Also like in an individual way, for example do you believe in angels more than someone else you know.
Please don't think I was taking it in a bad way...I just wanted to make sure I was answering the question you were asking correctly.

As an Orthodox Christian, I do believe in angels personally, and there are many more theological beliefs about Angels in our tradition than there were in my past church (Evangelical). My other post explains a bit more. [emoji846]

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Please don't think I was taking it in a bad way...I just wanted to make sure I was answering the question you were asking correctly.

As an Orthodox Christian, I do believe in angels personally, and there are many more theological beliefs about Angels in our tradition than there were in my past church (Evangelical). My other post explains a bit more. [emoji846]

I understand what you meant, but sometimes I'm not very good at explaining things lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And my apologies if I sounded short or anything. I certainly didn't mean to. I'm out of town and just have a moment here and there to read and post. :)

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And my apologies if I sounded short or anything. I certainly didn't mean to. I'm out of town and just have a moment here and there to read and post. :)

Sounds like a great trip...hope you have a wonderful time! So glad you are feeling better.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I suppose if you dig into exactly what different traditions teach, you probably would wind up with lots of differences between them. I can't compare Catholicism to Orthodoxy, because that was something I never got around to exploring the teaching on as far as the Catholic doctrine.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a great trip...hope you have a wonderful time! So glad you are feeling better.
Great so far ... :)

Weird. - I was replying to this: "You'll have to let us know how it goes!"

:)

Thanks btw!

I should probably be getting to sleep instead of on the forum tho. :D

Upvote 0