Do you believe Donald Trump is a Christian?

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the things I heard Franklin Graham say during Trump's first inauguration was that [Trump] was a righteous man.
Personally, I believe something happened during those early meetings after he was elected that caused Graham to say that. Maybe they prayed together. Maybe Trump made a profession of faith. IDK. But I do know, Graham isn't the type of guy to say something like that arbitrarily or for mere politics.

Now some of you may be wondering (like I did), where is the fruit of such a thing? But then it was brought to my reminder of how fleshly and carnal new converts can be. As a professing believer, can you say any different after you were born-again? If it's true that Trump is a Christian (and I believe he is) then we must give him room to grow while being patient with him. Sure, he has his flaws and lets words slip. But look at his record. 1. A booming economy (before Covid) And still hasn't been as bad as it could be (after Covid)

2. The much lauded prison reform

3. Establishing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel & the peace treaty w/ Sudan and Israel
(Remember what God said about how he will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse them)

4. Making SC decisions to overturn Roe vs. Wade.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't think God intervened in the last election putting Trump in charge, then I don't know what to tell you.
Thousands of people got on their faces and earnestly prayed that Hillary would be defeated. This nation would not be the nation she is now if she would have won the election. What I submit to you is that the same goes for this race in November.

I'm talking to Christians. Because I know God has let the buck stop at us. (Judgment will first start at the household of God.) I realize there are many on this board who claim to be genuine believers but are not. I'm working on those one by one each time I log on here. But now is the time. Don't be like the children of Israel who wanted a king that wasn't according to God's own heart. They paid dearly for choosing Saul. And we will too if we do not vote according to what we know is right and godly. Homosexuality is sin. Abortion is sin. If it were up to Biden those things would run even MORE rampant in this country. Yes, Donald Trump has his flaws. But on those two issues alone, is the reason why we as Christians should vote Trump.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
One of the things I heard Franklin Graham say during Trump's first inauguration was that [Trump] was a righteous man.
Personally, I believe something happened during those early meetings after he was elected that caused Graham to say that. Maybe they prayed together. Maybe Trump made a profession of faith. IDK. But I do know, Graham isn't the type of guy to say something like that arbitrarily or for mere politics.

Now some of you may be wondering (like I did), where is the fruit of such a thing? But then it was brought to my reminder of how fleshly and carnal new converts can be. As a professing believer, can you say any different after you were born-again? If it's true that Trump is a Christian (and I believe he is) then we must give him room to grow while being patient with him. Sure, he has his flaws and lets words slip. But look at his record. 1. A booming economy (before Covid) And still hasn't been as bad as it could be (after Covid)

3. Establishing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel & the peace treaty w/ Sudan and Israel
(Remember what God said about how he will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse them)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't think God intervened in the last election putting Trump in charge, then I don't know what to tell you.
Thousands of people got on their faces and earnestly prayed that Hillary would be defeated. This nation would not be the nation she is now if she would have won the election. What I submit to you is that the same goes for this race in November.

I'm talking to Christians. Because I know God has let the buck stop at us. (Judgment will first start at the household of God.) I realize there are many on this board who claim to be genuine believers but are not. I'm working on those one by one each time I log on here. But now is the time. Don't be like the children of Israel who wanted a king that wasn't according to God's own heart. They paid dearly for choosing Saul. And we will too if we do not vote according to what we know is right and godly. Homosexuality is sin. Abortion is sin. If it were up to Biden those things would run even MORE rampant in this country. Yes, Donald Trump has his flaws. But on those two issues alone, is the reason why we as Christians should vote Trump.
God calls all sorts of people, Trump could be a Christian, but I can't tell it by the way he conducts himself. I'll go with "I don't know" since only God knows that.

As far as the politics expressed in the above post. I find it discouraging that regulating sexuality is the meat of the issues for Christian politics, when God always put priority on assisting those less fortunate when push comes to shove. This was behind the tenor of James' "faith without works is dead" statement.

So generally, reading obsessive focus on sexual issues kind of tells me where the faith is at - and I am forced to move on since God's agenda is not represented.

Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Truthfully I think it is dicey and I say it as a Trump supporter. Back in the 90s, I had these arguments with this uncle who grew up in Czechoslavakia who had many personality similarities to Trump (and he admired Trump, who I disliked until watching the Apprentice in 2004). The guy at different times, sort of wanted to put me on the spot because to him it looked like my life was going nowhere. I was working survival jobs and taking part time classes at an extension of Fuller Theological Seminary. And my uncle had a similar kind of an ego as Trumps. but rather than just talk about how he was the smart one, etc. it was inclusive to the rest of the refuge side of my family (my dad was also smart etc.). Anyway uncle Mike sort of thought he knew everything about everything; because he was successful in his career and other pursuits, but he had that over confidence to think he also knew about everything else even things he never really studied!

Anyway on one big extended family dinner time when my uncle Hans was visiting from Germany, after drinking a number of glasses of wine uncle Mike sort of wants to pick an argument with me, where he basically insinuated I was wasting my time studying Theology, Divinity etc. And basically that led me to a discussion of the Christian Faith, and heaven. He basically had an idea that "if you were a good person you go to heaven" notion of things (You get to go to heaven automatically unless you are an obvious bad person like a hardened criminal murderer). And well I used that as an opportunity to take him to task! Because you see my family coming originally from Czechoslovakia is Lutheran, and for anyone who has gone to Confirmation / Catechism class that is not the Christian doctrine at all. And I really laid that out to him largely out of spite. Because for the last number of years, I was always feeling inferior and this was one time to turn the tables on him.

Anyway as I said, I've seen Trump say similar things about "being a good person" where I think he has likewise absorbed the Humanist Gospel. I do see some signs of hope. He listens to people and seems genuinely touched by some of his minister friends when they pray for him etc. My uncle changed his ways and ideas about the faith, largely due to his son who began attending a Bible Church and got my uncle to eventually start going too so I think there is also hope for Trump.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Given what he said when he was campaigning in 2016, I don't believe he was at that time. He's had certain Christians around him since, so it's possible that he might have converted, but I haven't seen fruit of repentance in his public statements.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump is a Christian like Obama is a Muslim.

This statement is likely true because it seems Trump may be actually a Christian, just as Obama is indeed likely to be a Muslim.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Nope. The idea that Republicans are religious, and that Democrats care about the little people is just how the game is played, the only goal is to maximize gaining those votes. Indirectly however that could still be a real reason to vote one way or the other, policy is policy regardless of sincerity. But I can’t believe that so many believe that these politicians are actually sincere.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I do know, Graham isn't the type of guy to say something like that arbitrarily or for mere politics.

I don't believe Graham's support for an amoral leader has any basis in scripture. I don't know what motivates him but it's certainly not based on ethics or Christian values.

Trump has exposed today's American Evangelicals for what many are - nationalists seeking political power in an earthly kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,410.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ultimately God Knows...

However those of the faith who have been close to him like James Dobson, think that he is... a 'baby one' at that...

He reminds me of a 'Peter' swearing at those who dared suggest he was a friend of Jesus, but was called and used just the same.

His hyper faith theology from Pastor N V Peal does nothing for me.

I have always said faith produces positive confession, but positive confession does not produce faith.

Is He an instrument God is using to Bless America ? definitely Yes...

Does He get everything right ? No... nor do I...

God bless America - the world needs its stabilising influence.

God bless Trump - and grant him a personal encounter with the almighty that will render him more humble and even speechless for a time.

Phew...

Next...

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe Graham's support for an amoral leader has any basis in scripture. I don't know what motivates him but it's certainly not based on ethics or Christian values.

Trump has exposed today's American Evangelicals for what many are - nationalists seeking political power in an earthly kingdom.

Twas ever thus, so I'd hardly say they were 'exposed' post-2016. This is really not new, they've just upped the scale at which they've sold out.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see some goodness in him, in that he seems to geuinely hate politicians, and I have to admit, he is far from the average politician, and certianly not politically correct. He really does love the country and wants the best for it... I've little doubt about that.

I to doubt his Christianity, but that comment from the OP on Grahm is very interesting, and im glad to hear it. If he stays in office, I think the country will benefit greatly, even if its just from his business sense. Of course if that happens, the dems will hate him even more, but oh well. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
In a country that's home to prosperity doctrine, it's no surprise that people would find a man who surrounds himself with solid gold furnishings as a man of God. People don't seem to realise his god goes by the name of Mammon, I guess. Maybe they do, and just don't care.

As long as the ends justify the means, I suppose.

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nah. He's just found a group of people who are bigger marks than he is.

Trump gets conned on the international stage with regularity, but evangelicals got conned by him.

And given how much they have sold out, and how often they screw up, it is remarkable that they think they have any right to be taken seriously at all.

(I do find it highly ironic that these Christians can decide that even an obvious non-Christian like Trump can still be used by God - but not the millions of unsaved non-Christians, atheists and agnostics telling them that they're screwing the pooch badly on this one. Somehow that message can't be God using nonbelievers to drop them a hint, for...some reason!)

Once they are out of office again, the decent thing to do would be for them not to raise their voice in public again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

The Russians handed the election to Trump by their intervention in 2016. He requested their help -- "Russia, if you're listening..." and they give it to him. I totally agree that this nation would not be the nation it is now if she would have won the election. It would be much better off!

Homosexuality is sin. Abortion is sin. Adultery is a sin: Trump is a thrice-married adulterer who hires prostitutes then tries to cover that up by bribery.

"I realize there are many on this board who claim to be genuine believers but are not." And your evidence for this statement is? (Aside from your own prejudice)

I agree that we shouldn't be like the children of Israel who wanted a king that wasn't according to God's own heart. They paid dearly for choosing Saul, and we have paid dearly for Trump.

God is giving us the chance next week to throw him and his sin out of office.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
At best, Trump is a Christian of convenience in order to get elected. I have seen nothing Christian in his history either past or present.

Trump is a Machiavellian.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont know whats truly in his heart. His actions dont reflect those of a devoted Christian but we are all made in the image of God and God loves Trump just as much as he loves me so its wrong to harbor hatred in the heart towards him

I do wish the white evangelicals would be more out spoken instead of brushing aside some of the things Trump has done and said. I believe they didnt have as much popularity before Trump and have capitalized off his presidency. I dont want to judge whats in their hearts but i pray God can make Franklin Graham, Greg Laurie, Pastor Jeffers and all the evangelicals see that they aren't serving him first, they are serving themselves and politics first

Unfortunately someone very close to me has fallen for the bait and loves the fact that Trump has all the evangelicals supporting him. Hes not the only one, if you watch fox news and listen to conservative radio stations enough they will reshape your views which is why i only spend a little time hearing the liberal and conservative views, most of my time is spent studying the word of God and listening to sermons

If a news source doesnt regard God in the way they present the news, it is very likely anyone that spends alot of time watching or listening to it will be influenced by it and end up hating the side thats opposite

So many people are partial towards minorities and dont realize it. On the other side, so many are filled with hatred and bitterness towards Trump and its like they are sick...they are going around infecting others that are vulnerable. Vulnerable people are those that build on sand instead of rock as well as kids that dont know better

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Russians handed the election to Trump by their intervention in 2016. He requested their help -- "Russia, if you're listening..." and they give it to him. I totally agree that this nation would not be the nation it is now if she would have won the election. It would be much better off!

Homosexuality is sin. Abortion is sin. Adultery is a sin: Trump is a thrice-married adulterer who hires prostitutes then tries to cover that up by bribery.

"I realize there are many on this board who claim to be genuine believers but are not." And your evidence for this statement is? (Aside from your own prejudice)

I agree that we shouldn't be like the children of Israel who wanted a king that wasn't according to God's own heart. They paid dearly for choosing Saul, and we have paid dearly for Trump.

God is giving us the chance next week to throw him and his sin out of office.
That was never proven neither were most of the accusations.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.