Do You Believe All Will Be Resurrected Bodily?

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you reconcile THIS:
The bible talks about the great dinner, dinner its something human bodies do.

With THIS?:
the bible say 'animal body dies, and we get an spiritual one' so its not going to be a body like this one we have on earth.

• Useful
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,908.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you reconcile THIS:

With THIS?:

What i meant is the body is not of flesh and blood, its spiritual, but still like Jesus he could eat fish and be touched and touch, we also could have the dinner with those bodies.

• Useful
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What i meant is the body is not of flesh and blood, its spiritual, but still like Jesus he could eat fish and be touched and touch, we also could have the dinner with those bodies.

Yet again, after the ascension, Jesus' Body (the one He has today) is nothing like the body you cite that could "eat fish and be touched"... rather it is "a light" as well as a "seven eyed, seven horned Lamb", and also a man with "forged bronze feet, white woolen hair and flaming eyes of fire".

Obviously none of these accurate depictions of His present, heavenly body, are anything at all like His post resurrection, pre ascension Body.

So, why should we appeal to the attributes of His pre ascension body He is no longer depicted as having, as evidence for what our resurrected heavenly bodies will be like, when, according to scripture, His own present, heavenly body is SIGNIFICANTLY different from the Body He had before the cloud received Him?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,908.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet again, after the ascension, Jesus' Body (the one He has today) is nothing like the body you cite that could "eat fish and be touched"... rather it is "a light" as well as a "seven eyed, seven horned Lamb", and also a man with "forged bronze feet, white woolen hair and flaming eyes of fire".

Obviously none of these accurate depictions of His present, heavenly body, are anything at all like His post resurrection, pre ascension Body.

So, why should we appeal to the attributes of His pre ascension body as evidence for what our resurrected heavenly bodies will be like, when, according to scripture, His own present, heavenly body is SIGNIFICANTLY different from the Body He had before the cloud received Him?

Those description could be to show some spiritual meaning, i don't know when you see Jesus in heaven you will see a lion and a lamb at the same time right?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
when you see Jesus in heaven you will see a lion and a lamb at the same time right?

John absolutely did.
I find no scriptural instruction to indicate I will see otherwise.
Do you?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,908.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John absolutely did.
I find no scriptural instruction to indicate I will see otherwise.
Do you?

So he will appear as all the visions of him at the same time? or that was just spiritual meaning?
I don't see what a lamb with all that, and a lion has to do with each other as someone body.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So he will appear as all the visions of him at the same time? or that was just spiritual meaning?

Are those our only two options?

I don't see what a lamb with all that, and a lion has to do with each other as someone body.

I'm certain when we get there, we'll understand.
For now, ours is simply to read the word of God, and Believe, and not teach otherwise..

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Are those our only two options
I have really enjoyed following your discussion this afternoon. It has been excellent.
You two are basically role models for the forum. Do the two of you hold discussions often?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, something rises when all who are in their graves hear the voice of the Son of God and come out--those who have done good rise to live, and those who have done bad rise to be condemned (Jn 5:28-29).

In the case of the good, it will be physical spiritual (sinless) bodies that rise, as was Jesus' resurrected body.
I suspect the bodies of those who have done bad will not be spiritual (glorified), but will be the body that died.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I feel in order to accept "proven beyond a shadow of doubt", I have to accept when you feel a word
is being used figuratively, and your interpretation of context, and Greek usage. I find this untenable.
Did you read the first section.#1.
Because if you didn’t there is no point in me having a conversation with you about this. We can all prove anything we want by selectively picking out some scriptures on a subject that on the surface fit our notions or traditions. Section #1 Goes over the scripture, that in your case is the other side of the story. You have to be able to fit THOSE scriptures into your doctrine to make your doctrine true
So when your ready to explain away those scriptures I listed. Then I’ll be ready to continue this conversation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 15:
12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some
among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.
14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.
15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God
that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.
16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.
17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!
18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

Answer: good and bad will rise bodily to be judged:

Joh 5:28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice

Joh 5:29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It will be spiritual (sinless, glorious, powerful, imperishable), rather
than natural (sinful, dishonorable, weak, perishable), but
both the natural and the spiritual bodies are physical,
as were Jesus' natural body and his spiritual resurrection body.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,908.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The deal is, Jesus doesn’t have a body of flesh and blood, now.

It’s flesh and bone. Luke 24:39

But its 'special' spiritual flesh and bones?, or we could be killed again? or feel pain? or need to breath? i say it could be an 'spiritual flesh and bones body' i don't know.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OP question: Do You Believe All Will Be Resurrected Bodily?

OP ended with 1 Cor 15:19. The next 3 verses answer the OP question. YES!

1 Cor 15:
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
(NOTE: Christ raised 1st - Done)

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
(NOTE: Adams sin receives the death sentence, for himself & ALL humanity. Christ's sin payment will provide EVERY human that died to partake in a resurrection. Some to eternal life with God & others eternal separation from their creator God)

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
(NOTE: Every body dies & EVERYBODY will be resurrected.) Peace JJ

But not everyone will be happy when resurrected:

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Did you read the first section.#1.
I did. Post 34 was in response to #
4. Then resurrection depending on the context is used illustratively to describe those who are "dead" in sin yet physically alive, becoming "alive" to God or resurrected. In other words a "spiritual" resurrection that occurs while still in our body.

Where is spiritual rebirth ever referred to as a resurrection?

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But its 'special' spiritual flesh and bones?, or we could be killed again? or feel pain? or need to breath? i say it could be an 'spiritual flesh and bones body' i don't know.

Its an immortal body, same as the redeemed get.

Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did. Post 34 was in response to #
4. Then resurrection depending on the context is used illustratively to describe those who are "dead" in sin yet physically alive, becoming "alive" to God or resurrected. In other words a "spiritual" resurrection that occurs while still in our body.

Where is spiritual rebirth ever referred to as a resurrection?
Ephesians 5:13. But all things that are reproved are made known by the light: for what ever make it known is light. 14. Therefore he says, Awake you that sleep, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light. Colossians 2:12. Buried with him in baptism, where in also you are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who has raised him from the dead. 13. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, has he made alive together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Chapter 3:1. If you then are risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ephesians 5:13. But all things that are reproved are made known by the light: for what ever make it known is light. 14. Therefore he says, Awake you that sleep, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light. Colossians 2:12. Buried with him in baptism, where in also you are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who has raised him from the dead. 13. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, has he made alive together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Chapter 3:1. If you then are risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God.
So rebirth gives a spiritual body in heaven, correct?

John 5:
and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.
Now we see the hour is coming for a resurrection from the graves, to life, or condemnation, for this
resurrection pertains to the end of the age and to Judgment.
Are you saying that John 5:27-30 is not a final resurrection at the end of the age, but an
immediate occurrence for all at death?

Are you saying that John 5:27-30 is not a final resurrection at the end of the age, but an immediate occurrence for all at death?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 15:
12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some
among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.
14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.
15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God
that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.
16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.
17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!
18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.
Some bodies will be risen to incorruptibility and some to corruptibility, but yeah - bodily resurrection is core to the Christian message and distinctive to the era it started in. Full bodily resurrection was an insane idea for it's time.

Upvote 0