Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Speaking as a scientist, I can say that intelligent aliens are a possibility. But don't hold your breath. It might be centuries or even much longer before any sort of contact. I am not speaking here of imaginary "aliens". That being said, the possibility of lower forms of life on other planets is more than a possibility.

When Adam sinned, he threw the whole universe into a fallen state.

If there are aliens out there (other than angels), and I highly doubt it; but if there are, they are in a fallen state, just as we are.

That incudes their intellects.

So I wouldn't expect any visits -- ever.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When Adam sinned, he threw the whole universe into a fallen state.

If there are aliens out there (other than angels), and I highly doubt it; but if there are, they are in a fallen state, just as we are.

That incudes their intellects.

So I wouldn't expect any visits -- ever.
Hmmm! Well, that touched a raw nerve since I once wrote a whole space opera novel in which certain aliens had not suffered a fall from grace. I guess I did not consider the concept of the whole universe suffering a negative transformation due to the fall of mankind and that such a change would include aliens who had nothing to do with Adam's choice. The whole concept still seems alien, [no pun intended] to me. If indeed such a change did occur then I would imagine that it would be allowed to occur to a universe which was totally bereft of intelligent life made in God's image. Otherwise that negative change would constitute an injustice and there is no injustice with God but each reaps whatever he sows and not what others [in this case Adam] had sown.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm! Well, that touched a raw nerve since I once wrote a whole space opera novel in which certain aliens had not suffered a fall from grace. I guess I did not consider that the concept that the whole universe suffered a change due to the fall of mankind and that such a change would include aliens who had nothing to do with Adam's choice. The whole concept still seems alien, [no pun intended] to me. If indeed such a change did occur then I would imagine that it would be allowed to occur to a universe which was totally bereft of intelligent life made in God's image. Otherwise that negative change would constitute an injustice and there is no injustice with God but each reaps whatever he sows and not what others [in this case Adam] had sown.
Well ... if there are aliens out there ... I don't think they would have souls and spirits like we do, else they would be in need of redemption through the blood of Jesus Christ, just as we do.

The idea of dying on the Cross here on earth for aliens on other planets is something I can't wrap my head around.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well ... if there are aliens out there ... I don't think they would have souls and spirits like we do, else they would be in need of redemption through the blood of Jesus Christ, just as we do.

The idea of dying on the Cross here on earth for aliens on other planets is something I can't wrap my head around.
I'm not 100% certain of the meaning of the Hebrew word nephesh which is translated as soul in English. Some biblical scholars contend that it's meaning doesn't involve any invisible essence within us. They cite scriptures which show the word nephesh referring to be the person himself, animals, as having blood, as experiencing hunger, as being killed by the sword, as dying etcetera.

But if indeed it does, there really isn't any necessary causal connection between the possession of a soul and the obligatory need for redemption unless the aliens had chosen to sin. In short, having a soul does not necessarily lead to sin. What led to sin was to sin was the voluntary choice of Adam who had become a living soul, nephesh, after receiving the breath of life ruah.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ambassadorOT_zpsb490d551.jpg

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Even if they do exist, the distances involved mean that we would never be shaking hands with them. As for communication, even if there were aliens living on a planet orbiting Alpha Proxima, it would take a radio wave nine years to make the round trip - always assuming that they had the good sense to speak English.

Of course, they might have left something as stone age as radio communication behind long ago, and they now communicate with other members of the inter stellar club using means which we can't even conceive of.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lemme guess - you're a Matt Dillahunty fan? :p

I won't rule out that that's where I heared the guilty/innocent analogy, but I don't clearly remember :)

But when it comes to that show, my favorite host is actually Tracie Harris. Although Matt can really nail it down at times for sure! :)
And Jeff Dee is the king of rants! :d

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Cleaned

full

I have just done a LARGE clean.

This thread went majorly off topic to debating atheists/agnostics vs Christians vs suspension of belief vs proof of scripture, etc.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC FOR THIS THREAD

Some of these posts were flaming as well. These have been removed. Even if you disagree, whether on topic or not, you cannot flame. If you are flamed, do not flame back.

If your post has been removed, it was either in violation or quoting another post that was. Please remember the no-flaming rule of the forum and to stay on topic to the original topic. Please treat each other with respect, including during debates.

The full list of site rules can be found here.

Further issues with this thread may result in further cleans, a permanent shut down, and member staff actions.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't see why not. I don't think abductions happen though.
The question is why would God allow such interference on his Earth from creatures whom he created? Those who envision scenarios where Aliens are running rampant on Earth usually dismiss God as a non-caring entity or a nonentity,. However, for those of us who take the scriptures seriously we cannot envision any alien race running rampant on God's Earth and mankind at its total mercy. That would mean that God's clearly expressed plan for His Earth would have been thwarted and their is no power in our material universe or outside of it capable of thwarting the almighty.

Isaiah 43:13
"Even from eternity I am He, And there is none who can deliver out of My hand; I act and who can reverse it?"

Isaiah 14:27

For the LORD Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The question is why would God allow such interference on his Earth from creatures whom he created? Those who envision scenarios where Aliens are running rampant on Earth usually dismiss God as a non-caring entity or a nonentity,. However, for those of us who take the scriptures seriously we cannot envision any alien race running rampant on God's Earth and mankind at its total mercy. That would mean that God's planet the Earth would have been thwarted and their is no power I the universe capable of thwarting the almighty.

Maybe the same reasons, this god would allow all the natural disasters that have killed thousands. I dont see any reports of aliens knocking anybody off.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe the same reasons, this god would allow all the natural disasters that have killed thousands. I dont see any reports of aliens knocking anybody off.
That is a false analogy.
The things allowed are temporary and are serving a specific purpose for the resolution of the issues raised at Eden. In contrast, the scenario which some sci-fi writers depict and the possibility of alien invasions entertained by physicist are ones which completely go contrary to the biblical prophecies which speak of a paradise Earth which is to come.

2 Pet 3:13
But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is a false analogy.
The things allowed are temporary and are serving a specific purpose for the resolution of the issues raised at Eden. In contrast, the scenario which some sci-fi writers depict and the possibility of alien invasions entertained by physicist are ones which completely go contrary to the biblical prophecies which speak of a paradise Earth which is to come.

Why couldnt aliens serve a purpose?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They're demons.
Many of the manifestations which are reported as aliens very well might be of demonic origin.
The unpleasant encounter I had with a UFO left me with the very strong impression of a technologically superior machine under intelligent control. But then again what would keep Satan from mimicking such technology?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.