• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Do you attend church services regularly? Are you a member of a church? If so, why?

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by Jeffer, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Jeffer

Jeffer New Member

+0
    Do you attend church services regularly? Are you a member of a church? If so, why?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Blessed-one

Blessed-one a long journey ahead

+172
    Protestant
    Single
    yep, friday night for fellowship and sunday morning for service.

church is important.... going to church exposes us to a christian environment, so that we can help each other to grow spiritually. Besides, God uses all the good plus bad things that happen at church to teach us lessons. Also, going to a church teaches you that attitude of serving, like Jesus serving the disciples. There're lots of stuff one can learn from church (God).

3. Sharky

Sharky Rockin dude!

+158
    Christian
    I go every friday and sunday. Sometimes saturday. Church keeps me recharged. If i miss out one, i end up losing it for a while :).

4. JillLars

JillLars It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07

+108
    Lutheran
    Single
    I don't go to church as often as I would like to. I was confirmed Catholic so I am a member of my church in my hometown. I also attend a non-denominational church every now and then. I recharges me a lot, and helps me see the good in people, especially when I"m feeling down.

5. reeann

reeann Trust and Obey

+8
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    i'm searching for a chruch again. God does not need us to be in Church for Him; but to gather together because we NEED each other. I had fallen seriously away from being God minded since I have not attended a church regularly.

We need each other, we are designed that way imo :)

6. Anthony

Anthony Generic Christian

+42
    Christian
    We are all members of the same church :)

While we may each go to a different branch office, there is only one Church. ;)

7. Blessed-one

Blessed-one a long journey ahead

+172
    Protestant
    Single
    all God's children. :)

8. sbbqb7n16

sbbqb7n16 Veteran - Blue Bible Dude

+155
    Christian
    Single
    Wednesday night and Sunday: morning, afternoon, and night (church choir church)

I go because 1- I love the worship.... 2- I need the focus.... 3- I love the teaching

9. N2God

N2God Senior Veteran

+49
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    I go every sunday morning and night , and wednesday night.

10. reeann

reeann Trust and Obey

+8
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    hey, i really miss the small group prayer night of my church. We were teh same group every Wednesday but we just fit together. I really miss that, having God's people pray for you is very powerful.

11. kat37

kat37 New Member

+0
    i try to go to church every week-i think it's way important. you can get in touch w/ god just by getting on your knees :pray: but actually going to church is like food for your spirit.
    i was going to the church i go to for a few years before i officially became a member-i think membership is important in the sense that it's like youre a part of the family. i don't think that god cares if you're an official member of a church or not;)

12. Serving4Christ

Serving4Christ Humble Servant

+12
    Christian
    edited because of my goof...please read below ;)

13. Serving4Christ

Serving4Christ Humble Servant

+12
    Christian
    Maybe I over do it :scratch: , but I can't get enough of Church.  I enjoy the fellowship of a Monday night Men's Group!!  I enjoy the fellowship of a Tuesday night group.  Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday we have what we call FRONTLINE a praise and worship service only.  I enjoy going to church on Sunday, listening to the word of God, and serving God's children for communion and assisting with the gathering of the offering.  That afternoon my wife and I take a class to help us grow our kids God's way.

I also enjoy (when work affords the time) is Saturday feed the homeless in Acacia park.  That is the highlight of the week when I get there. :clap:

I can honestly say, 1 day a week of fellowship with my Brothers and Sisters just isn't enough!  I'm too weak as a person not to have that fellowship!  I will openly admit it.  They help keep me accountable.  So someday when I get to Heaven, the one thing I desire most is to hear, "Good job my faithful servant."

Because of what He did, 

14. Ratioann

Ratioann Regular Member

+0
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    I have been trying out a baptist place lately, but its very dull. I would really like to go to church more, but I don't know where to go.

15. DeputyDan

DeputyDan Member

+1
    Yes, I attend a friday morning men's accountability group. We have four different churches represented by our 8 members.

Presbyterian, Lutheran, Catholic and Christian Jews.

I also attend Sunday morning service and often teach Sunday School.

16. Wypadek

Wypadek Just call me Pad

+1
    Calvinist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I regularly attend church. Sunday mornings for sunday school and worship and Wedsndays for youth group (my last year of it, how sad! :cry: ;)) I am a member of my church because I really agree with the doctrine.

I feel regularly attending church is important, VERY important. Prolly cuz I don't get the normal fellowship at home, being the only christian in my home.

17. D.C

D.C Knight Protector

+2
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    My family and I go every Sunday. I look forward to going beacause I really enjoy myself and am able to see some very good friends.

18. HesMyAll

HesMyAll Senior Contributor

+1,832
    Pentecostal
    Private
    US-Republican
    I go to church every Friday evening and on Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings.  It is a one hour drive one way but well worth the time and effort to get there.  I try to never miss a service but if my daughter is sick then I have no choice.  I enjoy being with God's people; those of like precious faith.  There is a unity there that cannot be explained or compared to anything.

19. ph

ph New Member

+0
    I go every Sunday morning for Sunday School (which I'm in charge of) and Worship service; Sunday night for prayer service; on Tuesday another lady and I co-direct a kids' group while the adults are having Bible Study; we have a prayer - fellowship group that meets on Wednesday night, and I try to make it to any special services or meetings at other times.

I love my church; the people there are truly my family. I am not only fed spiritually, but I get a chance to help others grow as well by being part of the church's ministry.

20. EPHRIAM777

EPHRIAM777 A REAL NICE GUY..!

+2
    Jeffer said

Eph replies...

YES....
    YES....
    Why not...?

:confused: