Do you agree that christians should keep the 10 Commandments? (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nope, please read my post again very closely. I stated your postion not mine. One can't violate a superceded law having no jurisdiction.

I read your post and I'm just asking you, for clarification, if you believe someone can sin willingly and continue on in that sin and make it to heaven.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How is that possible when you "add" keeping the law?

-snip-

If you love Me, keep my commandments (John 14:15)

Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus (Revelation 14:12)

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city (Revelation 22:14)

That being said, let's not be hypocritical here. You may disagree with what law to keep, but scripture clearly points out that those who are saved are gonna be a bunch of law abiding folk.

So again, we teach that salvation is by grace through faith. Do you reject that?

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Originally posted by fromscratch
And it is! Jeremiah said God would do something and Matthew, Mark, and Luke recorded God's testimony that infeact He did. Paul said to throw out the law. What more can anyone ask for?

No it isn't
New style?

What do you mean No it isn't? I asked that both new covenants be identified if they aren't talking about the same thing. Can you do it? I doubt it very much. I've been for asking this information for a while now.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus (Revelation 14:12)

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city (Revelation 22:14)

That being said, let's not be hypocritical here. You may disagree with what law to keep, but scripture clearly points out that those who are saved are gonna be a bunch of law abiding folk.

So again, we teach that salvation is by grace through faith. Do you reject that?
What about John 15:10 that is ignored? What are the commandments of Jesus?

Whose commandments is Rev 22:14 talking about and what are they?

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
New style?

What do you mean No it isn't? I asked that both new covenants be identified if they aren't talking about the same thing. Can you do it? I doubt it very much. I've been for asking this information for a while now.

You never answered a lot of questions yourself. More in fact. Besides that I don't understand your question.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

I'm posting those verses to test the anti law people whether they understand it or not. Your comments above missed the point. Don't confuse, I don't need your comment against what I posted. All I want to know is can you or others who reject the law clarify the connection between those verses in such a way that takes out the seemingly contradiction by bringing it to harmony? Thus, a clarification to connect the verses into harmony, that what I want from you.

If no one can, I shall clarify it.
By all means please do. I'll go back and look. Yes I can and have. I notice that you haven't responedt to my post doing so.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What about John 15:10 that is ignored? What are the commandments of Jesus?

Whose commandments is Rev 22:14 talking about and what are they?

You missed the point entirely. I said that despite the fact that we can't agree which law, it's abundantly clear there is a law that is kept.

And I don't even see how one can asked a question regarding what Jesus' law is as if His law somehow differs from His Father's law. :doh:

Hey, did you ever answer my question to you about the sanctuary replica and what it means in regards to heavenly things?

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus and His Apostles teach us more than the 2 greatest commandments. Without the other commandments the 2Greatest Commandments can be interpreted to mean whatever our evil flesh wants them to mean. I think we need the other commandments to understand 2Greatest Cs. I don't think they were meant to be separated. I think they should always to be taught together, like Paul does in Romans 13

Ro 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Ro 13:9 For this,
Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Ro 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Mathew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Jesus and His Apostles taught more than the 2 greatest commandments. Without the other commandments the 2Greatest Commandments can be interpreted to mean whatever our evil flesh wants them to mean. I think we need the other commandments to understand 2Greatest Cs. I don't think they were meant to be separated. I think they should always to be taught together.
Please provide a discussion of what you mean. Thanks!

I have already provided discussion on the verses you cite and give no explanation of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sheina

Born Crucified
Mar 30, 2007
Mississippi
✟9,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Which "commandments" do you mean? In order to "proof-text" law-keeping, you pull all the verses with the word "commandments/commandment" out of context. This proves nothing. Scripture interprets scripture...and scripture teaches salvation by grace through faith with NO WORKS.

It's NOT with "WHAT" law to keep that I disagree, because you MUST keep them ALL COMPLETELY AND PERFECTLY or you are guilty of breaking them ALL. Do you keep them ALL?

What you are teaching is NOT salvation by grace through faith because by adding law-keeping, you have re-defined biblical grace. This is what I reject.

Biblical salvation is by grace ALONE, through faith ALONE, in Christ ALONE....without adding works.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

You missed the point entirely. I said that despite the fact that we can't agree which law, it's abundantly clear there is a law that is kept.

And I don't even see how one can asked a question regarding what Jesus' law is as if His law somehow differs from His Father's law. :doh:

Hey, did you ever answer my question to you about the sanctuary replica and what it means in regards to heavenly things?
The law that I subscribe to is - the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Indeed we subscribe to 2 differentnt things.

Jesus made that distinction, not me.

No. That is one area of SDA theology I haven't gotten into. And I think it is off topic in this thread.

Upvote 0

sheina

Born Crucified
Mar 30, 2007
Mississippi
✟9,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The law that I subscribe to is - the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Indeed we subscribe to 2 differentnt things.

No. That is one area of SDA theology I haven't gotten into. And I think it is off topic in this thread.
Amen!

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

I think the Investigative Judgment doctrine belongs on the SDA forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Please provide adiscussion of what you mean. Thanks!

I have already provided discussion on the verses you cite and give no explanation of.

The definition of Love is in the eye of the beholder without the commandments. There are many definitions of Love in the world. The commandments Jesus and the apostles teach make it very clear what love truly is to God. For this reason all commandments they teach should be learned.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Which "commandments" do you mean? In order to "proof-text" law-keeping, you pull all the verses with the word "commandments/commandment" out of context. This proves nothing. Scripture interprets scripture...and scripture teaches salvation by grace through faith with NO WORKS.

It's NOT with "WHAT" law to keep that I disagree, because you MUST keep them ALL COMPLETELY AND PERFECTLY or you are guilty of breaking them ALL. Do you keep them ALL?

What you are teaching is NOT salvation by grace through faith because by adding law-keeping, you have re-defined biblical grace. This is what I reject.

Biblical salvation is by grace ALONE, through faith ALONE, in Christ ALONE....without adding works.

Ok, so if I'm proof-texting, explain to me where I error. Please go through each of the verses I provided and explain what is meant. How were they taken out of context?

The fact is that scripture is clear, and when something clear goes against what your traditions have taught you, you accuse someone of proof-texting.

Am I proof-texting "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son..."?

Of course salvation is by grace alone, that has nothing to do with what was said though. Do you disagree with John when he said that faith without works is dead, or is that more proof-texting?

What is the context? What did the prophet mean when he said "Blessed are they that do His commandments?" Please show me where I erred.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Obviously I don't. And I don't subscribe to a superceded covenant that has no jurisdiction. One simply can't violate a superceded law.

That's fine. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. So with that being the case, to answer your question originally, I know that people who haven't kept the sabbath will be saved, just like people who have committed adultery will be saved.

God is judge and God convicts of sin. The sabbath has been so convoluted that the truth regarding it has been labeled as anything but. But God is gonna work all of that out in the end. Everyone who will be saved, will be saved by the mercy and grace of God. Period.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Jesus made what distinction? Didn't He say that "I and My Father are One"? Did He not also say that everything He did was because of the Father, and what the Father had instructed Him to do?

It's not about SDA theology. If you would take some time to look at it you'd clearly see the relevance considering this topic is about the ten commandments. Try this, just go the Most Holy Place. Take a look at what was in there and then apply that to what must be in heaven.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.