Do you agree that christians should keep the 10 Commandments? (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheina

Born Crucified
Mar 30, 2007
Mississippi
✟9,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not promoting the teaching of SDA but of the Scripture. :) :) :)

There are always many views about what is written, to find the truth, compare it to the bible itself, not to what you belief. That's what I do.

Can you refute any of what I wrote here regarding my view supported with text of the Scripture, using text also not just assumptions, but text with explanation. That's the way.
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, then it must be a duck. :doh:

There may be many views of the Scripture, but only ONE view can be right. So you compare your views to the Bible? What if the Bible contradicts your views? Do you dismiss the Bible?

I am REJECTING what you wrote here because I totally REJECT what the SDA church teaches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S

Studious One

Could you read your bible and understand what is written?

OK, read first Philippians 3:4-9 then continue with Romans 7:6-25, especially written in Rom. 7:9,10,13,14,22,23 and the solution in v. 25, what connection you get from that? What idea Paul give through this?

Of course those who break the commandment is under condemnation, cursed to death. Who is cursed is who didn't do the commandment, or breaking it, read James 2:10. But those who did keep it, they are not under curse, on the contrary, they are blessed, they are justified (Rom 2;13) and have the right to enter heaven to eat the fruit of life (Rev. 22;6).

Seems since you do not believe that you could keep the law perfectly, then you are not a law doers, you have no right to enter the kingdom of God and eat the fruit of life, for God could not justify you, on what base? On disbelief?
Nice twisting of the Word of God.

Paul clearly stated that those who are under the law are under the curse, yet you twist it to say those that don't obey the law are under the curse.

I understand why the Word of God says that some wrest Scriptures to their own destruction.

Paul clearly revealed that he broke the law after his Damascus Road experience. By your logic, Paul was condemned and not saved.

Sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheina
Upvote 0
Understanding that when written law it means teaching and not the torah. All of Gods word is His teaching. This is why we have to keep what is written in its full context of what is being written. Not just mine scripture to bend to our beliefs. Such as the ones who believe in putting themselves under the law in order to be righteous. By working the law to find justification before God.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Stryder why do you still insist I'm ignorant? You know better than that. I understand your position very well.

I guess for the same reason you think I'm ignorant. I never said you were ignorant Scratch. Stop making such assumptions. It doesn't help anyone.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is not what Paul is talking about in Romans 14. There is no reference to idol foods here.

It is reference by the word used. Again, if Paul was talking about regularly unclean meats He wouldn't have used the same word that is used to talk about ceremonial uncleanliness

Upvote 0

Deut 5:29

Dec 10, 2009
✟2,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice twisting of the Word of God to fit the SDA theology.

Paul clearly stated that those who are under the law are under the curse, yet you twist it to say those that don't obey the law are under the curse.

I understand why the Word of God says that some wrest Scriptures to their own destruction.

Paul clearly revealed that he broke the law after his Damascus Road experience. By your logic, Paul was condemned and not saved.

Sad.

Being "under the law" is being convicted and under the penalty imposed for breaking the law.
If one is obeying the law they are not under the law.
And, if Paul, or anyone else does not repent of breaking God's law they will find themselves under the law.

Upvote 0
Being "under the law" is being convicted and under the penalty imposed for breaking the law.
And, if Paul, or anyone else does not repent of breaking God's law they will find themselves under the law.
So how can one be in Christ and also under the law? We are not justified by obeying the torah.

Upvote 0

sheina

Born Crucified
Mar 30, 2007
Mississippi
✟9,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How can someone "repent" for being 'under the law"? Repent means to "turn away from"...so are we supposed to "turn away from" being "under the law"?

Your statement is very confusing, to say the least.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, then it must be a duck. :doh:

There may be many views of the Scripture, but only ONE view can be right. So you compare your views to the Bible? What if the Bible contradicts your views? Do you dismiss the Bible?

I am REJECTING what you wrote here because I totally REJECT what the SDA church teaches.

We teach that salvation is by grace through faith. Do you reject that? :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
So how can one be in Christ and also under the law? We are not justified by obeying the torah.

I don't quite understand this anti law thing. It seems that God does have boundaries for Christians. What would you say those boundaries are?

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If one violates the sabbath or doesn't observe it in any fashion are they saved? According to your stance wouldn't that be willful and unrepentant sin? If one doesn't repent of sin and change their behavior can they inherit eternal life?

You're telling me that you believe someone who is sinning willingly will be saved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sheina

Born Crucified
Mar 30, 2007
Mississippi
✟9,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We teach that salvation is by grace through faith. Do you reject that? :p
How is that possible when you "add" keeping the law?

"Do you want to be a Christian? ... The steps to Christ are few and plain and easy to understand, and we will turn to God's Guidebook now for information. ... Believe; that's the first step toward becoming a Christian. ... the second step is repentance . repentance is simply being sorry for our sins and putting them away ... the next step in becoming a Christian is confession ... real repentance and confession mean not only to stop sinning, but to do everything possible to make past wrongs right ... The next step is baptism, and the proof for that is found in Ac 2:38-39. Fifth, obedience through Christ in us ... So we have clearly outlined the steps that we need to take in order to become a Christian: to believe in God, to repent of and to confess our sins, to be baptized, AND TO OBEY ALL THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD.

"... He may stumble and fall, but he gets up and presses forward again, determined to overcome by God's enabling power. Such a fall is not counted against him when he repents and asks forgiveness and divine help to live the right life" (New Life Voice of Prophecy Guide, #12).

If you call this "salvation by grace," it sure is a very strange type of grace.

I believe that one is saved according to Ephesians 2:8-9...by grace through faith...NO WORKS. We don't need to "add" works to remain saved. Our "works" are the RESULT of salvation, not the CAUSE of it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.