Do you agree that christians should keep the 10 Commandments? (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Really? So why couldn't Paul keep them? Even after his Damascus Road experience, he still admitted that he did evil at times even though he did not want to.

We are have the Holy Spirit... from the moment we believe on Christ we are sealed with the Holy Spirit. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit... His dwelling place.

Yet not one of us has the ability to keep the commandments because of the weakness of the flesh.

Yea right. Paul teaches commandments.

Upvote 0

sheina

Born Crucified
Mar 30, 2007
Mississippi
✟9,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, because the truth I believe you cannot connect those verses, as you pick what suits you and discard what is against you.
Are you looking in the mirror?
All what they can do is presenting their view, but once I refute with the Scripture, they can not defend their view. That's what happen! How can they defend their view if their view contradict the Scripture.
You haven't REFUTED anything...you have REJECTED those Scriptures which present the TRUTH of the Gospel of GRACE. Therefore, you are the one who is discarding what is against you.
If you don't, then tell me the connection, for there is a connection and relation which make them come in harmony. Anyway, it is only a seemingly contradiction, if one understood the true Gospel of Christ.
Scripture does not contradict Scripture...seemingly or otherwise. The true Gospel doesn't flow from Mt. Sinai, it flows from Mt. Calvary.

Upvote 0

Arthur57

Apr 15, 2011
Indonesia
✟8,053.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Really? So why couldn't Paul keep them? Even after his Damascus Road experience, he still admitted that he did evil at times even though he did not want to.

We are have the Holy Spirit... from the moment we believe on Christ we are sealed with the Holy Spirit. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit... His dwelling place.

Yet not one of us has the ability to keep the commandments because of the weakness of the flesh.

Again you shows your disbelief in the Scripture. How come Paul couldn't keep it, despite all what he said?

Romans 7 is an experience of those who live by his carnal mind.

Does Paul live with his carnal mind? Only when he was Saul the Pharisee.

As an apostle of Christ do you think and believe Paul live with his carnal mind? Shame of you.

But who lived with the mind of Jesus, will have the righteousness of the law fulfilled in him, not a mental assent, but the real one through obedience of faith.

I see, for you keep insisting that you couldn't fulfill the righteous demand of the law despite the Holy Spirit in you, then take away the law and nailed it to the cross. Nice of it? I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 3:14.
Is written for nothing!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arthur57

Apr 15, 2011
Indonesia
✟8,053.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you looking in the mirror?

You haven't REFUTED anything...you have REJECTED those Scriptures which present the TRUTH of the Gospel of GRACE. Therefore, you are the one who is discarding what is against you.

Scripture does not contradict Scripture...seemingly or otherwise. The true Gospel doesn't flow from Mt. Sinai, it flows from Mt. Calvary.

Oh yes, from the ist post here I refute the ideas of people who is against the law by explaining the text they gave to support their view. No one could refute back. You can check again from the beginning.

A discussion or debate against the Scripture must come out with the winner, and the winner is always those who understand the Scripture. Isn't it?

And I dare to say, I understand the Scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

Studious One

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

It is interesting that Paul teaches exactly opposite of what you are teaching. Paul states that those who are under the law are under the curse if they do not keep all things which are written in the book of the law.

Why does he say that they are cursed? Because Paul knows for a fact that no one can continue in all the things that are written in the law to do them. They may keep 10,20, 50, 100, 500, or even 612 of the laws that are written in the book, but if they do not keep that 613th one, then they are just as guilty of breaking the law as if they had not kept any of the law!

And they are therefore cursed according to the Word of God.

And there is not one human being on this earth that is able to continue in all things which are written in the book of the law... not even you.

Paul told the Galatians that they were foolish to place themselves under the Law after being freed from it. Why would anyone want to place themselves under the law in light of what the Bible calls those who do and what is pronounced upon those who do?

Upvote 0

Arthur57

Apr 15, 2011
Indonesia
✟8,053.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So what is an ordinance? My dictionary says and authoritive order or command. I would have said a written law. A written law is an authoritive order and a command to perform as required.

What does establish mean as used here in 3:31? I've provided discussion on the verse and word with no return comments. Why?And what is a doer? If one can be a doer do they need a redeemer? No! The problem is of course as the Bible points out that infact there are no doers - Ps 14:3, 53:3, Isa 64:6, Rom 3:23.This contradicts your intended meaning of the previous quote. Interesting. I sure wouldn't have used them both. Is there confusion? I think so.Ditto above comment. If one can't be justified by the works of the law, why do them? The law only condemns and justifies no one as stated. Obviously one can't be righteous or possess righteousness by obedience - real or feined to the law. The law doesn't provide righteousness. The law only provides for condemnation and death. Ah the escape hatch is opened by a law pusher no less to not be obligated to the law. GLORY!!!:clap::clap::clap:Great question. Now where is the answer? I had to look to make sure who authored the above statement. I'm in a little bit of a shock, that is puzzled by it. Just doesn'r fit with the argument offered.Hmm! IOW you don't understand.There is a sayin - ain't that the kettle callin the pot black?

I'm posting those verses to test the anti law people whether they understand it or not. Your comments above missed the point. Don't confuse, I don't need your comment against what I posted. All I want to know is can you or others who reject the law clarify the connection between those verses in such a way that takes out the seemingly contradiction by bringing it to harmony? Thus, a clarification to connect the verses into harmony, that what I want from you.

If no one can, I shall clarify it.

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Open your eyes brothers and sisters.

Here Paul is commanding the gentiles to abstain from fornication and food offered to idols. Im sure he didn't tell them it was ok to steal, lie, commit adultery or any other work of the flesh. The context seems to be about circumcision yet again and this is why Paul is talking about abstaining from fornication and food offered to idols being the only commandment. Obviously adultery is not allowed if fornication is not.

Ac 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
Ac 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Upvote 0

sheina

Born Crucified
Mar 30, 2007
Mississippi
✟9,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh yes, from the ist post here I refute the ideas of people who is against the law by explaining the text they gave to support their view. No one could refute back. You can check again from the beginning.

A discussion or debate against the Scripture must come out with the winner, and the winner is always those who understand the Scripture. Isn't it?

And I dare to say, I understand the Scripture.
Your self-righteousness is showing. In my opinion, your understanding of the Scriptures comes from what your church teaches, not from what the Holy Spirit teaches. You interpret Scriptures according to your church's doctrines/teachings.

I totally REJECT the doctrines/teachings of the SDA church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Ac 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Ac 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Ac 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
Ac 15:22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arthur57

Apr 15, 2011
Indonesia
✟8,053.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

It is interesting that Paul teaches exactly opposite of what you are teaching. Paul states that those who are under the law are under the curse if they do not keep all things which are written in the book of the law.

Why does he say that they are cursed? Because Paul knows for a fact that no one can continue in all the things that are written in the law to do them. They may keep 10,20, 50, 100, 500, or even 612 of the laws that are written in the book, but if they do not keep that 613th one, then they are just as guilty of breaking the law as if they had not kept any of the law!

And they are therefore cursed according to the Word of God.

And there is not one human being on this earth that is able to continue in all things which are written in the book of the law... not even you.

Paul told the Galatians that they were foolish to place themselves under the Law after being freed from it. Why would anyone want to place themselves under the law in light of what the Bible calls those who do and what is pronounced upon those who do?

Could you read your bible and understand what is written?

OK, read first Philippians 3:4-9 then continue with Romans 7:6-25, especially written in Rom. 7:9,10,13,14,22,23 and the solution in v. 25, what connection you get from that? What idea Paul give through this?

Of course those who break the commandment is under condemnation, cursed to death. Who is cursed is who didn't do the commandment, or breaking it, read James 2:10. But those who did keep it, they are not under curse, on the contrary, they are blessed, they are justified (Rom 2;13) and have the right to enter heaven to eat the fruit of life (Rev. 22;6).

Seems since you do not believe that you could keep the law perfectly, then you are not a law doers, you have no right to enter the kingdom of God and eat the fruit of life, for God could not justify you, on what base? On disbelief?

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

How about acts where Paul teaches the Gentile the commandment to abstain from fornication and food offered to idols? Are they cursed if they obey?

Obviously abstaining from adultery applies if abstaining from fornication and idolatry do. And Paul clearly teaches the 5th C without a doubt. Paul teaches the the last 6 Cs in numerous places throughout in the NT.

15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Ac 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Ac 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
Ac 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Upvote 0

Arthur57

Apr 15, 2011
Indonesia
✟8,053.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your self-righteousness is showing. In my opinion, your understanding of the Scriptures comes from what your church teaches, not from what the Holy Spirit teaches. You interpret Scriptures according to your church's doctrines/teachings.

I totally REJECT the doctrines/teachings of the SDA church.

I'm not promoting the teaching of SDA but of the Scripture. :) :) :)

There are always many views about what is written, to find the truth, compare it to the bible itself, not to what you belief. That's what I do.

Can you refute any of what I wrote here regarding my view supported with text of the Scripture, using text also not just assumptions, but text with explanation. That's the way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.