united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No way, any female accuser, could ever appear to be this angry in court at her abuser or any of his supporters. She would be decried as unstable wouldn't she.

I honestly don't know what happened, but this kind of angry spirit being presented, looks and sounds exactly like an entitled and enraged man who just wants his way, or else.

Q: Seriously, could a woman have used the same rage and arrogant tone in her court proceedings against an abuser and gotten away with it?

DoH8yuBXUAI4QSY.jpg

Last edited:

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
off topic:
(ps-I just had to vent on this face, sorry. I have been set off by this angry snarling hateful face, as I've seen the look before from one very entitled, abusive and drunken former husband, just waaaay too many times, and yes he was homicidal and tried to kill me.

I told the truth to the cops, and they totally believed me as they could plainly see he was the primary aggressor)

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Spare me your outrage. He and his family have been put through a horrible ordeal for the benefit of the Democrat Party. His anger is the least of what they deserve.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
If I was being grilled over uncorroborated accusations that a political party hid until my confirmation vote was right around the corner, with the obvious intent of delaying it, I'd be angry, too.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spare me your outrage. He and his family have been put through a horrible ordeal for the benefit of the Democrat Party. His anger is the least of what they deserve.
Absolutely! Feinstein and the immorally disgusting Democrats are hoping to use this confused woman to destroy and vilify everything he has lived for and worked for all his life..... and he is supposed to smile and say he wishes they would hug him?

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think @kat1 's point is that a woman who behaved in a similarly angry manner would be regarded as unstable and unbelievable. It's not about the truth or otherwise of the accusations, but about the double standards with which men and women are often treated.

Anger is widely regarded as an 'acceptable' reaction from a man. It is much less widely regarded as 'acceptable' for a woman in a similar situation.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
In our culture, bluster and aggression are often confused with confidence when it's coming from a man . Whereas women that do those things are seen as unstable or dangerous.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Q: Seriously, could a woman have used the same rage and arrogant tone in her court proceedings against an abuser and gotten away with it?
First I will say that I find anger very justified in this situation. Kav has been through hell, and he has watched his family get dragged through it too.

But I will also point out the difference between the way he and Ford were treated. The Pubs procured a female prosecutor experienced in sex cases, so that Ford would be treated respectfully and sensitively. And she did just that. Ford had far less reason to express anger at that hearing, due to the way she was treated by both sides.

Kav is a different story. The Dems, after having blown Ford's cover, have done nothing but immediately jump on any uncorroborated allegation against Kav, even turning them over to the press so he could be tried there by raw innuendo, and now were using this last hearing to wear him down. Innuendo about him being a false witness came from Blumenthal, who lied about serving in Vietnam. Booker, who has admitted groping a woman, walked out of the hearing in mock disgust. Whitehouse, I am told, questioned Kav on his use of flatulence during high school. It was the antithesis of respect, it was a concerted effort to destroy Kav. He was in pain, and I don't blame him for being angry. He's ten times the man of the Dem senators there put together, and yet he's being falsely judged by them.

I think if you put a woman in Kav's position, being treated as Kav was by the Dems, she could show like anger and be fully supported by conservatives.

I don't know what the root of your husband's snarling was, and I'm sorry you went through it, but "entitled, abusive and drunken... homicidal and tried to kill me" is a description I can't begin to apply to Kav.

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think if you put a woman in Kav's position, being treated as Kav was by the Dems, she could show like anger and be fully supported by conservatives.
I would hope so, but I doubt it.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That was actually the topic of Rev Ed Bacon's sermon this morning. Unfortunately, I didn't hear it (I'm on the other side of the country)....but this is what he wrote yesterday:

“A Cultural Reckoning: God Has No Double Standard.” The Supreme Court hearing displayed our culture’s double standard of acceptable behavior — one for straight white men; the other for women and people of color in general. Had the latter exhibited the angry yelling lauded in the former last Thursday, they would have been shut down and totally dismissed. God does not have these two standards." ~ Rev Ed Bacon

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think @kat1 's point is that a woman who behaved in a similarly angry manner would be regarded as unstable and unbelievable. It's not about the truth or otherwise of the accusations, but about the double standards with which men and women are often treated.

Anger is widely regarded as an 'acceptable' reaction from a man. It is much less widely regarded as 'acceptable' for a woman in a similar situation.
hey i don't disagree that there are inequalities but in the heat of the moment its being misrepresented
(not about the guy in the picture -i'm not from the us i don't know much about him)
but on the generalization .. records show .. men who frown in rage and frustration are sentenced to anger management
woman who frown and rage are demoted to victim status because their anger and frustration is justified but, for the most part, a mans anger is vilified pre-facts .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No way, any female accuser, could ever appear to be this angry in court at her abuser or any of his supporters. She would be decried as unstable wouldn't she.

I honestly don't know what happened, but this kind of angry spirit being presented, looks and sounds exactly like an entitled and enraged man who just wants his way, or else.

View attachment 242251
as an outsider im able to look at both sides
the photo in the OP -is very agenda driven :(

i just watched the speech that the image is taken from... its not anger its effort to not break down in tears . -interesting how media can take a still shot and present it as opposite to what it actually is .

(personally as a person on the outside looking in an no invested interest in any out come -i'm inclined to believe "Her" . BUT the fact that ultimately she loses nothing in the big picture by coming forward - where as He has very much to ,lose indeed.has the effect of making him less believable... . such a setting stacks the deck against any one .

• Friendly
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was actually the topic of Rev Ed Bacon's sermon this morning. Unfortunately, I didn't hear it (I'm on the other side of the country)....but this is what he wrote yesterday:

“A Cultural Reckoning: God Has No Double Standard.” The Supreme Court hearing displayed our culture’s double standard of acceptable behavior — one for straight white men; the other for women and people of color in general. Had the latter exhibited the angry yelling lauded in the former last Thursday, they would have been shut down and totally dismissed. God does not have these two standards." ~ Rev Ed Bacon
I wondered how long it would be before someone would try to twist some kind of "racism" into this "technical lynching." (To quote Clarence Thomas' description.)

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's the exact opposite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I wondered how long it would be before someone would try to twist some kind of "racism" into this "technical lynching." (To quote Clarence Thomas' description.)
Rev Bacon wasn't referring to this situation as being racist - just that there're different standards in general for powerful white men (compared to everyone else).

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this meme has got truth to it, unfortunately.
View attachment 242255
and are you saying you would agree with that assessment ? because if its wrong to misrepresent a woman this way is it not also wrong to misrepresent the man this way ?
in the video these stills are taken from, the emotions expressed is completely different from the captions added.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Before this goes too much further.....everyone should make sure they've taken notice of the SOP for this forum. This is a subforum that encourages "egalitarian" ways of treating others - so no double standards - no respecting one gender or one group over another - and no rigid boxes for people to stuff themselves into.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0