✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
is bragging even allowed on CF?
cause am getting depressed myself now.........
Lol.. I've heard of people going at it like rabbits but didn't expect to find them here!

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol.. I've heard of people going at it like rabbits but didn't expect to find them here!

We live in the country, winter is long, and have no cable. To quote the Santa from Miracle on 34th Street, “You have to do something to keep warm.” :holy:

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We live in the country, winter is long, and have no cable. To quote the Santa from Miracle on 34th Street, “You have to do something to keep warm.” :holy:
Haha! Same scenario here! No cable, in the country but HOW can I get him to keep me warmER in the winter? I sit on our wood stove more than I sit on him. Things are good otherwise... just, yanno... that. :angel:

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A right is not a privilege. It's a right. But it's no surprise you use the lingo of the left.
I will not use the word "right" in any christian context. As it has been said over and over and over:

"The ONLY right a christian has is to lay down his rights."

You are using the the lingo of the independent rebel. The christian heart is one of submission, not rebellion.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Haha! Same scenario here! No cable, in the country but HOW can I get him to keep me warmER in the winter? I sit on our wood stove more than I sit on him. Things are good otherwise... just, yanno... that. :angel:

We were younger. Now our idea of a marathon night together is binging the whole run of Westworld at once. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kurt Warner

May 25, 2018
Midwest
✟9,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sex in a marriage needs to be discussed and negotiated like every other topic. Spouses are rarely on the same tier regarding appetite, foreplay to prepare for a sexual encounter, attitude about sex, knowledge about how to have mutually satisfying sex, etc. It is always sad to hear about newlyweds struggling with sex like they never discussed it honestly or that one or the other out and out lied about their position prior to marriage. A partner should not force it, nor should a partner retreat from it. They need to both find it mutually desirable and work out the frequency issues from there.

• Agree
Reactions: Olmhinlu
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is always sad to hear about newlyweds struggling with sex like they never discussed it honestly or that one or the other out and out lied about their position prior to marriage.
I do not know if this is still the case, but 40 years ago it was not uncommon for a congregation to tell an engaged couple to not discuss sex in any way shape or form until after the wedding.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These days I would think that would be considered negligent marriage preparation.
It should have been considered that back then. I know they meant well, trying to help the couple avoid fornicating; but their approach backfired after a while with a very high divorce rate in the congregation my wife and I attended.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not know if this is still the case, but 40 years ago it was not uncommon for a congregation to tell an engaged couple to not discuss sex in any way shape or form until after the wedding.

that's interesting ^

when we got engaged, we attended NFP (natural family planning classes) as well as premarital classes so although "sex" per se wasn't discussed in intimate details, it's still basically part of NFP and in the premarital classes, remember one question we each had to answer, then discuss was "how many children do you each want"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither party has to say yes or no. It is a communication thing. I do think it is kind to sometimes be open to foreplay even if you aren't currently in the mood- just allow yourself to explore the option. But ultimately bit parties need to agree that they desire sex for sex to occur.

That's part of the safe feeling in a marriage right? Feeling comfortable enough to be open and honest with one another- to care for each others wants and needs knowing your needs are cared about as well?

Upvote 0