Do whatever is good.

lighthouse_hope

Dec 31, 2009
✟8,860.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think it is about time for me to act as my username seems to hint, even if my faith is a boiling sea of contradictions, I am going as bold as to bring out a message.

I believe God did not redeemed us for bacon, or exchanging Saturday for Sunday. I believe God redeemed us to be saints, to walk the Way that it's Truth and Life.

I am not partial to quotes. Pardon me, I am a Spaniard, and I find it a foreign custom to adorn my text with cut out sayings that I can arrange to support my position. If I had to quote from the Bible, I would quote whole sections, chapters or books. Let me choose the third chapter of Titus.

Here the Apostle, like a parent travelling far away, reserves for his last words what is dearest to his heart. Just two words:

Do good

Yes, any parent could have said that. But what the Apostle is saying is deeper. He begins by asking us to be ready to do whatever is good.

Whatever is good places no boundaries in the goodness we must be ready to do. And how come, how can this wretched creature ever be ready to do whatever is good?

Because by God's mercy we have been saved.

The Apostle then, right away, places on this mercy, on this Grace, the reason to devote ourselves to do whatever is good. Its His work that we continue, its the seed of Love that flourishes through us, in us, for the salvation of the lost and to the Greater Glory of God.

How cannot you do whatever is good, when that's God's Will for you. How aren't you able to do whatever is good, when the Spirit that saves dwells in you? How aren't you able to worship in spirit and truth, the one that sacrificed it all to be able to kiss your soul?

Isn't it about time to do whatever is good? Pray humbly and it will bestowed on you. Godspeed.

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear lighthouse hope. You are right in saying " do whatever is good," and may I take it a step further? In Matthew, chapter 22, verses 34-40, Jesus tells us that the first and second Commandments are most important, in fact on these two Commandments hang " all the Law and the Prophets." Love is a mighty weapon, and it is all for Good. Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. God made us in His image, we alone in this Universe can think and reason, we know the difference between Good and NOT Good. The second Commandment is like the first, Love our neighbour as ourselves, " be good to, and do good to." Who is our neighbour? All we know our meet, friend or foe. I say this with love, lighthouse hope. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. P.S. I mean selfless love, Agape.

Upvote 0

lighthouse_hope

Dec 31, 2009
✟8,860.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Dear lighthouse hope. You are right in saying " do whatever is good," and may I take it a step further? In Matthew, chapter 22, verses 34-40, Jesus tells us that the first and second Commandments are most important, in fact on these two Commandments hang " all the Law and the Prophets." Love is a mighty weapon, and it is all for Good. Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. God made us in His image, we alone in this Universe can think and reason, we know the difference between Good and NOT Good. The second Commandment is like the first, Love our neighbour as ourselves, " be good to, and do good to." Who is our neighbour? All we know our meet, friend or foe. I say this with love, lighthouse hope. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. P.S. I mean selfless love, Agape.

Yes, Emmy, you can take as many steps as you want further. :) Let me add, if I may, that I believe that loving our neighbor and loving God are in fact nothing but the same Love seen from different perspectives.

Upvote 0