Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We can get caught up in all sorts of ideas about fancy things we should be doing, great spiritual encounters as ways of seeing what God wants us to do in our lives, scouring books & talks for Christian advice, going crazy trying to find what God's advice is for a circumstance...when really, while these things have their place, the majority of our discovery of what God wants us to do is found in just doing what needs to be done.

"No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:8) This is God's will, for a broad idea of how to live. But individual steps...where to go to college? Should I go to college? Should I join the military? Where should I look for a job? Is she the one? These questions, of steps along the way of life, are what I'm addressing when I discuss the idea of finding out God's will.

I find it very helpful to remember that God is "Our Father", and acts accordingly. My Earthly father is very adamant about doing what needs done. Throughout the Bible, we have all these heroes that do incredible things, like Abraham's near-sacrifice of Isaac, OT Joseph's bringing his family to Egypt, Mary's acceptance of bearing the son of God, NT Joseph's long travels with Mary. But there's only a few moments in their lifetimes that they did something incredible; most of the time, it's just doing what needs done. OT Joseph never would've been able to bring his family to Egypt if it wasn't for his years of mundane labor as a slave or servant. Mary said "Yes" to accepting God in her womb, then spent years as a typical Jewish mother, teaching her son how to work, pray, and take care of others. NT Joseph followed God's command to take his wife on long, surely difficult travels, then went back to a regular life of a worker.

Offering up Masses, retreats, and other such experiences as prayers is something we absolutely should do; but offering up cleaning the dishes, looking for a job, brushing our teeth, doing homework, and the other usual business as prayers leads us to being high-performing children of God, and reminds us of the dignity of work.

God be with us all!:pray:

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the idea of finding out God's will.
On an everyday basis, I think we can simply submit to how God rules us in His peace.

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

In this peace, we have His personal guiding, even every moment while we stay submissive in this peace. And in case we find we are getting elsewhere . . . in ungodly anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, lusts, fear and anxiety . . . we might start to feel homesick to be back with our Heavenly Father in this soothing and kind peace so pure and pleasant in His gentle and quiet love. And we can trust God to correct us back. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Throughout the Bible, we have all these heroes that do incredible things,
Yes, there are such impressive things. And while we are not making big history items, we can personally reach to and love and care for each person we are with or think about. And pray for God to bless, doing all He alone is able to do in every person.

The great things did not necessarily change anyone's heart. But our example of love during everyday activities can help ones to know God and find out how to love.

Upvote 0