Do westerners still want a noble, enlightenment era just constitution?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Do we westerners still want our just and noble, enlightenment era constitutions? Or are people no longer interested in the good?

I think part of our societies are corrupted by media sex scenes, violence, inappropriate contentography, drugs, alcohol, and maybe gambling. Since their childhoods for two generations. Slowly before that by romance and some alcohol and maybe the two great wars and the loss of many fathers in so, gradually made honourable and fair people tolerant and permissive. Some of the tolerance is good. But I think looking at the infanticide bills and pushes of LGBTI ideology that society not so interested in its' old constitutions and the goodness, but more so permissiveness and opportunism, lust, and just getting what they want, pleasures, sex, money cars...

The deep state practices in the USA seem to show a lack of interest in honouring the president and the democracy, even if they voted for his opposition. I have an article about someone who wanted the president stabbed. Can politicians still kiss babies? How much and why has the world changed?

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think part of our societies are corrupted by media sex scenes, violence, inappropriate contentography, drugs, alcohol, and maybe gambling. Since their childhoods for two generations. Slowly before that by romance and some alcohol and maybe the two great wars and the loss of many fathers in so, gradually made honourable and fair people tolerant and permissive. Some of the tolerance is good. But I think looking at the infanticide bills and pushes of LGBTI ideology that society not so interested in its' old constitutions and the goodness, but moreso permissiveness and opportunism, lust, and just getting what they want, pleasures, sex, money cars...

Mix and match the things that cause moral outrage and this comment has been said over and over about the state of the world or the youth for as long as we have written history, why is it differs this time?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Mix and match the things that cause moral outrage and this comment has been said over and over about the state of the world or the youth for as long as we have written history, why is it differs this time?
How can one say the WW2 generation was against the constitution, say in the USA and UK?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How can one say the WW2 generation was against the constitution, say in the USA and UK?
As I said, mix and match the things that are supposedly wrong with the youth and this statement gets said about every generation, but this time is different because reasons?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
As I said, mix and match the things that are supposedly wrong with the youth and this statement gets said about every generation, but this time is different because reasons?
I don't understand mix and match.

With the benefit of hindsight we can assess the wholeness of past generations of youth. I am not just talking about the youth of today. Older politicians too. The youth as people subjected to social engineering.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand mix and match.

I mean insert whatever the latest downfall of the youth is and plug it into the world is ending because of their damn kids rhetoric. Once upon a time, comic books, too much reading, too much paper, using written language instead of memorizing were the thing causing our downfall rather that whatever it is this time.

With the benefit of hindsight we can assess the wholeness of past generations of youth. I am not just talking about the youth of today. Older politicians too. The youth as people subjected to social engineering.

As I said, it's different this time because reasons!

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
My OP intention is not to accuse the youth of something as before, but to look at the future of maintaining the constitutions, is society changing and will there be a popular corrupt revolution...?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My OP intention is not to accuse the youth of something as before, but to look at the future of maintaining the constitutions, is society changing and will there be a popular corrupt revolution...?
No.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Do we westerners still want our just and noble, enlightenment era constitutions? Or are people no longer interested in the good?

I think part of our societies are corrupted by media sex scenes, violence, inappropriate contentography, drugs, alcohol, and maybe gambling. Since their childhoods for two generations. Slowly before that by romance and some alcohol and maybe the two great wars and the loss of many fathers in so, gradually made honourable and fair people tolerant and permissive. Some of the tolerance is good. But I think looking at the infanticide bills and pushes of LGBTI ideology that society not so interested in its' old constitutions and the goodness, but more so permissiveness and opportunism, lust, and just getting what they want, pleasures, sex, money cars...

The deep state practices in the USA seem to show a lack of interest in honouring the president and the democracy, even if they voted for his opposition. I have an article about someone who wanted the president stabbed. Can politicians still kiss babies? How much and why has the world changed?
Australia doesn't even have an enlightenment era constitution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Australia doesn't even have an enlightenment era constitution.
Australia's constitution was made after the English enlightenment and by this was influenced by the enlightenment.

Due to the English enlightenment there were fewer wars with aboriginals than compared with the Americas as well. Especially in NSW and I think Victoria. You use the word "even", could you tell me why you are sceptical about the OP?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Bit hard to think otherwise when the entire OP is exactly that.
Well then I am misunderstood. Pro-Life people are the salt of the Earth, resisting the corruption. I'd add to my OP that there are degrees of clean and salt of the Earth hearts ranging to very dark hearted people, even in politics, ruling us poorly. Not punishing but tolerating homsexuals is largely good.

Some are in compromise but are well meaning. Others are in compromise but don't want to have to do the good things.

I like the way human rights has gone for the benefit of slaves, and they need it, and elsewhere the slave drivers are as determined as ever but more sophisticated and successful than ever in eastern Europe, and now the USA, Mexico and the Philippines... The lady I could have married may now be a slave.

In some circles. human rights are being well expressed in new things, like the right to housing. Austerity measures is all that holds some politicians back from agreeing. Plenty of people give to the poor.

There are sides fellows. Black, white and shades of grey and compromisers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Australia's constitution was made after the English enlightenment and by this was influenced by the enlightenment.

Then by that logic any constitutions or legal systems people choose to adopt now are still influenced by the Enlightenment.
Due to the English enlightenment there were fewer wars with aboriginals than compared with the Americas as well. Especially in NSW and I think Victoria.
First off, you had the Frontier Wars. Secondly, a lot of the wars and massacres in the US occurred after the Age of Enlightenment had already taken hold.
You use the word "even", could you tell me why you are sceptical about the OP?
Your premise doesn't make sense considering that most Western societies don't even have Englightenment era constitutions. I think only the US and arguably the UK have Enlightenment era constitutions. It's an appeal to antiquity and tradition that doesn't even exist.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sorry you took it personally.
Personally no, but it's absurd to say you're not finding fault when your OP is nothing but pointing out what you think the faults are with society and individuals.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...a lack of interest in honouring the president....
The current president shows a lack of interest in honoring the presidency.

Seriously, his antics and tone are worse than we'd expect from a middle schooler. I'm talking about his demeanor here, not his policies - as long as we're talking about values and decency.

Say what you will about Bush and Obama policies. At least they were dignified.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Upvote 0