Do we need to be more careful in posting?

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The question posted is due to a few posts that I have seen by people who like to get their point and only theirs across at the cost of either another persons feelings or belittling them. This may be totally and probably is unintentional but can we all be a little more mindful on how we word things.
Not everyone is (or needs to be) a scholar and certainly don't need to be made to feel stupid or that their views are any less important than anyone else.
I know you can report but it should not be necessary.
with love to all in Christ.:wave:

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This may be totally and probably is unintentional

think there are a lot of passionate people on CF
passionate about their faith and getting their ideas across

it's also probably why (in real life) nonChristians can get intimidated and often totally turned off by passionate people professing their faith

my parents were taught to be a friend/become friends with a person first before discussing their faith

online words can and often do get misinterpreted
hopefully no one upset you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The question posted is due to a few posts that I have seen by people who like to get their point and only theirs across at the cost of either another persons feelings or belittling them. This may be totally and probably is unintentional but can we all be a little more mindful on how we word things.
Not everyone is (or needs to be) a scholar and certainly don't need to be made to feel stupid or that their views are any less important than anyone else.
I know you can report but it should not be necessary.
Yes to being more careful. While we can (and should) be passionate about out faith... we also have to remember that a disagreement over when the rapture is, or over once saved only saved, or whether or not the KJV is the only inspired bible in English (or whatever it is that causes us to react quickly and emotionally) that those who might be on the other side of what we might believe... ARE STILL brothers and sisters in Christ. And, seeing there are unbelievers reading these posts, if we do not treat each other with mutual respect and understanding, then those unbelievers will not see anything in us that they don't already have. We need to be a LIGHT not a reflection of the world around us. And, quite frankly, when we attack each other over issues that are not make or break issues... we only reflect the world. Yes indeed, we need to be more thoughtful when we post.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
just today I was trying to express a certain truth and I got called a racist because I mentioned some jews and germans. it was on another website though but my point is that being overly offended or acting offended for irrational reasons is not good either.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
just today I was trying to express a certain truth and I got called a racist because I mentioned some jews and germans. it was on another website though but my point is that being overly offended or acting offended for irrational reasons is not good either.
We need to be able to express truth (as we understand it and are convicted of it) but we also need to do it with the understanding that many people beyond our immediate target audience might be reading. Such is life on the internet. :)

Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
90% of the time, saying "That's offensive!" is code for "You're right and I don't like that".

Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need to be able to express truth (as we understand it and are convicted of it) but we also need to do it with the understanding that many people beyond our immediate target audience might be reading. Such is life on the internet. :)
Well, the bible does mention this:)

Colossians 4:6 ESV
“Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person”

Upvote 0