Do we lose our sexuality in heaven?

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The reason, I ask because it said we are no longer given in marriage and we are like angels. So are just stop being sexual brings? Sex is big part of being human after all. Your input brothers and Sister in Christ.

Danny

Genesis 5 2He created them male and female; and blessed them: and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Danny, we are what God created us to be, we are different from the angles, angels are spirits, we have both Body and Spirit.

There will be no more giving into marriage in heaven for we are all part of ONE BIG FAMILY brothers and sisters in heaven, each having their own sexual Identity of male and female as they/we had on earth as it is in Heaven. We having One Father who is God, One Brother who is Jesus Christ our Savior, and the Holy Spirit being the Comforter. However would that be a true Family? Where is the Mother?

There must be a Mother, For God gives us humans what we KNOW and what we know in order to have a Family there is a Mother involved, and that Mother is the One the our Lord gave not only to John, but to all of us, and that is Mary whom God made female.

John 19:26When Jesus therefore had seen his mother and the disciple standing whom he loved, he saith to his mother: Woman, behold thy son. 27After that, he saith to the disciple: Behold thy mother. And from that hour, the disciple took her to his own.

Danny, you may say: you did not ask for this. Danny yes you did! See we take our sexual nature that God gave to us into heaven, and what better way to explain what you were wanting to know, than to answer it, by saying we are a family with our sexual identity, again, having a Father who is God (Spirit) a Mother who is Mary having a (body and Soul), a Brother who is Christ Jesus, having a Body and Soul, and us all who are Christians in that one Big Family having a body and soul, and thee holy Spirit to comfort us to know this TRUTH! Amen Amen.

Danny, do you believe that Jesus Christ Loves you as well as He did John? If you answered yes, then Mary is your Mother.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Given that God and angels are all male, and yet non-sexual in every way, what does that say about gender?
Can male really said to be a mode of being without being counterpoised by the female?
Can left exist without right, the head of a coin without the tail?

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Given that God and angels are all male, and yet non-sexual in every way, what does that say about gender?
Can male really said to be a mode of being without being counterpoised by the female?
Can left exist without right, the head of a coin without the tail?
I follow your argument. I am not convinced of your premise though; that it is a given that God and angels are male, whatever that means in a spiritual world. I know of no scripture that says God the Father, God the Son preincarnate or the Holy Spirit are male. It is implied with the numerous pronouns used to reference God. This is an aside of our language having gender specific pronouns: he and she. It would be better for language have a unique pronoun for God. This would eliminate the assumptions that God was male. Same for angels.

I do admit that often when God or angels appeared to men on earth, that they appeared as men. But this is just the earthly physical appearance and not their spiritual state in heaven.

:oldthumbsup: for the signature.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There must be a Mother, For God gives us humans what we KNOW and what we know in order to have a Family there is a Mother involved, and that Mother is the One the our Lord gave not only to John, but to all of us, and that is Mary whom God made female.

John 19:26When Jesus therefore had seen his mother and the disciple standing whom he loved, he saith to his mother: Woman, behold thy son. 27After that, he saith to the disciple: Behold thy mother. And from that hour, the disciple took her to his own.

Danny, you may say: you did not ask for this. Danny yes you did! See we take our sexual nature that God gave to us into heaven, and what better way to explain what you were wanting to know, than to answer it, by saying we are a family with our sexual identity, again, having a Father who is God (Spirit) a Mother who is Mary having a (body and Soul), a Brother who is Christ Jesus, having a Body and Soul, and us all who are Christians in that one Big Family having a body and soul, and thee holy Spirit to comfort us to know this TRUTH! Amen Amen.

Danny, do you believe that Jesus Christ Loves you as well as He did John? If you answered yes, then Mary is your Mother.
Way to much Mary worship for me, based on pure conjecture that what is in heaven is like what on earth. Please don't worship what comes from the earth, but worship what comes from heaven, for heaven came first. Heaven is perfect, earth is corrupt.

Paul was caught up to heaven and got a glimpse of the glory there and his response was that he could not even express it to humans. 2 Corinthians 12:4-7

Further 1 Corinthians 15:35-41 teaches a vastly different body at resurrection; analogous to a seed in this life, a plant in the next. In verse 40, Paul comes right out and says the splendor of earthly bodies is different than of heavenly bodies. There would be no need for these words if the two were so similar as you talk.

There is no basis for your assumption that heaven and the next age will mimic our earthly life.

Your whole concept that heaven needs a mother so that heaven is a complete family is proved wrong with Jesus' words. There will be no reproduction in heaven. Mother implies child/reproduction. No reproduction, no mothers.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I follow your argument. I am not convinced of your premise though; that it is a given that God and angels are male, whatever that means in a spiritual world. I know of no scripture that says God the Father, God the Son preincarnate or the Holy Spirit are male. It is implied with the numerous pronouns used to reference God. This is an aside of our language having gender specific pronouns: he and she. It would be better for language have a unique pronoun for God. This would eliminate the assumptions that God was male. Same for angels.

I do admit that often when God or angels appeared to men on earth, that they appeared as men. But this is just the earthly physical appearance and not their spiritual state in heaven.

:oldthumbsup: for the signature.
Thanks, about the sig.

I am actually openly speculating what gender all means in the world of spirit. I personally don't think that it can be all passed off as a limitation of language and translation, but it is possible.
It certainly would be linguistically possible to create a unique pronoun for spiritual matters, but I doubt that such a translation would be true in terms of the original meaning of the text.
Maybe one more thing to throw out there that has already been referenced involves whether or not God addressed Eve directly about eating the fruit. On the one hand, Eve wasn't really there yet when the topic first came up. On the other hand, she actually was, because all that she is came from Adam, who was there.
When Adam goes to bed, he is just Adam. "He" wakes up as Adam and Eve. It is not like he gave birth to Eve. She appeared as a fully formed, walking, talking, awesomely female kind of person. Moreover, Eve is someone that Adam immediately recognizes as being well, him-bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh.
So how 'male' was the gender of the person of Adam when Eve was unseparate from him?
Perhaps such a state of undifferentiated being is a more Edenic state for heavenly beings than the differentiated states of gender that we exist in here on earth.

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason, I ask because it said we are no longer given in marriage and we are like angels. So are just stop being sexual brings? Sex is big part of being human after all. Your input brothers and Sister in Christ.

Danny

It isn't that we'll "lose our sexuality", but that the relationship our sexuality was designed to be a picture of, that of Christ and His Bride, will be perfected and there will be no ore need for the shadow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just wanna have sex in heaven. :)
This is like a five-year-old for whom candy is the greatest possible good, insisting that he wants no more than to eat a Snickers bar on his wedding night.
And just like those that think they can eat as much as they want in heaven and not get fat.

Both are overindulging in satisfying desires of the flesh. When Paul wrote that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, he was also addressing one's heart that desires to seek things of the this world that please the body.

Upvote 0

wayfarersoul1978

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2014
Northern Eastern
Visit site
✟56,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, I respect Mary and I pray the rosary, I use to be catholic, but I still think Mary is very special person in heaven. Do I fully agree with catholic understand, not sure. However, Rev 12:1-6 if the child is Lord Jesus the woman must be Our lady. So I feel this proof that Mary when she past away had her body and soul taken to heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Danny
I would say we will have something better and less corruptible than what humans think of as marriage/sex... so much so that it could never be called "marriage" because it would be far more stable than such things which the sinners questioning Jesus thought marriage to be. they tended to have a very crude idea of what marriage was and Jesus did not accept their ideas of marriage at all which is why he reacted like he did towards them.

angels don't get married because they don't marry like sinners marry. angels don't get married because they are already married forever. it is wrong to equate everlasting devotion with the earthly marriage vows of "til death do us part" since we won't ever die. those in heaven would not dare to utter "til death do us part" because what kind of cold love is that? they would rather die together than death tear them apart.

Song 8:6-7 (YLT)
Set me as a seal on thy heart, as a seal on thine arm, For strong as death is love, Sharp as Sheol is jealousy, Its burnings are burnings of fire, a flame of Jah! Many waters are not able to quench the love, And floods do not wash it away. If one give all the wealth of his house for love, Treading down--they tread upon it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would say we will have something better and less corruptible than what humans think of as marriage/sex... so much so that it could never be called "marriage" because it would be far more stable than such things which the sinners questioning Jesus thought marriage to be. they tended to have a very crude idea of what marriage was and Jesus did not accept their ideas of marriage at all which is why he reacted like he did towards them.

angels don't get married because they don't marry like sinners marry. angels don't get married because they are already married forever. it is wrong to equate everlasting devotion with the earthly marriage vows of "til death do us part" since we won't ever die. those in heaven would not dare to utter "til death do us part" because what kind of cold love is that? they would rather die together than death tear them apart.

Song 8:6-7 (YLT)
Set me as a seal on thy heart, as a seal on thine arm, For strong as death is love, Sharp as Sheol is jealousy, Its burnings are burnings of fire, a flame of Jah! Many waters are not able to quench the love, And floods do not wash it away. If one give all the wealth of his house for love, Treading down--they tread upon it.

By corruptible, are you referring to misusing something?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By corruptible, are you referring to misusing something?

I would say being corruptible means that they can be easily distorted or abused or misused. I think of what is corruptible as something kin to weakness or our creaturly nature. being corruptible kind of gives a middle ground for the battle of good vs evil.

in my thoughts about relationships I would say that to me the thought that you would be with someone for base reasons is corruptible and that is also something that happens to be built into our biology. for instance women seek out alpha males because in the past they would be the guys most able to succeed and help them stay alive and help defend herself and her children. males are usually attracted to younger woman because they are fertile.

in a more meaningful relationship it would be based on something closer to the image of God. as to what exactly that is would be hard for me to know because I would think God is infinite and so would have infinitely greater and greater modes of being to become as we progress towards him. you can also see elements in the natural order of things having that divine spark in them as well but a more incorruptible thing would be for that spark to be a blazing fire.

there is no denying that the ancient males who killed big cats that preyed upon humans is worthy of a fertile female. there is no denying that the humans who figured out how to make fire ought to keep replicating their genes as they seem to serve humanity well. but there has got to be some kind of divine beauty that can even outshine all such examples.... I think it is mankinds destiny for such things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SgtBen

To Serve and Protect
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
Western NC, USA
✟53,005.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think sex will be in Heaven. I hope not anyway. Sex can sometimes lead to issues here on earth, and that can be bad.

I think we'll be perfect and unbound by physical desires, surrounded by the purest love that negates any earthly lusts.

• Agree
Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would say being corruptible means that they can be easily distorted or abused or misused. I think of what is corruptible as something kin to weakness or our creaturly nature. being corruptible kind of gives a middle ground for the battle of good vs evil.

in my thoughts about relationships I would say that to me the thought that you would be with someone for base reasons is corruptible and that is also something that happens to be built into our biology. for instance women seek out alpha males because in the past they would be the guys most able to succeed and help them stay alive and help defend herself and her children. males are usually attracted to younger woman because they are fertile.

in a more meaningful relationship it would be based on something closer to the image of God. as to what exactly that is would be hard for me to know because I would think God is infinite and so would have infinitely greater and great modes of being to become as we progress towards him. you can also see elements in the natural order of things having that divine spark in them as well but a more incorruptible thing would be for that spark to be a blazing fire.

there is no denying that the ancient males who killed big cats that preyed upon humans is worthy of a fertile female. there is no denying that the humans who figured out how to make fire ought to keep replicating their genes as they seem to serve humanity well. but there has got to be some kind of divine beauty that can even outshine all such examples.... I think it is all mankinds destiny for such things.

Did you read Billy Graham's book on angels where he talked about something like this?

Upvote 0