Do we lose our sexuality in heaven?

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sons of God and daughters of men is how the passage goes, doesn't it?

Apparently then, angels are gendered, but enacting their gender in a sexual way is part of their fallen state, biblically speaking at least.

In terms of biology and human nature, sexuality is about reproduction of self into the future, and it is more meaningful in regards to mortals who otherwise have limits on their future. Sexuality is our tie to the future, and and expression of our will to immortality, to be the icon of the eternal God, if you will.

For immortals, reproduction becomes redundant. Simply put, angels have no need to project themselves into the future through the wombs of mortal women. Time holds no limit for them.

I suppose we can liken the sexuality of these sons of God to this our modern age of sex in the times of birth control and abortion. Sex serves another purpose. Rather than immortality and generating one's godliness into the future through the creation and sustenance of the next generation, taking women is much more about self-image and power and status symbols.

This is really not the stuff of heaven. None of us can know heaven now through experience of course, but it is illogical to think that such a mindset defines what is good.
Well, on second thought, this is disputed by the wisdom of our own age, isn't it? Sexuality as self-fulfillment is in fact defined as the good in modern culture.

Why did they have reproductive organs? In my opinion it was part of them being male-part of who they were.

Is God Masculine?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you mean? That is how things go.
Not at all. They used to grab a gal at the well sort of thing. Then they prayed to be united before God, maybe a ceremony with family or whatever. No pastor involved.

They also didnt have taxes in that tribal society-that is another confusing thing.
So? The did have tithes, and even the first major power kingdom Babylon was involved in taxes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...reveal-life-Jews-Nebuchadnezzars-Babylon.html

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The original source of sexuality was reproduction.
There are many sexual things, but scores of
offspring is not often considered sexual.

092110_bryan_masche_raisingsextuplets_portrait11__oPt.jpg

What do you mean by that?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Luke 18:16
But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

They are like little children in the context of pure and innocent.

It begs the question if innocent little children would even think of having sex.

What are you implying?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sons of God and daughters of men is how the passage goes, doesn't it?

Apparently then, angels are gendered, but enacting their gender in a sexual way is part of their fallen state, biblically speaking at least.

In terms of biology and human nature, sexuality is about reproduction of self into the future, and it is more meaningful in regards to mortals who otherwise have limits on their future. Sexuality is our tie to the future, and and expression of our will to immortality, to be the icon of the eternal God, if you will.

For immortals, reproduction becomes redundant. Simply put, angels have no need to project themselves into the future through the wombs of mortal women. Time holds no limit for them.

I suppose we can liken the sexuality of these sons of God to this our modern age of sex in the times of birth control and abortion. Sex serves another purpose. Rather than immortality and generating one's godliness into the future through the creation and sustenance of the next generation, taking women is much more about self-image and power and status symbols.

This is really not the stuff of heaven. None of us can know heaven now through experience of course, but it is illogical to think that such a mindset defines what is good.
Well, on second thought, this is disputed by the wisdom of our own age, isn't it? Sexuality as self-fulfillment is in fact defined as the good in modern culture.

Rainbow of Promise: There's No Gender in Heaven

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
do we lose our sense of smell? our appearance? our sense of time? do we lose the need to travel from place to place? do we lose how new memories form or how old memories work? what about touch? after all, those are things that have to do with being a creature.

I think our true nature is chiefly spirit then soul then creature. what spirit is is pretty vague to most ( it should be since it is one of the most primordial and fundamental parts of reality ). I also think that being a creature helps to make us part of what we are but that the nature of reality is that we are going to be for all eternity so I imagine that we will forever become seeing as even in this world we are constantly becoming.

I think that there will always be different forms of being and that we shall experience them forever and according to our personality interacting with God and with other souls. I think this because I don't think that Gods glory will ever run out. we shall forever ascend with and to God, ever becoming more and more of ourselves for the pleasure and joy of God and his people.

so I think sex is chiefly union and play with God and that we have the shadow of it in the human nature of sexual procreation.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Superhero Sam said:
can we at least agree that doesnt matter and isn't very relevant?

Genesis 1:29-31
Isaiah 11:6-9
Romans 8:19-22
Yes, they'll be there.

These verses show it does matter to Yahweh God, and there is relevance, regardless that it might not have relevance to the topic of this thread.

Superhero Sam said:
Doesn't that refer to the Millenium and not the world to come?

No, not exclusively. What changes occur in this world in the millennium after Jesus Christ's return, under his reign, are godly towards the perfection of God's design, as there was in the beginning, and that was without suffering or death to any animate creature. Those changes toward the perfection in the design from the beginning will be for the eternity, it is what creation groans for in hope of the revealing of the manifestation of the redemption.

Noxot said:
do we lose our sense of smell? our appearance? our sense of time? do we lose the need to travel from place to place? do we lose how new memories form or how old memories work? what about touch? after all, those are things that have to do with being a creature.
I think our true nature is chiefly spirit then soul then creature. what spirit is is pretty vague to most ( it should be since it is one of the most primordial and fundamental parts of reality ). I also think that being a creature helps to make us part of what we are but that the nature of reality is that we are going to be for all eternity so I imagine that we will forever become seeing as even in this world we are constantly becoming.
I think that there will always be different forms of being and that we shall experience them forever and according to our personality interacting with God and with other souls. I think this because I don't think that Gods glory will ever run out. we shall forever ascend with and to God, ever becoming more and more of ourselves for the pleasure and joy of God and his people.

so I think sex is chiefly union and play with God and that we have the shadow of it in the human nature of sexual procreation.

There was some time in the past when I could think that there was some such sort of evolutionary processes for our destiny in eternity, as certain writers were known to espouse. But it seems the perfection shown in creation at the beginning, as revealed at the start of the Bible, shown also in visions for what will be newly created in the future, is what there should be. There would certainly be growth still, with what increase we can have with learning, but what was humanity for the redeemed will still be humanity, according to the perfect design in the beginning, without sin and without the nature to sin. We will have eternal bliss with loving Yahweh God who loves us.

I really question if sex is chiefly union and play with God, how is it so when fornication is widespread in society and widely acceptable within it providing it is between consenting adults in their own privacy? This among those being ungodly does not seem to be that, there is not likely real consideration of God in that.

As gender is in physical characteristics with sex of a person in being human, such can be expected for the design for eternity.

How there is to be bliss in Heaven for eternity with relationship with God which is greater than anything remains to be discovered, it may be among the things not lawful to be revealed now.

Reactions: Sammy-San
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
These verses show it does matter to Yahweh God, and there is relevance, regardless that it might not have relevance to the topic of this thread.

No, not exclusively. What changes occur in this world in the millennium after Jesus Christ's return, under his reign, are godly towards the perfection of God's design, as there was in the beginning, and that was without suffering or death to any animate creature. Those changes toward the perfection in the design from the beginning will be for the eternity, it is what creation groans for in hope of the revealing of the manifestation of the redemption.

There was some time in the past when I could think that there was some such sort of evolutionary processes for our destiny in eternity, as certain writers were known to espouse. But it seems the perfection shown in creation at the beginning, as revealed at the start of the Bible, shown also in visions for what will be newly created in the future, is what there should be. There would certainly be growth still, with what increase we can have with learning, but what was humanity for the redeemed will still be humanity, according to the perfect design in the beginning, without sin and without the nature to sin. We will have eternal bliss with loving Yahweh God who loves us.

I really question if sex is chiefly union and play with God, how is it so when fornication is widespread in society and widely acceptable within it providing it is between consenting adults in their own privacy? This among those being ungodly does not seem to be that, there is not likely real consideration of God in that.

As gender is in physical characteristics with sex of a person in being human, such can be expected for the design for eternity.

How there is to be bliss in Heaven for eternity with relationship with God which is greater than anything remains to be discovered, it may be among the things not lawful to be revealed now.

What is your view on the thread?

To me the comments are not relevant. What is relevant is that God is just in what he says is appropriate and not appropriate-including the issue of intimate relationships in this life and being like the angels in the next life. If something isn't a part of God's plan for the future, it is perfect, regardless of human opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:

What is your view on the thread?

To me the comments are not relevant. What is relevant is that God is just in what he says is appropriate and not appropriate-including the issue of intimate relationships in this life and being like the angels in the next life. If something isn't a part of God's plan for the future, it is perfect, regardless of human opinion.

If you look at my response to Noxot, how does it look like I don't answer that? We wouldn't lose physical gender characteristics in the hereafter, but in Heaven, rather than having sex, there would be greater bliss, though we can't know anything more about it, and saying anything more regarding it is guessing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you look at my response to Noxot, how does it look like I don't answer that? We wouldn't lose physical gender characteristics in the hereafter, but in Heaven, rather than having sex, there would be greater bliss, though we can't know anything more about it, and saying anything more regarding it is guessing.

Is the New Earth Heaven?

My theories to this thread are certain things aren't appropriate in Heaven, or when God decides to create everyone in a perfect world with the perfect number of people-he feels certain things aren't suitable.

Upvote 0

jesse67

Mar 15, 2017
Portland, oregon
✟18,308.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The reason, I ask because it said we are no longer given in marriage and we are like angels. So are just stop being sexual brings? Sex is big part of being human after all. Your input brothers and Sister in Christ.

Danny
well, I think we will always be men and women because that's how god created us. But since we won't be tempted anymore, that leads me to believe that we won't have sexual desire anymore in the kingdom age to come. I think the love of God that we will experience will far surpass the joy of sex so that sexual desire will be supplanted by the love of god that will be super strong. The love of god is or can be supremely potent to the point of blotting out this world when one experiences it, but in the next it will be even greater. So sex will be so far below what we will experience in the Love of God in the next life, that it will never come up. That's how I see it. It's like why go back to ridding a tricycle when you can drive a corvette stingray.

Reactions: Sammy-San
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Superhero Sam said:
Is the New Earth Heaven?
My theories to this thread are certain things aren't appropriate in Heaven, or when God decides to create everyone in a perfect world with the perfect number of people-he feels certain things aren't suitable.

jesse67 said:
I think we will always be men and women because that's how god created us.

This is basically the right answer. God's perfect design that pleases God corresponds to what will be in eternity through the redemption. If the new Earth had reproduction to fill it, that would be from starting completely over, and scrapping everything from the first Earth. But Yahweh who is love is not willing that any perish, and has opportunity for any humans who repent, and for creation, which waits in hope for that manifestation of revelation of the redemption, to be brought into the promised new heavens and new earth. But though reproduction is not called for, just as it would only be for a stage in the first world had there been no fall and no curse but remained in the perfection of God's design, the creation of us to be men and women is the pleasing creation for us, to be in the image of God, for this to continue, in the new Earth as well. There will be other bliss, though, greater that is in the relationship for us with God, through Christ.

It is complicating it to bring in the separate issue to discuss whether the new Earth is Heaven. The very simplest answer, to be right about it, is no, it isn't. But the sinlessness and what is right in the afterlife is the same, so Heaven we refer to can refer to both. The destination for us is actually to inhabit the heavenly city that reaches from Heaven to the new Earth, the ultimate great mountain of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is basically the right answer. God's perfect design that pleases God corresponds to what will be in eternity through the redemption. If the new Earth had reproduction to fill it, that would be from starting completely over, and scrapping everything from the first Earth. But Yahweh who is love is not willing that any perish, and has opportunity for any humans who repent, and for creation, which waits in hope for that manifestation of revelation of the redemption, to be brought into the promised new heavens and new earth. But though reproduction is not called for, just as it would only be for a stage in the first world had there been no fall and no curse but remained in the perfection of God's design, the creation of us to be men and women is the pleasing creation for us, to be in the image of God, for this to continue, in the new Earth as well. There will be other bliss, though, greater that is in the relationship for us with God, through Christ.

It is complicating it to bring in the separate issue to discuss whether the new Earth is Heaven. The very simplest answer, to be right about it, is no, it isn't. But the sinlessness and what is right in the afterlife is the same, so Heaven we refer to can refer to both. The destination for us is actually to inhabit the heavenly city that reaches from Heaven to the new Earth, the ultimate great mountain of God.

Do you believe that the New Earth will be larger than the current earth?

Upvote 0