Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
would you consider androgyny to be sinful or perverted?
We were talking about Heaven, so am not sure how to see that as either if indeed that is the state of our bodies there. My thoughts are that God made us male and female, so we will remain that way in the next life.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not sure who this is directed at, but I agree. Sex according to God's design is not evil by any means. It's good and it serves a holy purpose. However, we know from Holy Scriptures that in the beginning God instituted marriage between man and woman. But we also know that in Christ there is no male or female (that's not to say that in our current age we should all live celibate), and we will not be taken or given in marriage in the resurrection. In other words, I think when considering the restoration of all things, I don't think it will be a complete revert to Eden, but rather that all things are made new in a way that we don't understand, because it's not fully revealed to us, and Eden, or, the New Jerusalem is brought forth through that.
In the words of our Lord: "Behold, I am making all things new."

What about animals?

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟402,721.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
What about animals?

Sorry, what's the question? If there are animals in the resurrection? I don't know about the created order in the resurrection beyond what Scriptures reveal. There are probably arguments for and against, but I think it becomes speculation at this point. All we really know is that our Lord Jesus Christ makes all things new. What that looks like exactly, I don't think any man can fathom.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, what's the question? If there are animals in the resurrection? I don't know about the created order in the resurrection beyond what Scriptures reveal. There are probably arguments for and against, but I think it becomes speculation at this point. All we really know is that our Lord Jesus Christ makes all things new. What that looks like exactly, I don't think any man can fathom.

can we at least agree that doesnt matter and isn't very relevant?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Given that God and angels are all male, and yet non-sexual in every way, what does that say about gender?
Can male really said to be a mode of being without being counterpoised by the female?
Can left exist without right, the head of a coin without the tail?
I have heard that one before. I wonder if you should say, 'all the angels recorded in the bible were male'?

It is true that men are called the sons of god also, but man kind is male and female.

So...what proof do you have that all angels are male? I don't really know myself.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Given that God and angels are all male, and yet non-sexual in every way, what does that say about gender?
Can male really said to be a mode of being without being counterpoised by the female?
Can left exist without right, the head of a coin without the tail?

What is your point? How does that prove that in the next life we will have sexuality? We won't-we will all be like brothers and sisters to each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I have heard that one before. I wonder if you should say, 'all the angels recorded in the bible were male'?

It is true that men are called the sons of god also, but man kind is male and female.

So...what proof do you have that all angels are male? I don't really know myself.
You are right. Absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence.
Suffice it to say that all angels that the Bible saw as worthy to note are male.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To quote Billy Graham in one of his books," This may indicate that angels enjoy relationships that are far more thrilling and exciting than sex."
They may. Apparently some married women here though long ago, and I doubt it was just for the shopping.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Sons of God and daughters of men is how the passage goes, doesn't it?

Apparently then, angels are gendered, but enacting their gender in a sexual way is part of their fallen state, biblically speaking at least.

In terms of biology and human nature, sexuality is about reproduction of self into the future, and it is more meaningful in regards to mortals who otherwise have limits on their future. Sexuality is our tie to the future, and and expression of our will to immortality, to be the icon of the eternal God, if you will.

For immortals, reproduction becomes redundant. Simply put, angels have no need to project themselves into the future through the wombs of mortal women. Time holds no limit for them.

I suppose we can liken the sexuality of these sons of God to this our modern age of sex in the times of birth control and abortion. Sex serves another purpose. Rather than immortality and generating one's godliness into the future through the creation and sustenance of the next generation, taking women is much more about self-image and power and status symbols.

This is really not the stuff of heaven. None of us can know heaven now through experience of course, but it is illogical to think that such a mindset defines what is good.
Well, on second thought, this is disputed by the wisdom of our own age, isn't it? Sexuality as self-fulfillment is in fact defined as the good in modern culture.

Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0