Left coast
✟55,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think sex will be in Heaven. I hope not anyway. Sex can sometimes lead to issues here on earth, and that can be bad.

I think we'll be perfect and unbound by physical desires, surrounded by the purest love that negates any earthly lusts.
Yeah, I can understand the point and I agree we certainly could not have all the sinful abuse of it occurring in the next life. Use to never give this a second thought and assumed we would not. Still don't give it much thought unless someone raises the issue like the OP did, but now I wonder if we might......

We were given these bodies though and not some other type. Would seem odd in the next life we would have parts capable of many functions all very important to our life now, but either no longer have those parts at all (seems odd in itself) or lose all but maybe a purely digestive purpose or maybe we lose that too. But then we have parts we don't need. I dunno and do not think we can know with any certainty. We can know and properly insist no matter what else we hold as opinion, it is absolutely true that there will be no more sin. That truth of necessity includes all our personal abuse of this aspect of our nature, whether mental or physical violations of God's law and order (natural order).

In a Godly marriage we gain so much happiness and unity from this aspect of our nature that helps cements our bonds. So it is not like we are incapable of using our bodies correctly, the way He intended us to, while also keeping our human dignity and honor without violating natural law (the order He gave things). And from a pleasure standpoint it does often occupy a lot of space in our conscience, which we know we will still have in the next life. Conscious that is. Some would posit that focus is a biologically reproductive driven necessity, which as most of us agree reproduction is absent in the next life, it would then make sense that drive is gone. But even there am unclear how to insist an absence of reproduction drive equates to no more need for the pleasure or unity that it can bring us now (and this applies even at my age and older).

If we could have the use in the next life without out all the bad stuff, which is at least possible even now, I wonder then. And I had never given that much thought until reading the "Travel Guide to Heaven", which like my rambling here is speculation where it devotes a chapter to this subject. He rather suggests why not, as in why couldn't it be at least a part of eternal Happiness. It would be a two edge sword sort of thing though as the thought alone could lead us to sin now if we did not take care. So personally am rather glad we don't know and content with being assured the offer He gave us is our hope for eternal Happiness. That is not a hope based on in any specific detail or knowledge of what Happiness might actually mean.

Of course this is all speculative as others mentioned here already, we honestly don't know. We could also speculate about passing baked cookie smelling purple gas along with manna for animals and writing our names on clouds with edible, bio-friendly, selectively rainbow colored honey. Certainly funny for and probably make at least some of us happy, especially for some of my "hey yal watch this" buddies. Now that I wrote that, such thought would go toward resolving some digestive function questions if we assume we are also eating there, one of many possible speculative answers I guess.
Anyway. He said Heaven would blow our minds, so regardless what that entails am sure it will and those in Heaven will be as He intended us all to be eternally happy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The reason, I ask because it said we are no longer given in marriage and we are like angels. So are just stop being sexual brings? Sex is big part of being human after all. Your input brothers and Sister in Christ.

Danny

Danny God defined the sacredness of marriage between a man and a women and said you shall twain as one flesh and be fruitful and to multiply.

In heaven there is no biological procreative function of marriage between a man and women and its resulting multiplying effect. This does not mean that angels are genderless or neutered as far as personaility is concerned. There is a clear definition of sons and daughters of God, the way God creates and defines them as such.
In short in heaven which is the Father's house, God defines them.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟304,048.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What would be the purpose of gender in a fully desexualized world?
Wouldn't gender become as redundant as teats on a boar in such a world?
Wow, I hadn't heard that since my dad would say it when I was a kid. It was usually mingled with much French dialect that can't be repeated ;)

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟55,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well we must grant this is all speculative, but this is part of the speculation of why not sex.

The idea our bodies morph into something no longer reflecting exactly what He made us seems counter intuitive to the dignity and honor He has given our race among all created beings (we know of). So either we become androgynous yet somehow recognizable versions of our current self or we have all the same parts we have now. Then we ask if the body is same, what functions remains. Appears eating and breathing are still involved though am sure will have a much better control and wholeness or completeness of it, perhaps including more abilities...etc. all of which we obviously lack now. And so we could look at other functions as well. Reproduction seems out for the same reasons we would suggest it better He made the angles that way.

Once we get past the various sins related to the sexual aspects of our nature and we recognize that we can validly enjoy that right now following His Command and assigned order for us without sinning, then it seems why not becomes a valid question. Why would that necessarily stop and if it didn't stop why couldn't it be done even more perfectly perhaps in the next life without sinning. Again all speculative.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟817,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
So we can be who we are; as God created us maybe? I tend not to question the wisdom of God; if it makes no sense to me, it is only because I do not understand.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So we can be who we are; as God created us maybe? I tend not to question the wisdom of God; if it makes no sense to me, it is only because I do not understand.
I am not questioning God's wisdom so much as pointing out why it is inexplicable to me that this would be so.
For all the convoluted reasons that our bodies evolved into the form that they did, they have their own logic to them nevertheless, including sexual differentiation, in which the complete organism in regard to sexual function is not one person, but two.
The meaning behind the morphology of our body is clear enough. What is not clear is what purpose is served by the resurrection of the body in the same form as it exists in today.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't think sex will be in Heaven. I hope not anyway. Sex can sometimes lead to issues here on earth, and that can be bad.

I think we'll be perfect and unbound by physical desires, surrounded by the purest love that negates any earthly lusts.

That is purely Greek thinking, not Biblical in any way. The Greeks believed that the physical, which was changeable corrupted the spiritual, which was changeless and eternal. Christ's resurrection, and ours to come where we gain incorruptible bodies, are clear statements about the nature of our future life.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is purely Greek thinking, not Biblical in any way. The Greeks believed that the physical, which was changeable corrupted the spiritual, which was changeless and eternal. Christ's resurrection, and ours to come where we gain incorruptible bodies, are clear statements about the nature of our future life.

John
NZ

Will will be ageless like fantasy novel beings?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well we must grant this is all speculative, but this is part of the speculation of why not sex.

The idea our bodies morph into something no longer reflecting exactly what He made us seems counter intuitive to the dignity and honor He has given our race among all created beings (we know of). So either we become androgynous yet somehow recognizable versions of our current self or we have all the same parts we have now. Then we ask if the body is same, what functions remains. Appears eating and breathing are still involved though am sure will have a much better control and wholeness or completeness of it, perhaps including more abilities...etc. all of which we obviously lack now. And so we could look at other functions as well. Reproduction seems out for the same reasons we would suggest it better He made the angles that way.

Once we get past the various sins related to the sexual aspects of our nature and we recognize that we can validly enjoy that right now following His Command and assigned order for us without sinning, then it seems why not becomes a valid question. Why would that necessarily stop and if it didn't stop why couldn't it be done even more perfectly perhaps in the next life without sinning. Again all speculative.

What do you mean by androgynous?

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟55,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean by androgynous?
nothing more than the way a most mannequins (at least most use to) have no obvious genitalia or even nipples for example. So the idea was either we have the parts or we do not in the next life. If we don't have those parts then we obviously would look much less obviously maLe or female.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
nothing more than the way a most mannequins (at least most use to) have no obvious genitalia or even nipples for example. So the idea was either we have the parts or we do not in the next life. If we don't have those parts then we obviously would look much less obviously make or female.

so we look neither or both?

Isnt androgynous a perverted thing, like cross dressing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟55,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so we look neither or both?

Isnt androgynous a perverted thing, like cross dressing?
Can be and also to someone looking rather gender neutral. That was not my meaning, simply without the gender parts we have now, we would look much less male or female.

Last edited:
Upvote 0