catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a problem I have. "Overwhelming" "Transformed", it means we'll be changed to the point we'll cease to be us. That's almost as much as hell as hell, because you're no longer you. All you focus on is worshipping God and his glory. It would be like going to church and kneeling every second for all eternity. That's not the kind of existence I think most people would want. Something like that is still brainwashing to be a certain way and lose everything that made you "you". It's like having the "God doesn't interfere with free will" view (which I think is false since he interfered with free will even in the Bible) and then having that view snatched away. You cease to be you. "You" then die because you're changed so much.

Again, two afterlife sides and both of them are awful in different ways if that's the case. One you stay yourself and are tortured. The other you are unrecognizable as your old personality and just want to worship.

A lot of speculation guesses, don't you agree? Why think only one activity, or that you could tire?

Here's my speculation mixed in with some things in scripture: the wedding feast will be over the top wonderful. Then, it will take a billion years to get to know everyone, and then I'll want to start over. Absolute bliss. Like one good experience after another. Or one peak experience after...

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If everything is sinful and all "sin" is eradicated, then that means that by what you're saying that we completely lose who we are in heaven.

I think most (me included) would want to stay as they are and keep their personalities and memories rather than being brainwashed to have the old you be eradicated and no longer having a mind of your own and just being part of a worship-centered thinks-about-nothing-else-with-no-free-thought collective.

.........................................................I wouldn't. I'd love to have a mind free of all the crap from the past. :234:

• Agree
Reactions: Silmarien
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
.........................................................I wouldn't. I'd love to have a mind free of all the crap from the past. :234:

Well I wouldn't object to having "all the crap from the past" removed, but I think most of us have interests that are outside of worship. If that's all we do in heaven than we stop being us. If it was implied that all our worst memories would be calmed or erased I wouldn't really have a problem, nut some points indicate that that we only will be focused on worshipping God and giving him glory and nothing else. THAT is what I object to.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would say no becuase the pain of memorizing people who you know for sure...friends...cousins...maybe your own parents... that died outside of christ would be too much. Also the bible indicates this as well when it talks about how their will be no pain and such...IDk about you but thinking about someone who is in hell while i'm up there is pain.

The bible isn't clear on this though we know the saints get a new body but that's it really and I guess it's cause it isn't important to know while on Earth but it's a good question nevertheless.

And they wouldn't have to BE in hell if God created a "separation from God" place that wasn't "eternal torture and the exact opposite of love and more evil sadism".

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I wouldn't object to having "all the crap from the past" removed, but I think most of us have interests that are outside of worship. If that's all we do in heaven than we stop being us. If it was implied that all our worst memories would be calmed or erased I wouldn't really have a problem, nut some points indicate that that we only will be focused on worshipping God and giving him glory and nothing else. THAT is what I object to.

The wording is "a new heaven and a new Earth".

God Himself will dwell with them. Sounds like some walking is involved, right?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think you need to expand your definition as to what 'counts' as worship. It's not just singing hymns and bowing and lowing like cattle, Crystal. .....goodness gracious!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't read through all the posts so forgive me if I repeat offend here, CD I "believe" we will have our memory and be who we are and were, because bible said : HE formed us in our mothers womb. I "believe" that anything sad or sorrowful will not be in the mind or remembered, He's gonna wipe away those tears, no hurt and no pain. And I don't know if you read the Praise Report I posted earlier today or not, but the guy that drowned had this to say, as I spoke with him today: it was the most eye opening experience I have EVER had, I had nothing but peace overwhelm me, I felt no pain or struggle, just peace. MY REPLY: dude you trying to tell me you drowning and 8 feet sunk to the bottom and there was NO PAIN and you were at total peace, quit pulling my leg. Once again: I felt nothing but blissful peace and I have no words for it.

YOU GO GIRL !!!

There's my 3 1/2 cents worth :D

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If everything is sinful
... as YHWH says clearly in His Word (The BIBLE).

and all "sin" is eradicated
oops --- GIGANTIC SLIP/ FAIL --- the penalty for sin is still today death. Sin has not been eradicated.

then that means that by what you're saying that we completely lose who we are in heaven.
Long, long before heaven (long long before the life to come).
'Time-wise' might be very short time until last chance gone.
'long, long' refers (not just to time, but) to vast chasm between carnal mankind and heaven - a chasm no one can cross.

"Who we (men/mankind) are" on earth is despicable, vile , UNheavenly sinners in the flesh, not even seeking God nor seeking heaven.

Jesus came to save sinners, but will not save those who do not repent.

Thus 2 choices: remain completely sinful in the old nature, and perish.
or
seek YHWH while HE may be found.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've lost a lot of my memory ALREADY - just due to age...
Haha I know that's right

2e52c9e9ace8c57fcd6d9b309aae6ca7.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And they wouldn't have to BE in hell if God created a "separation from God" place that wasn't "eternal torture and the exact opposite of love and more evil sadism".
YHWH describes everything clearly in His Word.

The world and most religion and most religious leaders never find out or at least never teach the truth.

The ideas you learned in your life and have posted disrespectful of YHWH and HIS WORD will have to be changed in order to see heaven - only the pure in heart ever get to see heaven, and only YHWH can accomplish this.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
YHWH describes everything clearly in His Word.

The world and most religion and most religious leaders never find out or at least never teach the truth.

The ideas you learned in your life and have posted disrespectful of YHWH and HIS WORD will have to be changed in order to see heaven - only the pure in heart ever get to see heaven, and only YHWH can accomplish this.

"Only the pure in heart"?

Didn't Jesus say in the Bible that anyone who believed in him would get to heaven? Hitler was Roman Catholic. That would mean he'd be in heaven too.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

Didn't Jesus say in the Bible that anyone who believed in him would get to heaven? Hitler was Roman Catholic. That would mean he'd be in heaven too.
That doesn't make sense.
There is no SCRIPTURAL Evidence nor history that Hitler was saved, he was not pure in heart, and Scripturally when he died he had no hope for heaven.
Hitler was what JESUS called "son of the devil".

If anyone believes in JESUS as WRITTEN in HIS WORD(THE BIBLE),
and are saved, (as written),
they have a pure heart. Otherwise, they are not HIS.

Not one WORD of HIS can be broken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
One of several references in God's Word concerning pure heart:

1 Peter 1:21-23Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
21 Through Him you believe in (adhere to, rely on) God, Who raised Him up from the dead and gave Him honor and glory, so that your faith and hope are [centered and rest] in God.

22 Since by your obedience to the Truth through the [Holy] Spirit you have purified your hearts for the sincere affection of the brethren, [see that you] love one another fervently from a pure heart.

23 You have been regenerated (born again), not from a mortal a]">[a]origin (b]">[b]seed, sperm), but from one that is immortal by the ever living and lasting Word of God.

Footnotes:
  1. 1 Peter 1:23 Joseph Thayer, A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament.
  2. 1 Peter 1:23 G. Abbott-Smith, Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
A few more on a pure heart in Christians shown in Scripture:

1 Timothy 1:5
Whereas the object and purpose of our instruction and charge is love, which springs from a pure heart and a good (clear) conscience and sincere (unfeigned) faith.

2 Timothy 2:22
Shun youthful lusts and flee from them, and aim at and pursue righteousness (all that is virtuous and good, right living, conformity to the will of God in thought, word, and deed); [and aim at and pursue] faith, love, [and] peace (harmony and concord with others) in fellowship with all [Christians], who call upon the Lord out of a pure heart.

Titus 1:15
To the pure [in heart and conscience] all things are pure, but to the defiled and corrupt and unbelieving nothing is pure; their very minds and consciences are defiled and polluted. They profess to know God [to recognize, perceive, and be acquainted with Him], but deny and disown and renounce Him by what they do; they are detestable and loathsome, unbelieving and disobedient and disloyal and rebellious, and [they are] unfit and worthless for good work (deed or enterprise) of any kind.

Hebrews 10:22
Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
1 Thessalonians 3:12-13Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
12 And may the Lord make you to increase and excel and overflow in love for one another and for all people, just as we also do for you,

13 So that He may strengthen
and confirm
and establish your hearts faultlessly pure
.................................and unblamable in holiness
in the sight of our God
and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) with all His saints (the a]">[a]holy and glorified people of God)! Amen, (so be it)!

Footnotes:
  1. 1 Thessalonians 3:13 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Even Greater Promise from YHWH to believers:

Philippians 1:9-10Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
9 And this I pray: that your love may abound yet more and more and extend to its fullest development in knowledge and all keen insight [that your love may a]">[a]display itself in greater depth of acquaintance and more comprehensive discernment],

10 So that you may surely learn to sense what is vital, and approve and prize what is excellent and of real value [recognizing the highest and the best, and distinguishing the moral differences],

and that you may be untainted and pure
and unerring
and blameless [so that with hearts sincere and certain and unsullied, you may approach] the day of Christ [not stumbling nor causing others to stumble].

Footnotes:
  1. Philippians 1:9 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies in the New Testament.

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here's the thing: hell is an awful place. I have things I could say on it but I won't (yet) for the purposes of this thread.

If we have any sort of conscience at all, we'd feel terrible for those suffering in hell. But it's said that in heaven there will be no more tears, and we'll only be focused on worshipping God.

By the sound of it, in heaven we basically lose our memories and personalities and are only focused on worshipping God and nothing else.

If that's the case, then if we discount Purgatory our afterlife options are either being tortured forever in hell or being brainwashed until we aren't "us" anymore in heaven. Which if that's the case then God is not love and is instead a sadistic tyrant.

So, DO we lose our memories in heaven? Are we able to stay who we were on Earth? If our memories are erased, then what was the point of us being judged for our actions if God could easily wire our brains to act a certain way from when we were young?

Peace be with you.

We retain our memories in Heaven. This is from Catholic Tradition.

I know you are a sensitive and good soul, CrystalDragon.

Don't you worry about Hell. God is infinitely just and fair.

God is also sensitive and good just like you.

God created you so rest assured He can understand things just like you too.

I will think about what you have said because I think wise words should be pondered on.

I admire your compassionate and merciful heart, CrystalD.

I think I am in need of a few doses of your gentle and compassionate words to heal my hardened views.

Thank you, Sweetheart. You are a Great Blessing in CF.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And even greater , probably best known sermon of Jesus:

Matthew 5:7-9Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
7 Blessed (happy, a]">[a]to be envied, and b]">[b]spiritually prosperous—c]">[c]with life-joy and satisfaction in God’s favor and salvation, regardless of their outward conditions) are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy!

8 Blessed (happy, d]">[d]enviably fortunate, and e]">[e]spiritually prosperous—possessing the f]">[f]happiness produced by the experience of God’s favor and especially conditioned by the revelation of His grace, regardless of their outward conditions) are the pure in heart, for they shall see God!

9 Blessed (enjoying g]">[g]enviable happiness, h]">[h]spiritually prosperous—i]">[i]with life-joy and satisfaction in God’s favor and salvation, regardless of their outward conditions) are the makers and j]">[j] maintainers of peace, for they shall be called the sons of God!

Footnotes:
  1. Matthew 5:7 Alexander Souter, Pocket Lexicon.
  2. Matthew 5:7 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.
  3. Matthew 5:7 Hermann Cremer, Biblico-Theological Lexicon.
  4. Matthew 5:8 Alexander Souter, Pocket Lexicon.
  5. Matthew 5:8 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.
  6. Matthew 5:8 Hermann Cremer, Biblico-Theological Lexicon.
  7. Matthew 5:9 Alexander Souter, Pocket Lexicon.
  8. Matthew 5:9 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.
  9. Matthew 5:9 Hermann Cremer, Biblico-Theological Lexicon.
  10. Matthew 5:9 William Tyndale, The Tyndale Bible.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You forget that if you are a true believer of Jesus, you will enjoy worshipping God, even for eternity.

And would you rather live in paradise but worship God for eternity, or burn forever?

I am telling this to you out of love but you should reaffirm your faith and seek Jesus.

Upvote 0