Do we live near the last days? What does Revelation 18 mean?

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The 7th Trumpet sounds bringing forth the 3rd Woe, the Two-witnesses are already dead by this point in time. There is 75 days left until the Second Coming from this point in time. Nothing you describe even fits brother, the Angel that opens the Bottomless pit is the 5th Trumpet (1st Woe), so how do you even go there brother?
Yes to the part in blue. No to the part in red.

The 7 vials are not called a woe. Satan being cast down to earth, the anger he has to take out on the inhabitors of the earth is called a woe. It is the third woe in Revelation, called a woe.

Satan then has a time, times, half time left. Which puts the two witnesses, death and resurrection, ahead of the time, times, half time.

1260 days + 3 1/2 days....7th trumpet sounds, then the war in the second heaven..... Satan kicked down, the third woe.....a time, times, half time left.

Nothing you describe even fits brother, the Angel that opens the Bottomless pit is the 5th Trumpet (1st Woe), so how do you even go there brother?

What I am saying is the only thing that does fit. It is Satan who is given the key to the bottomless pit, when he falling down to the earth. It is not talking about some random angel in Revelation 9:1.... with no reason for him to be falling to earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Two-witnesses die just before the Beast dies, there is NO WAY they can be on earth 1260 days preaching as Witnesses, preach for 1260 days before the BEAST comes to power, than preach or Witness all the way to the 2nd Woe and be on earth only 1260 days, it just does not fit brother !!
He is NOT THE BEAST for most of the first half of the 7 years! He will be thought by the Jews to be the messiah, and the world will be saying peace and safety during that time, thinking it has entered the messianic age.

They will be preaching against the person while he is the Antichrist, illegitimate King of Israel, during that first 3 years plus; prophesying what he is going to do and what is going to happen.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is called the good book because it is all about Jesus Christ and his love for all his creation including satan
1John3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

God does not love Satan. It goes back before this present earth and before humans, when Satan wanted to be higher than God and sit in God's place. There was a primordial world before this one, but Satan and his angels ruined that one by making the creatures into the fearsome dinosaurs - such that world had to be destroyed, leaving the world formless without shape. God's plan to destroy Satan and his works goes back before this world and before man.

Ezekiel 28
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God does not love Satan.

Matthew 5:43-48
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:

Satan is the enemy of GOD.
God would not tell us to do something he himself would not do.

Common saying: love the sinner hate the sin.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 5:43-48
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:

Satan is the enemy of GOD.
God would not tell us to do something he himself would not do.

Common saying: love the sinner hate the sin.
It is talking about human enemies. Not rebellious angels.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is talking about human enemies. Not rebellious angels.

God is the same to all that is his character He is Love no hate is found in him.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God is the same to all that is his character He is Love no hate is found in him.

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1John3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Well lets look at verses of 1 John 3: 4 & 5
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins;

Verse 8 say the same thing as verse 5 verse 8 clarifies that our sins are the works of the devil. No way do these verses imply that the Lord does not Love satan.

Remeber the scriptures are of no private interpertation.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness tha

Your are right these are sins that the LORD hates. We were discussing your statement
"Douggg said:
God does not love Satan."

My statement
"Original Happy Camper said:
God is the same to all that is his character He is Love no hate is found in him."

was in reference to created beings not sins.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your are right these are sins that the LORD hates. We were discussing your statement
"Douggg said:
God does not love Satan."

My statement
"Original Happy Camper said:
God is the same to all that is his character He is Love no hate is found in him."

was in reference to created beings not sins.
Not only does God not love Satan, God hates Satan. God hates him and is going to destroy him and all his works.

What is going on in Revelation, when the 7th trumpet sounds, God is bringing the hammer down on Satan, to put into action his long planned destruction of Satan and all of his works. Mystery, Babylon the great is the kingdom of Satan, that has been doing all of Satan's works.

Revelation 16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

What you should be saying is no injustice is found in God. God is long suffering and full of grace and love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not only does God not love Satan, God hates Satan. God hates him and is going to destroy him and all his works.

What is going on in Revelation, when the 7th trumpet sounds, God is bringing the hammer down on Satan, to put into action his long planned destruction of Satan and all of his works. Mystery, Babylon the great is the kingdom of Satan, that has been doing all of Satan's works.

Revelation 16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

What you should be saying is no injustice is found in God. God is long suffering and full of grace and love.

Does GOD hate all the sinners that will be destroyed with satan in the lake of fire?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Does GOD hate all the sinners that will be destroyed with satan in the lake of fire?
Of course not. It will be a tragedy. The lake of fire was not intended for humans, but the rebellious angels. But those creatures sucked men into their destiny, that is the depth of their evil.

Different from the way God feels about humans, God hates Satan from before this world was made. The events about to take place go beyond earth, to heaven. Mystery, Babylon the great is the kingdom of Satan, that has been doing all of Satan's works, every since Satan and his angels got kicked out of the third heaven when they first rebelled.

We as human beings don't tend to see the bible in that way, as a book about God's destruction of Satan and his works; instead we focus on what impacts us, salvation, Israel, etc. And none of us even know what is going on in heaven right now, to have a concept of the daily activities, like we have an awareness of the daily news here on earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of course not. It will be a tragedy. The lake of fire was not intended for humans, but the rebellious angels. But those creatures sucked men into their destiny, that is the depth of their evil.

Different from the way God feels about humans, God hates Satan from before this world was made. The events about to take place go beyond earth, to heaven. Mystery, Babylon the great is the kingdom of Satan, that has been doing all of Satan's works, every since Satan and his angels got kicked out of the third heaven when they first rebelled.

We as human beings don't tend to see the bible in that way, as a book about God's destruction of Satan and his works; instead we focus on what impacts us, salvation, Israel, etc. And none of us even know what is going on in heaven right now, to have a concept of the daily activities, like we have an awareness of the daily news here on earth.

Enough of your opinion about GOD hating Satan provide scripture give me a thus says the LORD

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Enough of your opinion about GOD hating Satan provide scripture give me a thus says the LORD
This reminds of the muslim argument that nowhere in the bible does Jesus say "I am God".

You stated that God loves Satan. You provide a scripture. I can't even bear to say spell it out, it so blasphemous. I am not going to be dragged down a discussion in that reqards. I quit this exchange.

I can tell you, I hate Satan, and can't wait to see his end. I am going to rejoice like all the others in heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes to the part in blue. No to the part in red.
Yes to both, there is not 1260 days left after the 7th Trumpet, that is asinine thinking brother.

The 7 vials are not called a woe. Satan being cast down to earth, the anger he has to take out on the inhabitors of the earth is called a woe. It is the third woe in Revelation, called a woe.
Prey tell then what do you think the 3rd Woe is? Do you think it mentions a 3rd Woe then it never comes? Just like the 7th Seal is ALL SEVEN Trumpets.........the 7th Trump is the 3rd Woe, which is all 7 Vials. There are THREE WOES LEFT......The Demons from the Abyss, the Angelic Army of 200 Million, and the 7 Vials of Gods Wrath.

Rev. 11:14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.15 And the seventh angel sounded;........................................

Likewise the Seventh Seal is ALL 7 Trumpets........Rev. 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

The Seven Trumps are released by JESUS.....with The Seventh Seal, thus the 7th Trumpet is the 3rd Woe which is ALL Seven Vials of Gods Wrath. Thus the SEALS release all of Gods Wrath, that is why they are also called The Lambs Wrath in Rev. ch. 6 !!

Satan is cast down at the Midway point. Dan. 12:1-2 tells you its at the TIME OF TROUBLES when Micheal stands up.

Satan then has a time, times, half time left. Which puts the two witnesses, death and resurrection, ahead of the time, times, half time.
Wrong, since the Two-witnesses die at the 2nd Woe or the 6th Trumpet, the Beast dies in close proximity, not 1260 days later. Your timing is so mixed up it couldn't fit no matter what you do brother. The Two-witnesses show up 75 Days before the Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem. Logic should be enough to make anyone understand, the Two-witnesses do not preach/witness for 1260 days before the Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem, else how would the Anti-Christ DECEIVE them via PEACE ? The Two-witnesses would expose his lies way before they actually do, starting at the 1335, which is 75 days before the 1260.

1260 days + 3 1/2 days....7th trumpet sounds, then the war in the second heaven..... Satan kicked down, the third woe.....a time, times, half time left.
The Middle of the Week is the White Horse.

What I am saying is the only thing that does fit. It is Satan who is given the key to the bottomless pit, when he falling down to the earth. It is not talking about some random angel in Revelation 9:1.... with no reason for him to be falling to earth.
No, I am actually bewildered that an engineer can be so confused via numbers, is there a Bridge you worked on I need to know about......to AVOID ? YIKES !!! ^_^ :amen:

He is NOT THE BEAST for most of the first half of the 7 years! He will be thought by the Jews to be the messiah, and the world will be saying peace and safety during that time, thinking it has entered the messianic age.
And no one is counting the First Half of the 70th Week. He comes to power via the FIRST SEAL, the White Horse. Thus hes the Beast for 42 Months. Th Two-witnesses show up 75 Days before the FIRST SEAL is broken, and thus they die 75 days before the Beast dies.

They will be preaching against the person while he is the Antichrist, illegitimate King of Israel, during that first 3 years plus; prophesying what he is going to do and what is going to happen.
The will be Preaching Jesus Christ Crucified for 75 Days before the Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem. Hes never the King of Israel, that's just a great imagination brother. The Two-witnesses might not even be allowed to say exactly WHO the Anti-Christ/Beast is, he is RELEASED by Jesus Christ and he has to have autonomy or his TAKEOVER of the world might not work, so I think Two-witnesses preach Christ Crucified, and then Jesus' own warnings about the AoD should be enough to give the Jews time to Flee Judea, the Anti-Christ will Conquer Jerusalem 30 Days after the AoD is placed in the Temple at the 1290, the Midway point is the 1260.

God Bless brother.

P.S. Be safe counting sheep, you counted only 3 but there was really a whole herd--err, FLOCK of 2700..:D

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes to both, there is not 1260 days left after the 7th Trumpet, that is asinine thinking brother.
Not 1260 days, but a time, times, half times - which is a little less than 1260 days.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Prey tell then what do you think the 3rd Woe is?
I have been telling you, I don't how many times.

Look at this RT...

Revelaton 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

The third woe is the anger Satan has when is cast down to earth, knowing he has but a little time left - which he takes out his anger on the inhabiters of the earth.

It is right in the text of Revelation 12, following the war in the second heaven, which follows the 1260 days.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

the 7th Trump is the 3rd Woe

The 7th trumpet is not the woe. It announces the woe. Just as the other two trumpets did.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not 1260 days, but a time, times, half times - which is a little less than 1260 days.
Time = Year.....Times = 2 Years and a Half [time] = 1/2 year.

The Lunar Calendar was used, meaning it was 30 day months. Meaning a year was always 360 Days and two years was always 720 days and 1/2 year was always 180 Days.

____

Its always going to add up to 1260 Days on a Lunar Calendar like Israel used brother. By saying asinine, I just meant it doesn't add up......its like saying 20 + 20 = 50. It comes closer to be fatuous or nonsensical I guess in reality

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Time = Year.....Times = 2 Years and a Half [time] = 1/2 year.

The Lunar Calendar was used, meaning it was 30 day months. Meaning a year was always 360 Days and two years was always 720 days and 1/2 year was always 180 Days.

____

Its always going to add up to 1260 Days on a Lunar Calendar like Israel used brother. By saying asinine, I just meant it doesn't add up......its like saying 20 + 20 = 50. It comes closer to be fatuous or nonsensical I guess in reality
Sigh.... why are you arguing with me? It says 1260 days, 42 months, a time, times, half times for a reason. 1260 days ia a precise to-the-day expression. 42 months is used to represent a little lest than 1260days. As is the time, times, half times.

A person can track right through Revelation 12 alone, by itself, and see it. Everything is in sequence.

1260 days + the war in the second heaven time + the remaining time, times, half times = 2520 days.

For the 42 months....

1260 days + 3 1/2 days + 1256.5 days (called 42 months) = 2520 days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0