Martinez
✟894,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard countless Christians and pastors leading services say, they 'felt' the presence of the Holy spirit while worshiping. I have searched scriptures tirelessly to find any evidence pointing to a 'feeling' of the presence of the spirit of God outside of the visible manifestations in Acts 2. Some have told me they have been to churches where they didn't 'feel' God's presence. Is the Holy Spirit a person we can feel?
Do we seek for sensationalism when dealing with the Holy Spirit or else?
Please help!
When someone claims they feel the Holy Spirit we hope they are referring to the presence of "truth". God tests the hearts of men and women.

1 Thessalonians 2:4
But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Our church use to sing the following hymn was much joy, shouting, tears, and the like....

Joy Unspeakable - Barney E. Warren

I have found His grace is all complete,
He supplieth every need;
While I sit and learn at Jesus’ feet,
I am free, yes, free indeed.

Refrain:
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Full of glory, full of glory;
Oh, the half has never yet been told.

I have found the pleasure I once craved,
It is joy and peace within;
What a wondrous blessing, I am saved
From the awful gulf of sin.

I have found that hope so bright and clear,
Living in the realm of grace;
Oh, the Savior’s presence is so near,
I can see His smiling face.

I have found the joy no tongue can tell,
How its waves of glory roll;
It is like a great o’erflowing well,
Springing up within my soul.

Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Our church use to sing the following hymn was much joy, shouting, tears, and the like....

Joy Unspeakable - Barney E. Warren

I have found His grace is all complete,
He supplieth every need;
While I sit and learn at Jesus’ feet,
I am free, yes, free indeed.

Refrain:
Full of glory, full of glory;
Oh, the half has never yet been told.

I have found the pleasure I once craved,
It is joy and peace within;
What a wondrous blessing, I am saved
From the awful gulf of sin.

I have found that hope so bright and clear,
Living in the realm of grace;
Oh, the Savior’s presence is so near,
I can see His smiling face.

I have found the joy no tongue can tell,
How its waves of glory roll;
It is like a great o’erflowing well,
Springing up within my soul.
I have found this song in a video I made. Our church used to "carry on" more decades ago, but it still brings back memories... Joy Unspeakable! - Barney E. Warren....

Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, joy, peace are fruit of the Holy Spirit. The feelings i asked about are those tingly ones people say they sense while in worship and can tell when the Holy spirit is absent or present in an atmosphere of worship. It sounds as is the presence is tangible.

Joy and such can produce adrenaline, but aside from that, I think the imagination is a key player in any physical feelings brought on by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Revelation 22:10-12

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have heard countless Christians and pastors leading services say, they 'felt' the presence of the Holy spirit while worshiping. I have searched scriptures tirelessly to find any evidence pointing to a 'feeling' of the presence of the spirit of God outside of the visible manifestations in Acts 2. Some have told me they have been to churches where they didn't 'feel' God's presence. Is the Holy Spirit a person we can feel?
Do we seek for sensationalism when dealing with the Holy Spirit or else?
Please help!

The Holy Spirit dwells in us by faith in Jesus Christ; we are not to seek to receive "His Presence" in the worship place nor seek to receive Him again because that is denying He is in us and a departure from the faith in Jesus Christ.

John 16:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

The apostle John warned believers not to believe every spirit but test them; 1 John 4:1 and 1 John 4:2 is saying the same thing as 2 Corinthians 13:5 about where Jesus Christ is presently and that is in our flesh; our bodies which are the temple of the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

So when are testifying to feeling His Presence in the worship place or coming over them again and infilling them again, that is NOT the Holy Spirit, but the spirit of the antichrist.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 4:4 is the line of discernment that many saints that get slain in the spirit or receive a second blessing to speak in tongue as a sign of that other calling, do not apply in testing the spirits as not of God. By ignoring that line of discernment, they will believe every spirit and fall for anything by it.

Matthew 7:21-27 speaks of the miraculous that many do not test the spirits by as they fall down and Luke 13:24-30 speaks of feeling His Presence while in "holy" communion or the "Mass" and they did not test the spirits there either nor were they keeping the faith in Jesus Christ which is the good fight.

I had to rely on Jesus Christ to help me not serve those movements of the spirit in seeking the glory of any of those movements of the spirit, but to serve Him, the Lord Jesus Christ in seeking His glory. I may make a decision to choose to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and nothing else in His name, but there is no power in that decision of will power or sincere intention of my spirit when the flesh is weak. That is why I had asked Him to help me to do that; to serve only Him in seeking His glory as His disciple.

Upvote 0