Do we Canadians owe America an apology for 1750 - 1783?

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I personally am a Canadian who feels that if my ancestors had known what was really going on at the time we actually would have supported America, not England, in the American Revolutionary War.

The History of Banking Control in the United States

Alain Pilote:
We are in 1750. The United States of America does not yet exist; it is the 13 Colonies of the American continent, forming "New England", a possession of the motherland, England. Benjamin Franklin wrote about the population of that time: "Impossible to find a happier and more prosperous population on all the surface of the globe." Going over to England to represent the interests of the Colonies, Franklin was asked how he accounted for the prosperous conditions prevailing in the Colonies, while poverty was rife in the motherland:

"That is simple," Franklin replied. "In the Colonies we issue our own money. It is called Colonial Scrip. We issue it in proper proportion to make the products pass easily from the producers to the consumers. In this manner, creating ourselves our own paper money, we control its purchasing power, and we have no interest to pay to no one."

The English bankers, being informed of that, had a law passed by the British Parliament prohibiting the Colonies from issuing their own money, and ordering them to use only the gold or silver debt-money that was provided in insufficient quantity by the English bankers. The circulating medium of exchange was thus reduced by half.

"In one year," Franklin stated, "the conditions were so reversed that the era of prosperity ended, and a depression set in, to such an extent that the streets of the Colonies were filled with unemployed."

Then the Revolutionary War was launched against England, and was followed by the Declaration of Independence in 1776. History textbooks erroneously teach that it was the tax on tea that triggered the American Revolution. But Franklin clearly stated:

"The Colonies would gladly have borne the little tax on tea and other matters, had it not been the poverty caused by the bad influence of the English bankers on the Parliament: which has caused in the Colonies hatred of England, and the Revolutionary War."

The Founding Fathers of the United States, bearing all these facts in mind, and to protect themselves against the exploitation of the International Bankers, took good care to expressly declare, in the American Constitution, signed at Philadelphia in 1787, Article 1, Section 8, paragraph 5:

"Congress shall have the power to coin money and to regulate the value thereof."

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure about that, but the more recent Canadian-born disaster wrecking the U.S. right now is Justin Bieber and I have yet to receive an apology for that.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dennis, the sentiment is appreciated here. But consider that at that time 1/3 of the Colonists were themselves loyalist Tories, so I guess the Canadian position was to some degree understandable, though I believe wrong. I think history has proven the Revolution to have been just, and to have produced two of the greatest human documents of governance ever, but back then the rightness of the cause may have been harder to anticipate by some.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't hold Brits today responsible for the oppression of the colonies, or the atrocities committed in the Revolutionary War, so I feel no need for them to apologize for them. Why then, would I feel that Canadians today owe me an apology? Canada wasn't even a country back then.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I personally am a Canadian who feels that if my ancestors had known what was really going on at the time we actually would have supported America, not England, in the American Revolutionary War.

Alain Pilote:

YES! And allow me to accept the apologies of all Canadians on behalf of the lower 48 States!

Please send all checks and money orders to:

Hidden In Him
P.O. Box 23324
Cha Ching, CA, 77777

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

Rule Britannia.

Seriously, this kind of thing makes me laugh. Canada was still a British colony for the most part and what wasn't British was French and look what happened in France after the American Revolution.

We owe them nothing.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,617.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Alain Pilote:

You assume that the level of incompetence and stupidity that prevailed in the UK in the godless era (in the establishment) just before the American revolution would have prevailed indefinitely. In fact this kind of stupidity came in waves and mainly disappeared over much of the C19.

The more serious sin was rebelling against the authorities that God had instituted. But hey God seems to have forgiven America and blessed it so why shouldn't I also :)

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You assume that the level of incompetence and stupidity that prevailed in the UK in the godless era (in the establishment) just before the American revolution would have prevailed indefinitely. In fact this kind of stupidity came in waves and mainly disappeared over much of the C19.

The more serious sin was rebelling against the authorities that God had instituted. But hey God seems to have forgiven America and blessed it so why shouldn't I also :)

Just as God raised up King Jereboam as an adversary to King Solomon and to his son King Rehoboam, sometimes God is in rebellions.

1Kings 11:29

And it came to pass at that time when Jeroboam went out of Jerusalem, that the prophet Ahijah the Shilonite found him in the way; and he had clad himself with a new garment; and they two were alone in the field:

And Ahijah caught the new garment that was on him, and rent it in twelve pieces:

And he said to Jeroboam, Take thee ten pieces: for thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, Behold, I will rend the kingdom out of the hand of Solomon, and will give ten tribes to thee:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Just as God raised up King Jereboam as an adversary to King Solomon and to his son King Rehoboam, sometimes God is in rebellions.

1Kings 11:29

And it came to pass at that time when Jeroboam went out of Jerusalem, that the prophet Ahijah the Shilonite found him in the way; and he had clad himself with a new garment; and they two were alone in the field:

And Ahijah caught the new garment that was on him, and rent it in twelve pieces:

And he said to Jeroboam, Take thee ten pieces: for thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, Behold, I will rend the kingdom out of the hand of Solomon, and will give ten tribes to thee:

and this has to do with Canadians apologizing for what exactly?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Canada did not exist at the time.

True.......
and I certainly would not blame anybody for thinking of that as the answer to this question. In a way it is...... but we are facing certain questions and difficulties over the upcoming one to five years that make that question potentially useful.

For one thing........ the towns of Truro and Pugwash Nova Scotia, Canada seem to be highly vulnerable to the threat of rising ocean levels due to the way that the Bay of Fundy funnels tidal waters producing the world's highest tides.

We Canadians cannot raise the kind of finances necessary to address this issue entirely on our own......... we need to get residents of New Orleans, New York, New Jersey and Florida interested in this as well because there is a way to significantly decrease the danger faced by residents of Truro and Pugwash.

Every cubic meter of ocean water that is desalinated and added to the water table of Israel, Jordan, Qatar, Tunisia, Australia or California........ is really good news for people living near the oceans.

Graphene screens and low cost desalination of ocean water.

Turning deserts green and saving New Orleans and Florida...

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dennis, the sentiment is appreciated here. But consider that at that time 1/3 of the Colonists were themselves loyalist Tories, so I guess the Canadian position was to some degree understandable, though I believe wrong. I think history has proven the Revolution to have been just, and to have produced two of the greatest human documents of governance ever, but back then the rightness of the cause may have been harder to anticipate by some.

Sometimes we have to put out an idea as a gambit..... that sets us up for
something more complex that can be explained in depth later on.

President Trump, Cyrus prophecies and the Jerusalem Sanhedrin?

For the record....... I have a theory on HOW TO PAY OFF THE NATIONAL DEBT OF THE UNITED STATES AND ISRAEL!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I don't hold Brits today responsible for the oppression of the colonies, or the atrocities committed in the Revolutionary War, so I feel no need for them to apologize for them. Why then, would I feel that Canadians today owe me an apology? Canada wasn't even a country back then.
How did the gencide of the native Americans go without us Brits, or the 150 years of slavery? 2 sides to most coins?

• Informative
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How did the gencide of the native Americans go without us Brits, or the 150 years of slavery? 2 sides to most coins?

Good points!

The eldest in the family does tend to learn certain lessons before the younger siblings clue to the same things.

Jeremiah 31:9

They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The British did get the ball rolling on the killing of Native Americans, and slavery was well-established by British colonists, got to give credit/blame where it is due. Unfortunate that Americans at the time continued it.

Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The British did get the ball rolling on the killing of Native Americans, and slavery was well-established by British colonists, got to give credit/blame where it is due. Unfortunate that Americans at the time continued it.
Very true but the US perfected industrialised genicide and the British abolished slavery voluntarily without the need fir a war which killed hundreds of thousands and devastated half the country.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Very true but the US perfected industrialised genicide and the British abolished slavery voluntarily without the need fir a war which killed hundreds of thousands and devastated half the country.
I'd give the credit for perfecting industrialized genocide to the Germans.

Upvote 0