Do we bless the food or don't we, does it really make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
There are people in panic all over the United States because of the recalls of beef.

LOS ANGELES - The U.S. Department of Agriculture on Sunday ordered the recall of 143 million pounds of frozen beef from a California slaughterhouse, the subject of an animal-abuse investigation, that provided meat to school lunch programs.

About 150 school districts around the nation have stopped using ground beef from Hallmark Meat Packing Co., which is associated with Westland. Two fast-food chains, Jack-In-the-Box and In-N-Out, said they would not use beef from Westland/Hallmark.

Today marks the largest beef recall in U.S. history, and it involves the national school lunch program and other federal food and nutrition programs," said U.S. Sen. Tom Harkin, chairman of the Chairman of the Senate

Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry. "This begs the question: how much longer will we continue to test our luck with weak enforcement of federal food safety regulations?"

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are people in panic all over the United States because of the recalls of beef.

LOS ANGELES - The U.S. Department of Agriculture on Sunday ordered the recall of 143 million pounds of frozen beef from a California slaughterhouse, the subject of an animal-abuse investigation, that provided meat to school lunch programs.

About 150 school districts around the nation have stopped using ground beef from Hallmark Meat Packing Co., which is associated with Westland. Two fast-food chains, Jack-In-the-Box and In-N-Out, said they would not use beef from Westland/Hallmark.

Today marks the largest beef recall in U.S. history, and it involves the national school lunch program and other federal food and nutrition programs," said U.S. Sen. Tom Harkin, chairman of the Chairman of the Senate

Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry. "This begs the question: how much longer will we continue to test our luck with weak enforcement of federal food safety regulations?"
No we don't bless food. We give thanks for it.

After my dad's memorial service, we had many people who we wanted to feed because they came from all over to pay their respects....Guess what I made? Chocolate cake with the peanut butter frosting that was recalled because of E.Coli? I didn't know it of course but we all ate it and no one got sick but the rest of my jar of peanut butter was given for research at a local university so they have fun with the E.Coli bacteria found in peanut butter.

We did pray over the food by giving thanks to God for it...

What makes me so mad is I have all this beef and it is being recalled and it takes my gasoline to return it and my good money is down the drain. ARGH!

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
No we don't bless food. We give thanks for it.

After my dad's memorial service, we had many people who we wanted to feed because they came from all over to pay their respects....Guess what I made? Chocolate cake with the peanut butter frosting that was recalled because of E.Coli? I didn't know it of course but we all ate it and no one got sick but the rest of my jar of peanut butter was given for research at a local university so they have fun with the E.Coli bacteria found in peanut butter.

We did pray over the food by giving thanks to God for it...

What makes me so mad is I have all this beef and it is being recalled and it takes my gasoline to return it and my good money is down the drain. ARGH!
I know what you mean,
The reason I asked the question, I was listening to some people talking and I was wondering what other people thought. In some cases it almost sounded like people were snake handlers saying if they prayed over the food with the knowledge they had that if they put anything in them it will by no means hurt them. Don’t get me wrong, I believe in the power of prayer, and I believe God is able to deliver us from things and I believe He does want us to be in health and prosper. But I don’t think He wants to test Him. I think people can take things a little too far. Like I said before it almost sounded like snake handlers.

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

That isnt even the tip of the iceberg for all the foods are not fit to consume.

Yes, we should exercise wisdom and not eat something we KNOW is contaminated, but we shouldnt base that as our only reason to thank God and bless our food at every meal.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't think we need to jump to conclusions that our meat is contaminated because a vegitarian that wouldn't eat anything with a face, took some videos of using heavy equipment to move a downed cow. Living in a dairy community and seeing this often, it's the only way they can move a downed cow. Most of the hamburger served in alot of restaurants are from downed milk cows. The adverage life span of a milk cow is 5 years, and when she's down she goes to the meat processing place. she will go down, and be processed to eat. The cow is not diseased, but reached it's life span as a milk cow. The cruality part needs to stop. I know it's not pleasant to watch the process of how we get our meat, we much rather see it wrapped nice and neat in cellophane at the store. But that's reality.

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't think we need to jump to conclusions that our meat is contaminated because a vegitarian that wouldn't eat anything with a face, took some videos of using heavy equipment to move a downed cow. Living in a dairy community and seeing this often, it's the only way they can move a downed cow. Most of the hamburger served in alot of restaurants are from downed milk cows. The adverage life span of a milk cow is 5 years, and when she's down she goes to the meat processing place. she will go down, and be processed to eat. The cow is not diseased, but reached it's life span as a milk cow. The cruality part needs to stop. I know it's not pleasant to watch the process of how we get our meat, we much rather see it wrapped nice and neat in cellophane at the store. But that's reality.
But wasn’t the problem in the inconsistency of the inspections?

WASHINGTON, Feb. 17, 2008 – Hallmark/Westland Meat Packing Co., a Chino, Calif., establishment, is voluntarily recalling approximately 143,383,823 pounds of raw and frozen beef products that FSIS has determined to be unfit for human food because the cattle did not receive complete and proper inspection. Through evidence obtained by FSIS, the establishment did not consistently contact the FSIS public health veterinarian in situations in which cattle became non-ambulatory after passing ante-mortem inspection, which is not compliant with FSIS regulations.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
But wasn’t the problem in the inconsistency of the inspections?

WASHINGTON, Feb. 17, 2008 – Hallmark/Westland Meat Packing Co., a Chino, Calif., establishment, is voluntarily recalling approximately 143,383,823 pounds of raw and frozen beef products that FSIS has determined to be unfit for human food because the cattle did not receive complete and proper inspection. Through evidence obtained by FSIS, the establishment did not consistently contact the FSIS public health veterinarian in situations in which cattle became non-ambulatory after passing ante-mortem inspection, which is not compliant with FSIS regulations.
Your right...I'm all for inspections. But at the same time I don't believe there needs to be a panic that something was wrong with the meat that's being recalled. Some would assume there was. It's just a measure that needs to be done.

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know what you mean,
The reason I asked the question, I was listening to some people talking and I was wondering what other people thought. In some cases it almost sounded like people were snake handlers saying if they prayed over the food with the knowledge they had that if they put anything in them it will by no means hurt them. Don’t get me wrong, I believe in the power of prayer, and I believe God is able to deliver us from things and I believe He does want us to be in health and prosper. But I don’t think He wants to test Him. I think people can take things a little too far. Like I said before it almost sounded like snake handlers.
I couldn't agree with you more! I am of the opinion that if there is something we can do, we must do it. When we have exhausted our resources to help then God will do what GOD does best and that is take control of the situation. When I am given the knowledge not to eat "beef that has been recalled" then I should not eat it. Not because I am panicked but because there is chance of contamination. I don't believe I have the right to push past this without calling it murder if I were to drop dead from eating after having the knowledge. That is downright stupid. I am not in a panic so much as I am inconvenienced and disgruntled by the mess.

Upvote 0

HephzibahBenJudah

Daughter of Zion
Oct 31, 2006
Florida
✟128,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some folks wouldn't care if the food was tainted ...they just want a crumb because they are starving.

Yes give thanks for our food and ask God to bless it to the nourishment of the body but praying also for the hungry and for wisdom to eat the right foods and in moderations and to not be wasteful and to help others.

Reactions: importunity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Your right...I'm all for inspections. But at the same time I don't believe there needs to be a panic that something was wrong with the meat that's being recalled. Some would assume there was. It's just a measure that needs to be done.
I couldn’t agree more. There does not need to be a panic, but that is how the media controls our society. They prey on weakness in the minds of the viewers. To cause us to have little to no faith in God. I do believe in wisdom, and not doing things that are unwise (my wife of almost 20 years might tell you something different though lol.)

I do pray over my food and give thanks to God for His provision.
I have prayed most of the time to bless, sanctify and make it nourishment to my body. I have always told people to do that because you don’t know what you are going to put in your mouth. But how scriptural is that?

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I couldn’t agree more. There does not need to be a panic, but that is how the media controls our society. They prey on weakness in the minds of the viewers. To cause us to have little to no faith in God. I do believe in wisdom, and not doing things that are unwise (my wife of almost 20 years might tell you something different though lol.)

I do pray over my food and give thanks to God for His provision.
I have prayed most of the time to bless, sanctify and make it nourishment to my body. I have always told people to do that because you don’t know what you are going to put in your mouth. But how scriptural is that?
Good to pray and give thanks for your food.. I wonder if this applies...Mar 16:18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Paul didn't choose to purposely be bitten by a snake, and we don't purposely eat or drink deadly things. But if for some reason it happens I do believe by us asking God to sactifiy our food to our bodies, He does.

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Good to pray and give thanks for your food.. I wonder if this applies...Mar 16:18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Paul didn't choose to purposely be bitten by a snake, and we don't purposely eat or drink deadly things. But if for some reason it happens I do believe by us asking God to sactifiy our food to our bodies, He does.
I have had people tell me they thought that applies but the problem is the context of that scripture is preaching the Gospel and in the preaching of the Gospel God confirms His Word with signs following.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2006
✟9,707.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I always give thanks for my food and ask God to bless/sanctify it. You never know what's in the food nowadays.

I'll go something like this:

Father, thank You for the food. Bless it and sanctify it in Jesus name. Use it to nourish my body and to fatten me up in the right places (yes I'm skinny so I want to put on some weight). Take out any bad stuff and add in Your good stuff. Amen.

Sometimes, I'll pray in tongues over the food for the Bible says that when you speak in tongues you give thanks in a most excellent way.

Giving thanks is also acknowledging that He is the source of all my provisions.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Aside from contamination we eat chemicals every day and yes we need to bless our food to ask God for protection and to cleanse our food and remove any impurities thast might be in it. We beed to thank Him for our food. An interesting sidenote, the Jewish give thanks after they eat, pretty neat way of praising God I think

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know what you mean,
Remember when Elijah was being fed by Ravens? IMHO we need to not judge food, but rather where it comes from. Ravens are considered unclean as they eat dead things (perhaps that is where they got the meat?), yet they were sent by God.

Be thankful for what we get.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.