Do voters have a right to know the extent of Hillary's illness(es)? (moved from NCE)

Do voters have a right to know about Hillary Clinton's health. She refuses to comment.

• Yes. It's fundamental to the election process.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No. It's private, like Trump's tax returns.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Who or what group would decide a candidate's fitness? It could not be any partisan group that would decide fitness. Could the Supreme Court be trusted to make such a judgement? I think there should not be anyone deciding fitness. Just let them run and depend on the vice president if he is called to be president. .
That's one way to look at it, but I think that expecting a candidate to release his medical records is as reasonable as demanding that he release his tax returns (seeing which most people seem to consider to be the voters' natural right). And it's probably more important.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mental health is equally as important as physical health. Ron Reagan, Ronald Reagan's son, said he had symptoms of early Alzheimer's as early as 3 years into his first term. Psychology Today mentions this and other observations made while Reagan was President.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...hen-did-reagans-first-signs-alzheimers-appear

Trump shows many signs of impulsivity and narcissism and I would feel more comfortable with his candidacy (not comfortable enough to vote for him, but more comfortable) if he passed a psychiatric evaluation.

Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump shows many signs of impulsivity and narcissism and I would feel more comfortable with his candidacy (not comfortable enough to vote for him, but more comfortable) if he passed a psychiatric evaluation.
That is a step further, though, and would logically require a similar action on Hillary's part. That would amount to her having some sort of physical conducted by a neutral physician for purposes of informing the voters, not just releasing existing records.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hillary Clinton did have a physical a year ago and that letter was published. Trump's letter has questionable phrasing that indicates that they letter could have been written by someone other than a doctor. There is strong evidence that he did not comply with that any more than he has released his tax records.

see
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jenni...cerning-trumps-medical-letter_b_11565838.html

4. No doctor describes tests as “only positive results” or “astonishingly excellent.”......

“Only positive results” is gibberish. Some tests are good if they are positive and some are bad if they are positive. Some results are just not binary. For example, a hemoglobin (blood count) is a number and not positive or negative.

What are “astonishingly excellent” laboratory test results? I’m a doctor, and I don’t know. Is it astonishing that a 70-year-old man has normal results? Are his results all exactly average which is good — but wait, I thought his tests are all positive?​
Looks bad all around for Trump

This stuff about Hillary's health is just the latest political attempt to try and tarnish her

Last edited:
Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0