Do they know we are Christians by our love?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In the following article, I ask the question if observers will know we are Christians by our love (as the song goes). I make the case that love must be expressed in actions, look at reasons a Christian might give for not doing so and attempt to counter the theological ones. I talk about how our fruits affect the church's witness. Have you considered the impact the fruits of your life have on people's (particularly the young's) perception of Christianity?
Good. (hopefully)
Most places, observers do not know an assembly by their love (as Scripture Says, and the song).
Almost the only place I have read that the family members, neighbors, co-workers, and other observers (even law enforcement) KNOW they are Ekklesia by their lives, is in small groups(thousands of the groups meeting in homes, QUIETLY (if they are HEARD by others , they are subject to arrest and imprisonment) , they see and know daily the totally changed lives of the Ekklesia (as Scripture says Yahuweh requires a total life change, and this is rarely observed) ....
AND, best of all,
the observers, "without a word", are /becoming/ CONVERTS! They get immersed in Yahushua's Name because they repent because they are convicted by observing the true Ekklesia Lives daily.....

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
AND, best of all,
the observers, "without a word", are /becoming/ CONVERTS! They get immersed in Yahushua's Name because they repent because they are convicted by observing the true Ekklesia Lives daily.....

That's beautiful. That's what is possible if we are known by our love.

Upvote 0

danielmears

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2018
Phelan
✟132,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the following article, I ask the question if observers will know we are Christians by our love (as the song goes). I make the case that love must be expressed in actions, look at reasons a Christian might give for not doing so and attempt to counter the theological ones. I talk about how our fruits affect the church's witness. Have you considered the impact the fruits of your life have on people's (particularly the young's) perception of Christianity?

Do they know we are Christians by our love? : cruciformity
God is love and if we are to, be one with God/Christ as Jesus prayed in John 17:21 then love should be flowing through us. We are told we must abide in love. This with faith is what we as believers must have.

• Friendly
Reactions: mcarans
Upvote 0

mcarans

Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2018
Wellington
✟136,444.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is love and if we are to, be one with God/Christ as Jesus prayed in John 17:21 then love should be flowing through us. We are told we must abide in love. This with faith is what we as believers must have.
Absolutely. You sound like someone familiar with cruciform theology which centres around texts like the one you quoted from John. You may be interested in joining the subreddit which is on this subject
Cruciformity: the cross is where God is most clearly seen

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
True love covers a lot of territory. Hypothetically speaking, if the non-Christian world were to say we are not doing those kinds of things, wouldn't it be a valid critique?
No. (A) Because it's isn't true; religious people do more charity than anybody else. And (B) also because the unbelieving world rejects the Christian understanding of love.

To them, we oppose LGBT rights and therefore we are mean, hateful people. It doesn't matter that we do more charity than anybody else combined times 2, it doesn't matter that Christians basically built the western world and invented individual liberty. We oppose certain causes which are dear to non-believers and there is no redeeming value for us as far as most of them are concerned.

Therefore, "being loving" by modern worldly standards is a completely worthless criterion and it isn't something Christians should aspire to, frankly.

Upvote 0

mcarans

Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2018
Wellington
✟136,444.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. (A) Because it's isn't true; religious people do more charity than anybody else. And (B) also because the unbelieving world rejects the Christian understanding of love.

To them, we oppose LGBT rights and therefore we are mean, hateful people. It doesn't matter that we do more charity than anybody else combined times 2, it doesn't matter that Christians basically built the western world and invented individual liberty. We oppose certain causes which are dear to non-believers and there is no redeeming value for us as far as most of them are concerned.

Therefore, "being loving" by modern worldly standards is a completely worthless criterion and it isn't something Christians should aspire to, frankly.
Regarding LGBT rights, I think the view of some Christians as unloving is less due to their opposition to gay marriage but because of historical treatment of gays and because some in the church are pushing for the criminalisation of gay sex and sponsoring such legislation in third world countries. Also there's the impression that Christians wish to force their views on others while complaining, often erroneously, that other groups are forcing their views on them (for example Islamic Sharia Law).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

danielmears

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2018
Phelan
✟132,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely. You sound like someone familiar with cruciform theology which centres around texts like the one you quoted from John. You may be interested in joining the subreddit which is on this subject
I was not aware of this, so I followed your link and do agree Jesus revealed the character of the Father. That being said, to reach the mark, we must do what Christ said,And why call ye me, Lord, Lord and do not the things which I say? Luke 6:46 and he also tells us what we must do to achieve real, "life".Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God; but if thou wilt enter into life keep the commandments. Matt. 19:17 then he goes on to list the commandments but he tells us the greatest two which all the others fall under are to love God with all of your heart and, mind, he says, and to love others as your self. The latter being the more difficult at times, but nevertheless, commanded. So, abiding in unconditional love and loving God with all of our being and one another, is a necessity to meet the mark. Not only that but realizing we are living in a righteous system where it is done unto you as you believe and having the faith of God! Glory to God, then maybe we will, be one, realize our oneness with the living God in us, we in God and Christ, all of us one.

• Agree
Upvote 0

mcarans

Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2018
Wellington
✟136,444.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was not aware of this, so I followed your link and do agree Jesus revealed the character of the Father. That being said, to reach the mark, we must do what Christ said,And why call ye me, Lord, Lord and do not the things which I say? Luke 6:46 and he also tells us what we must do to achieve real, "life".Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God; but if thou wilt enter into life keep the commandments. Matt. 19:17 then he goes on to list the commandments but he tells us the greatest two which all the others fall under are to love God with all of your heart and, mind, he says, and to love others as your self. The latter being the more difficult at times, but nevertheless, commanded. So, abiding in unconditional love and loving God with all of our being and one another, is a necessity to meet the mark. Not only that but realizing we are living in a righteous system where it is done unto you as you believe and having the faith of God! Glory to God, then maybe we will, be one, realize our oneness with the living God in us, we in God and Christ, all of us one.
The one thing didn't follow is this "Not only that but realizing we are living in a righteous system where it is done unto you as you believe and having the faith of God!" Can you expand on this and also explain what you think is the consequence of missing the mark?

Upvote 0

danielmears

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2018
Phelan
✟132,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whether one knows it or not our thoughts are moving in the unseen manifesting in the seen. That is why, a good man out of the good treasure within him, paraphrased, brings about good fruit and likewise an evil man's heart brings about corresponding fruit, manifestation. The Christ, literally, the anointed, tells us over and over, that it is done unto you as you believe, according to your faith! This is why what we think matters. This is also why Christ would have unbelievers leave the room when he was doing some miracles snd only have John, James and Peter with him. They were also present at the transfiguration. Thought moves! That is why Christ would become frustrated, how long must I suffer you, folks were not getting it, the lack of faith. If you read, The Light, and the, Commentary on the Light, it will reveal the power of thought, thinking right, righteously! It is on, www.http./therealmbydanielmears.com God bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mcarans

Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2018
Wellington
✟136,444.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whether one knows it or not our thoughts are moving in the unseen manifesting in the seen. That is why, a good man out of the good treasure within him, paraphrased, brings about good fruit and likewise an evil man's heart brings about corresponding fruit, manifestation. The Christ, literally, the anointed, tells us over and over, that it is done unto you as you believe, according to your faith! This is why what we think matters. This is also why Christ would have unbelievers leave the room when he was doing some miracles snd only have John, James and Peter with him. They were also present at the transfiguration. Thought moves! That is why Christ would become frustrated, how long must I suffer you, folks were not getting it, the lack of faith. If you read, The Light, and the, Commentary on the Light, it will reveal the power of thought, thinking right, righteously! It is on, www.http./therealmbydanielmears.com God bless!
Thanks for sharing! Your recounting of what happened to your father is remarkable. The theology behind what you describe seems to me to be along the lines of what cruciform theology is all about.

Reactions: danielmears
Upvote 0

danielmears

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2018
Phelan
✟132,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing! Your recounting of what happened to your father is remarkable. The theology behind what you describe seems to me to be along the lines of what cruciform theology is all about.
I woke up in the middle of the night last night pondering cruciformity. So I delved into this and indeed I believe there is a message within I needed. I do not believe that it was coincidental. Thank you for that.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

mcarans

Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2018
Wellington
✟136,444.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I woke up in the middle of the night last night pondering cruciformity. So I delved into this and indeed I believe there is a message within I needed. I do not believe that it was coincidental. Thank you for that.
You are most welcome!

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This is why what we think matters. This is also why Christ would have unbelievers leave the room when he was doing some miracles
Yes, as written, and
same with the assemblies of Ekklesia - maintaining purity - some were excluded necessarily , according to what is written.
In the last century or two, there were revivals in Wales, England, France, and perhaps some other countries, and the evangelist , before calling for prayer and for the sick to be prayed for, would separate those who believed in healing and miracles from those who did not, and obtained results the same as Jesus , always abiding by Jesus' Word and doing as Jesus does.

Upvote 0